Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 3rd April 2011, 11:55   #1201  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

That looks like the same problem i had with LAV CUVID in 0.1, heh.
Old 3rd April 2011, 12:04   #1202  |  Link
CruNcher

could be also what is visually seen a slice rendering problem as most x264 streams here also in .m2ts don't Bork out and all have in common that they don't use slices or a combination of slices + mbaff

And as V0lt said that hillary Mpeg-2 Stream Freezes with Lav Splitter + any Decoder even LAV CUVID

Works fine with MPC-HC Splitter, Haali, Arcsoft

Btw that brings me on the question could you add to modular allow to disable libavformat parser in lavsplitter, would make testing easier then to allways register/unregister after the 1000 time you feed up

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 3rd April 2011 at 12:21.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 13:42   #1203  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
That looks like the same problem i had with LAV CUVID in 0.1, heh.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 3rd April 2011, 14:23   #1204  |  Link
Mercury_22

Using Arcsoft video & audio I'm trying to play a VC-1 i & DTS-Hd Blu-ray (folder) when I open the m2ts file the video it's smooth BUT when I'm opening the index.bdmv the video is very choppy (same setting used as before in MPC-HC and LAVSplitter)
The same index.bdmv it's playing smooth with WMVideo Decoder DMO and Frame time correction ON or using internal splitter with any of the video decoders mentioned without any setting changed (except that for WMVideo Decoder DMO I'm using Frame time correction ON)

P.S. I'm using your latest LAVSplitter (from today VS2010 SP1 & Win 7.1 SDK) and tested all settings in LAV and MPC-HC
Old 3rd April 2011, 14:29   #1205  |  Link
SamuriHL

LAV Filters don't support blu-ray yet, afaik. Nev has been talking about adding it to the next version.
Old 3rd April 2011, 14:32   #1206  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
LAV Filters don't support blu-ray yet, afaik. Nev has been talking about adding it to the next version.
Any index.bdmv with H264 it's playing fine with LAV !

EDIT again "I'm using latest LAVFSplitter-603e79a from today VS2010 SP1 & Win 7.1 SDK"

Last edited by Mercury_22; 3rd April 2011 at 14:39.
Mercury_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 14:41   #1207  |  Link
SamuriHL

Ok. Then I guess you'll have to wait for Nev to answer that one. I'm guessing there's probably a reason he hasn't released a new version with that support yet.
Old 3rd April 2011, 14:53   #1208  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
Using Arcsoft video & audio I'm trying to play a VC-1 i & DTS-Hd Blu-ray (folder) when I open the m2ts file the video it's smooth BUT when I'm opening the index.bdmv the video is very choppy (same setting used as before in MPC-HC and LAVSplitter)
The same index.bdmv it's playing smooth with WMVideo Decoder DMO and Frame time correction ON or using internal splitter with any of the video decoders mentioned without any setting changed (except that for WMVideo Decoder DMO I'm using Frame time correction ON)
Try setting the VC1 timestamp option to completly "off" in the settings. The automatic detection is probably broken right now. Will try to fix it, but i don't have interlaced blurays.

Edit:
Or try with the latest version (7431d08)

Quote:
Ok. Then I guess you'll have to wait for Nev to answer that one. I'm guessing there's probably a reason he hasn't released a new version with that support yet.
Obviously there is always time between releases where a feature is about done, but not released. As it is with open source, everyone is free to grab the source of those versions and compile it for themself.

In any case, i spent alot of time debugging seamless playback over the weekend, and it should be working perfectly now.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 3rd April 2011 at 14:58.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 15:16   #1209  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Try setting the VC1 timestamp option to completly "off" in the settings. The automatic detection is probably broken right now. Will try to fix it, but i don't have interlaced blurays.

Edit:
Or try with the latest version (7431d08)

Obviously there is always time between releases where a feature is about done, but not released. As it is with open source, everyone is free to grab the source of those versions and compile it for themself.

In any case, i spent alot of time debugging seamless playback over the weekend, and it should be working perfectly now.
YES! it's working with version (7431d08)
Old 3rd April 2011, 15:30   #1210  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:

Yea I realized that the second time he said he was using the latest from SVN. sigh. I really need to get my damn dev env set up so I can also pull the latest. I just haven't had time. Looking forward to this next release.
Old 3rd April 2011, 18:39   #1211  |  Link
v0lt

@nevcairiel
I was asked to report:
Quote:
At usage of a system splitter or Haali, audio tracks in files avi in Zoom Player (Ctrl-A) switch normally as soon as I install LAVF, the keyboard shortcut doesn't work, and at switching manually Zoom Player produces a program error
File for check with two audio tracks http://narod.ru/disk/8587018001/test.avi.html
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 19:44   #1212  |  Link
Ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
The CoreAVC issue seems to be a Render bug on Nvidia Hardware via DXVA on their side, almost any .m2ts stream borks visually out with CoreAVC DXVA and VP2
Not just Nvidia hardware, but their DXVA implementation in general. I've seen similar issues with other samples and ATI.

Switching CoreAVC (2.5.1) to software mode or using another DXVA decoder solves the problem.

Last edited by Ger; 3rd April 2011 at 20:00. Reason: Grammar
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 19:59   #1213  |  Link
CruNcher

So a heavy major DXVA bug i wonder how Beta Testers could oversee that one as it makes it DXVA mode practically useless, except you watch only non sliced x264 encodes

PS: I wasn't involved in beta testing so please dont hurt me even if im in the Credits, and to make it clear i don't give you your money back either a wait it was free so

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 3rd April 2011 at 20:08.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 20:54   #1214  |  Link
Ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
Hilary.0000.ts
LAV Splitter not play. But WMP is playing.
Nev has said earlier in the thread that streams with multiple programs (multiple SIDs) are not supported yet.

This seems to be one of those, a recording of a complete mux/transponder, not just a single channel. Normally LAV Splitter will play the first program/channel with these streams, but apparently not in this case.

With the internal MPC-HC splitter you can switch between the HD and SD video tracks. With MediaInfo you can even see the name of the channels KNTV-HD and KNTV-SD, so we know it was probably ATSC recorded in the Bay Area, California.

Another interesting thing about this sample is the closed captions. In VLC you can see the lyrics she's singing by enabling the CC subtitles. VLC can handle TeleText and CC, but can't switch between video tracks/programs either and only shows the SD video in this sample.
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 22:23   #1215  |  Link
xv

I have a little feature request (maybe itīs possible manual, I donīt know):
-Selection somewhere which formats should be registered.

I do not want to use it for MPEG-TS, because it cannot handle multiple programs. But I want to use it for WMV, because it can seek in incomplete files (I donīt know any other DirectShow splitter able to that), is there any way to change this manually?
xv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 02:50   #1216  |  Link
SamuriHL

Alright, I'm trying to get a build env set up finally. Got MSVC 2010 SP1 installed, got GIT integrated, and pulled the source from GIT. When I try to use the GIT link in the readme for ffmpeg I get an error 400. So I pulled it from the main GIT repository. Fine. Libbluray. I don't have an MSVC 2010 solution for it. When I open the LAVSplitter solution that's the error I get. I'm clearly missing something here. Help? I'd love to get this building so maybe I can help out once in a while. Thanks!

EDIT: This is what I get when I try to get from the ffmpeg git link in the readme:

Code:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\git.exe clone -v --progress --branch refs "http://git.1f0.de/gitweb?p=ffmpeg.git;a=summary" "C:/Users/Samuri/Documents/Visual Studio 2010/Projects/LAVFSplitter/ffmpeg"
error: The requested URL returned error: 400 while accessing http://git.1f0.de/gitweb?p=ffmpeg.git;a=summary/info/refs

fatal: HTTP request failed
Cloning into C:/Users/Samuri/Documents/Visual Studio 2010/Projects/LAVFSplitter/ffmpeg...
Done
I'm extremely new to using GIT so forgive me for my stupidity here. And I need to pull the libbluray from Nev's GIT hub, as well, but, I think I have the same issue there so clearly I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited by SamuriHL; 4th April 2011 at 03:08.
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 03:46   #1217  |  Link
Snowknight26

Tried to encode a fake-interlaced VC-1 clip earlier and the LAV splitter spat out "Interlaced frames/fields support is not implemented" in the command prompt, even though it seemed to encode just fine. Is the part of libavfilter that issued the warning even used? I figured it'd be only for decoding, not for parsing the VC-1 header. Seems strange to show that warning yet still work flawlessly.
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 06:34   #1218  |  Link
Sebastiii

Quote:
Alright, I'm trying to get a build env set up finally. Got MSVC 2010 SP1 installed, got GIT integrated, and pulled the source from GIT. When I try to use the GIT link in the readme for ffmpeg I get an error 400. So I pulled it from the main GIT repository. Fine. Libbluray. I don't have an MSVC 2010 solution for it. When I open the LAVSplitter solution that's the error I get. I'm clearly missing something here. Help? I'd love to get this building so maybe I can help out once in a while. Thanks!

EDIT: This is what I get when I try to get from the ffmpeg git link in the readme:

Code:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\git.exe clone -v --progress --branch refs "http://git.1f0.de/gitweb?p=ffmpeg.git;a=summary" "C:/Users/Samuri/Documents/Visual Studio 2010/Projects/LAVFSplitter/ffmpeg"
error: The requested URL returned error: 400 while accessing http://git.1f0.de/gitweb?p=ffmpeg.git;a=summary/info/refs

fatal: HTTP request failed
Cloning into C:/Users/Samuri/Documents/Visual Studio 2010/Projects/LAVFSplitter/ffmpeg...
Done
I'm extremely new to using GIT so forgive me for my stupidity here. And I need to pull the libbluray from Nev's GIT hub, as well, but, I think I have the same issue there so clearly I'm doing something wrong.
Hi m8
I use tortoiseGit, but it should work for you, this is the link i sur for ffmpeg : git://git.1f0.de/ffmpeg.git
Libbluray : git://git.1f0.de/libbluray.git
Lavf : git://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFSplitter

Edit : LAst version works like a charm for BD

Last edited by Sebastiii; 4th April 2011 at 06:43.
Sebastiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 06:51   #1219  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Open the links i provided in web browser, it shows the proper cloning URLs on the page that opens.

lav splitter: git://git.1f0.de/lavfsplitter.git (or from GitHub, git://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFSplitter.git)
ffmpeg: git://git.1f0.de/ffmpeg.git
libbluray: git://git.1f0.de/libbluray.git

http cloning is not supported from my git hosting page, need to use the git protocol (or ssh if you have access, which only i do )

As an alternative, just checkout LAV Splitter, and then run "git submodule update --init", which will download ffmpeg and libbluray from my repositories in the proper location. It can also be used in the future to keep those two modules updated, when/if i update them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Tried to encode a fake-interlaced VC-1 clip earlier and the LAV splitter spat out "Interlaced frames/fields support is not implemented" in the command prompt, even though it seemed to encode just fine. Is the part of libavfilter that issued the warning even used? I figured it'd be only for decoding, not for parsing the VC-1 header. Seems strange to show that warning yet still work flawlessly.
It throws out the warnings when it reads an interlaced header, because the code doing the header parsing is basically the same as the code that does the decoding (if it were to decode..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xv View Post
I have a little feature request (maybe itīs possible manual, I donīt know):
-Selection somewhere which formats should be registered.
This is on my list of things to do. Sadly there is no easy way to do it manually.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 4th April 2011 at 07:04.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 14:43   #1220  |  Link
SamuriHL

Thanks guys! I finally got the source downloaded and ffmpeg built with MinGW. (Man that's a chore!) I forgot to install the Win 7.1 SDK (uh, oops) so I've yet to be able to build the MSVC projects, but, I'm making good progress. Hopefully I'll have this built soon so I can start taking a look at it.

EDIT: Or not. My ffmpeg build didn't seem to succeed as well as I thought. I'm missing 'avformat-52.lib'. Guess I have to go work through that again. sigh.

Last edited by SamuriHL; 4th April 2011 at 14:50.
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter