Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 21st November 2005, 18:44   #41  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSB-SPY
It was still a bit off, and from the looks of things, I am guessing it's due to the half-second default setting of the "interleaving" command? I could not get it to work, however. Did not know where to add the command "-inter 0" to.
interleaving is there for a reason, dont turn it off

what do you mean with "it was still a bit off"?

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
Old 21st November 2005, 20:43   #42  |  Link
FSB-SPY

The sync was off.
Old 23rd November 2005, 07:01   #43  |  Link
JoeBG
stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBG
-add "E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1_EncoderOutput.264:rate=23.98

would be the command. without "rate" mp4box imports with 25 as a standart.

@ Stax

Yes, there are some feature requests:
- name
- lang
would be most important - thank you
For testing use this mp4box

Joe
------------------------
freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose
Old 24th November 2005, 20:21   #44  |  Link
stax76

new version available:

Quote:
0.9.0.7 (2005-11-24)
  • new: The minimal and maximal value of the resolution resize slider in the main dialog can be customized in the settings. The default value is 720, for HDTV a value up to 1920 is possible.
  • new: Setup wizard like dialog allowing to config basic default project options. The dialog pops up on the very first startup and when the default project is reseted.
  • new: AVI2WAV which extracts any audio format to a pseudo wav file (original format e.g. MP3 but with riff wav header and wav file extension. BeSweet supports such files. AVI2WAV is also available with the download feature.
  • new: DirectShowSource AviSynth filter.
  • new: trellis and me for x264.
  • new: Added to x264 options if and how the target file size should be adjusted after the compressibility check.
  • new: MP4Box from 2005-11-08.
  • fix: Source code didn't compile out of the box because the Stax library wasn't included.
  • change: <span style="font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Auto detection of audio files is now restricted in that audio files must begin with the file name of the video source file.</span>
  • change: AviSynth 2.5.6a is now required and available with the download feature.
  • change: Theming code had to be changed which I could not test if it works under Windows 2000.
  • change: Many critical internal changes to the complex x264 dialog were done and only few test were made.
Regarding MP4, some complete command line examples would be very helpful.

Last edited by stax76; 24th November 2005 at 20:30.
Old 25th November 2005, 02:06   #45  |  Link
bratao

Thank you Stax, for puting the avi stuff..
I´m doing now some Dvd features and anti-newbie x264 configuration(Fastest ,fast ,normal, good, best and Insane)
Old 25th November 2005, 02:58   #46  |  Link
bratao

Stax,
About the mp4box , it auto make a 25fps if you not tell.
In Muxer.vb

cl.Append(" -fps""" + p.SourceFramerate.ToString)

Would fix that
Old 25th November 2005, 09:42   #47  |  Link
yaz
n00b ever

i'd love to taste this beauty but ... i'm quite unwilling to install sp2 just for that. is there any other way to install net2 final onto winxp wout letting that beast free. (my latest 2 beta is refused by SR)

thx
y
Old 25th November 2005, 15:57   #48  |  Link
JoeBG
stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
new version available:
Here my normal batchfile for all my movies
Attached Files
File Type: 7z muxer.7z (506 Bytes, 439 views)

Joe
------------------------
Old 25th November 2005, 16:17   #49  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
I´m doing now some Dvd features
what features would that be, I was thinking doing some DVD related stuff as well including mkv with vobsub support

Quote:
i'd love to taste this beauty but ... i'm quite unwilling to install sp2 just for that. is there any other way to install net2 final onto winxp wout letting that beast free. (my latest 2 beta is refused by SR)
probably it will ask for SP2 as well. Generally I think it's not a bad idea to install it. I hope it don't cause trouble on your system. Some time ago SP2 caused arbitrary crashes on my system but meanwhile my system is totally different and the problems are all gone.

Quote:
Here my normal batchfile for all my movies
thanks, support for this is coming probably rather sooner than late.
Old 25th November 2005, 17:19   #50  |  Link
bond

Quote:
what do you want to do?

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
Old 25th November 2005, 17:41   #51  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
what do you want to do?
I would like to add all MP4 features that are popular. I hardly have enough time to add super geek features because then x264/MP4 would already be a full time job and no time would be left for anything else. I don't like adding subtitles support if it requires ocr but if it's popular I would even add that. I wish there was tools to mux vobsub subtitles because then I might not have to add mkv support. I like mkv and I like adding useful features but hardly have time to add and maintain 1000 features in particular if the features try to achieve similar things. I rather try to do one thing right than doing 100 different half baked things. Can vobsub muxing tools be expected in the near future for MP4?
Old 25th November 2005, 19:26   #52  |  Link
JoeBG
stupid

Quote:
I would like to add all MP4 features that are popular.
That´s easy to answer, popular is wahat is shown in the players:
1) language of the stream: -lang or :lang (example: "English")
2) Name of the stream: -name or :name (example: "Forced")
3) Picture Aspect Ratio: -par orar (you can do par with x264 or mp4box -> I prefer mp4box)

Quote:
Can vobsub muxing tools be expected in the near future for MP4?
Jean is working on this. But it seems to be that it is not so easy. But I think he will make it.

Joe
------------------------

Last edited by JoeBG; 25th November 2005 at 19:33.
Old 25th November 2005, 19:36   #53  |  Link
stax76

Thanks, I'll work on the muxing stuff then next, expect it in 1-2 days.
Old 25th November 2005, 20:29   #54  |  Link
JoeBG
stupid

Quote:
Thanks, I'll work on the muxing stuff then next, expect it in 1-2 days.
Would be a highlight in our day

Joe
------------------------
Old 26th November 2005, 01:21   #55  |  Link
stax76

Some more MP4 command lines by other people would be great, I need to know little details like what should the argument for the name parameter look like. If people use different values I have to expose control over these values to make the command line look exactly the way people want it to look.
Old 27th November 2005, 13:23   #56  |  Link
stax76

new version available:

Quote:
0.9.0.8 (2005-11-27)
  • new: MP4Box switches lang, fps
I'm releasing only a small update today. The fps switch for MP4Box will always be used, it will use the decimal character of the system's region settings so in most cases it will be:

-fps 25,00
-fps 25.00
-fps 29,97
-fps 29.97

The MP4Box documentation don't says something about the decimal character so I hope it works. It might be possible to generate a more terse command line but I rather have more terse source code, I hope it's OK.

What's next? I'll toy with the monad shell (Microsofts new command shell) to figure out my PAR calculations. I want to add PAR signaling totally automated not even provide a user interface. It'll be only signaled if no resize filter is enabled, would that sufficient?
Old 27th November 2005, 15:12   #57  |  Link
bond

mp4box on german windows handles "." as decimal character fine, i would use it always

also when remuxing from .avi or .mp4 to .mp4 you dont need to set the fps! setting the fps is only necessary when muxing raw streams, which i guess is not done by staxrip

edit: another important feature might be chapters, which you can set via
-chap chapters.txt

the chapterformat supported by mp4box is, next to others, the well known "ogm format"

edit2: :name="english audio 5.1" or any other text the user wants
for extended characters, eg äöü, you need to beaware of this

Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis

Last edited by bond; 27th November 2005 at 15:17.
Old 27th November 2005, 16:27   #58  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
also when remuxing from .avi or .mp4 to .mp4 you dont need to set the fps! setting the fps is only necessary when muxing raw streams, which i guess is not done by staxrip
.264 should work

Quote:
edit: another important feature might be chapters, which you can set via
-chap chapters.txt
I want to add it as well as very basic srt subs support but all this PAR/DAR/ITU crap I'm currently working on requires me to do a little research so it will take a little time.

Quote:
edit2: :name="english audio 5.1" or any other text the user wants
for extended characters, eg äöü, you need to beaware of this
Don't know yet how I do this one, JoeBG for instance uses rather "Englisch 5.1". Thanks about the warning regarding chars, wouldn't be the first time I stumble over such things.
Old 27th November 2005, 16:56   #59  |  Link
bond

Quote:
I want to add it as well as very basic srt subs support but all this PAR/DAR/ITU crap I'm currently working on requires me to do a little research so it will take a little time.

Don't know yet how I do this one, JoeBG for instance uses rather "Englisch 5.1". Thanks about the warning regarding chars, wouldn't be the first time I stumble over such things.
yep codepages are avil
also when adding chaptersupport make sure you store the chapter .txt file in utf-8 cause mp4box doesnt translate it to utf-8

Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
Old 29th November 2005, 00:40   #60  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
also when adding chaptersupport make sure you store the chapter .txt file in utf-8 cause mp4box doesnt
Currently I don't have plans for chapter support other than letting define the path to a chapter file. Am I right to assume DVDDecrypter outputs ANSI chapter files?

@all

I've added DAR support to MP4Box muxing but wasn't able to playback this right. I tried using latest VLC as well as ffdshow. I followed the description found here. Maybe my ffdshow or haali splitter is too old and I just need to update. I capture DVB and encode it using XviD/AVI or use XviD/mkv with vobsub for DVD so I'm still a little bit clueless about x264/MP4 as I don't use it yet. What I've done is adding DAR arguments to the MP4Box cmdl if no filter of the category "Resize" is enabled. Must I also signal something to x264? I saw a switch called sar, never heard of this before, by now I know ar, dar and par, things are getting ugly now...

Last edited by stax76; 29th November 2005 at 00:52.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265