Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 13th November 2005, 11:51   #21  |  Link
easyfab

Hello stax Thanks for your tool,

Could you tell me how to set 2 pass x264?
Because in options I select "perform first pass" and " perform second pass"
But what should i do in configuration? If i select mode 1 pass -> only 2x stats
And if i select 2 pass -> it did'nt work ( no stats generated).

On other request : could it be possible to resize more than 720 * XXX (source size).
Old 13th November 2005, 12:21   #22  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Could you tell me how to set 2 pass x264?
The default setings should just do 2 pass, x264 support is poorly tested though.

Quote:
But what should i do in configuration? If i select mode 1 pass -> only 2x stats
And if i select 2 pass -> it did'nt work ( no stats generated).
Did you understand the concept this dialog is based on? The "intermediate" thing described in the help. I hope it's not flawed, so far I don't have any feedback about it.

Quote:
On other request : could it be possible to resize more than 720 * XXX (source size).
Entering manually should work, I have to find a solution for the slider, what range would be needed?

Last edited by stax76; 13th November 2005 at 12:25.
Old 13th November 2005, 13:22   #23  |  Link
FFWD

Stax, I wasn't able to get your e-mail, so I'm posting it here.

On your site : "StaxRip requires the .NET Framework Version 2.0 to be installed. There aren't any stable versions yet. You can test however unstable prerelease alpha versions."

The NET Framework version 2.0 redistributable packages are stable/final :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframewo...s/default.aspx

BTW : I get a PageNotFound when I click on 'StaxRip /' (right frame)
http://www.planetdvb.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=StaxRip
Old 13th November 2005, 13:38   #24  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
StaxRip supports MP4 as well as an extendible framework to easily add new codecs and containers. MP4 however is really in an alpha state, I'm hoping to get much feedback about new features such as mp4 and x264.
how does staxrip handle .mp4? via mp4box or?

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
Old 13th November 2005, 13:51   #25  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
On your site : "StaxRip requires the .NET Framework Version 2.0 to be installed. There aren't any stable versions yet. You can test however unstable prerelease alpha versions."
It meant StaxRip, I've changed the text, thanks.

Quote:
BTW : I get a PageNotFound when I click on 'StaxRip /' (right frame)
http://www.planetdvb.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=StaxRip
Thanks, I've should have used this as main page, still can do so and redirect the old page. Normally I would go for Dreamweaver and Fireworks doing a website but I'm not good in webdesign and wiki is a handy solution, I hope nobody abuse it otherwise I've to add some security.

Quote:
how does staxrip handle .mp4? via mp4box or?
Yes, currently I got a very basic MP4Box muxer, additionally the command line muxer might be useful. I've build a framework to make it easy adding more encoding and muxing backends.

Last edited by stax76; 13th November 2005 at 13:57.
Old 13th November 2005, 14:06   #26  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Yes, currently I got a very basic MP4Box muxer, additionally the command line muxer might be useful. I've build a framework to make it easy adding more encoding and muxing backends.
what does "a very basic mp4box muxer" mean? do you use the tool with the name "mp4box" from the gpac project?

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
Old 13th November 2005, 14:27   #27  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
what does "a very basic mp4box muxer" mean? do you use the tool with the name "mp4box" from the gpac project?
iirc I got it from here: http://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/gpac/dev

Is there a better website, version? I'm still using XviD and MKV so sorry if I'm not up to date. I hope getting a lot feedback on x264 and MP4 so I can improve those features.
Old 13th November 2005, 14:31   #28  |  Link
bond

Quote:
iirc I got it from here: http://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/gpac/dev

Is there a better website, version? I'm still using XviD and MKV so sorry if I'm not up to date. I hope getting a lot feedback on x264 and MP4 so I can improve those features.
nope, its normally the latest compile

i will try to have a look at staxrip

Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
Old 14th November 2005, 15:58   #29  |  Link
stax76

new version available:

Quote:
0.9.0.5 (2005-11-14)
  • fix: Command Line Encoder was always using x264 as command
@bratao

I've changed my release script to include source as well meaning from now on source code and binaries come always in sync as it supposed to be.

Can you please, explain me what is wrong with the audio handling and how you use avi2wav, it wraps audio always in riff wav, do you demux only real wav, if not, how is audio processed further. Another problem is it outputs multible audio files for multibles source files, which should be tricky with simple command line preparers, a command line preparer would have to use sort of scripting or a dedicated preparer must be derived.

Last edited by stax76; 14th November 2005 at 16:12.
Old 15th November 2005, 07:02   #30  |  Link
FSB-SPY

stax, is there a way to enable the "turbo" mode that Sharktooth uses in his HQ-Insane profile for MeGUI? I've successfully used the latest revision of his x264 builds, with your program. I went with the command line option and simply dropped in the switches produced by Sharktooth's HQ-Insane profile within MeGUI. Here is the code I am using in StaxRip for reference:

Code:
--bitrate %video_bitrate% --ref 16 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --filter -2,-1 --subme 7 --b-rdo --weightb --trellis 2 --analyse all  --8x8dct --me umh --progress --no-psnr --output "%encoder_out_file%" "%source_dir%%target_name%.avs"
Ticking and un-ticking the turbo option in MeGUI yielded no additional switches, so I am guessing it's a hardcoded function that's being used within MeGUI itself?

The difference in the frames per second of encoding is quite huge: went down from 10 frames, to 2. Hence my reason for requesting this, hopefully painless, addition to your work-in-progress.

P.S. Off topic, but just in case if you needed it; I also am using a custom profile for AAC encoding. I went with the streaming profile and here is the code for that:

Code:
-core( -input "%input%" -output "%output%" ) -azid( -s stereo -c normal -L -3db ) -bsn( -2ch -vbr_streaming -codecquality_fast -aacprofile_he ) -ota( -d 17 -g max )
Note: The delay on the end is something I have to manually alter with each encode, but right now it's not a big deal... still just testing!
Old 15th November 2005, 12:12   #31  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Ticking and un-ticking the turbo option in MeGUI yielded no additional switches, so I am guessing it's a hardcoded function that's being used within MeGUI itself?
No, you were in automated mode, you didn't see changes in the command line because you saw the second pass command line, switch to another mode and you'll see what switches turbo removes. StaxRip don't need this since it has the "All Passes" mode what is a fundamentally different concept, I hope it wasn't a bad idea, so far there is no feedback about this feature, how it works is described in the help. The big question is how popular is turbo because if it's popular I should change my default values.

Quote:
Note: The delay on the end is something I have to manually alter with each encode, but right now it's not a big deal... still just testing!
Next version will have a delay macro.
Old 15th November 2005, 17:45   #32  |  Link
stax76

new version available:

Quote:
0.9.0.6 (2005-11-15)
  • new: Mixed references for the x264 encoder
  • fix: Added audio delay macro to command line audio encoder and reseted all audio related settings
Old 15th November 2005, 21:25   #33  |  Link
bratao

Quote:
@bratao

I've changed my release script to include source as well meaning from now on source code and binaries come always in sync as it supposed to be.

Can you please, explain me what is wrong with the audio handling and how you use avi2wav, it wraps audio always in riff wav, do you demux only real wav, if not, how is audio processed further. Another problem is it outputs multible audio files for multibles source files, which should be tricky with simple command line preparers, a command line preparer would have to use sort of scripting or a dedicated preparer must be derived.
Sorry, i dont get the question..
but, i say what i get
1- The audio handle, for example i open a video for encodin,but i have many files in same folder (mp3, wav), so the staxrip for me always open 2 complety different audio files for the video.
I change the code for a more smart and anti-newbie way, it only open one file and the extention that we create(for the Mpg files it open mpa and for avi it open wav)

2-(i dont undertstand this question)- The beseet cant open the direct the avi sound, the avi2wav(use the comand line:avi2wavcmd inputfile.avi outfile.wav) demux the raw sound to a format that besweet can read and encode.
This its added in the preparation code, if extention is AVi its run.

And this is the changes:
In Mainform.vb
Quote:
For Each iExt As String In New String() {".mp3", ".ac3", ".mp2", ".mpa", ".wav"}
to
Quote:
For Each iExt As String In New String() {".mpa", ".wav"}
And commented the If p.Audio1.File

In ApplicationSettings.vb
Quote:
src.Fiters.Add(New AviSynthFilter("Source", "AVISource", "AVISource(%source_files_comma%,audio=false)", "Opens AVI files.", True))
to
Quote:
src.Fiters.Add(New AviSynthFilter("Source", "DirectShow", "DirectShowSource(""%source_file%"")", "Opens All files, that DirectShow can handle.", True))
In Package.vb
Quote:
Public Class Avi2WavPackage
Inherits Package

Public Sub New()
Name = "AviToWav"
Filename = "avi2wavcmd.exe"
Version = "1.0"
Website = "http://agrgic.tripod.com/avi2wav/"
Description = "Used to separe the sound from avi"
DownloadFilename = "avi2wavcmd.exe"
VersionDate = New DateTime(2005, 10, 1)
TreeFolder = "Video Processing"
End Sub

Public Overrides Function IsRequired() As Boolean
For Each i As Preparer In p.Preparers
If i.Name.Contains("Avi2wav") Then
Return True
End If
Next

Return False
End Function
End Class
in Preparer.vb

Quote:
Dim avi2wav As New CommanLinePreparer
avi2wav.Name = "Avi2wav"
avi2wav.Input = New List(Of String)(New String() {"avi"})
avi2wav.VideoOutput = New List(Of String)(New String() {"avi"})
avi2wav.AudioOutput = New List(Of String)(New String() {"wav"})
avi2wav.File = "%application:AviToWav%"
avi2wav.Arguments = "%source_files_blank% %source_dir%%source_name%.wav"
ret.Add(avi2wav)
In Stax rip types.vb

Quote:
Public Shared Avi2Wav As New Avi2WavPackage 'Bruno
AddPackage(Avi2Wav)
Im putting in my tree ,"Templates" to x264 configuration (Fast, normal, best and insane)
Old 16th November 2005, 12:03   #34  |  Link
juskixxx

So far best tool for SD/HD video conversion to xvid/x264 /w mp4 output support.

Great job guys....Thanks alot!

Bratao...yes (sourcename.(mpa/wav/mp2)) autoselect for audio would be nice

And if stax or you could add bits per pixel calculation box like in GK....would be helpful

Yet another request....resize slider for HR encoding ain't enough....1280x*, 960x* is enough....i use 960x544 for 1080p material....

Keep working....and thanks again!
Old 17th November 2005, 14:25   #35  |  Link
FSB-SPY

Is anyone else having audio sync issues?

I am simply using one of the audio profiles within the program (HE-AAC 80 KBit/s), and using crop, deinterlace, IVTC, and finally a bicubic resize filters on the actual video. Since I'm doing an IVTC, I am getting the wanted 23.98fps for my video. However, I noticed that once MP4Box is ran, it was importing the stream at 25.00fps?

Is this the reason for the audio problem?

Here is the info from the log file on the muxing:
Quote:
---------- Muxing ----------

Multiplexer: MP4 - MP4Box
Multiplexer Type: MP4Box Multiplexer
Video Source: E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1_EncoderOutput.264
Audio Source 1: E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 17ms_AudioOutput.mp4
Target File: E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1.mp4
Arguments: -nodrop -add "E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1_EncoderOutput.264#video" -add "E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 17ms_AudioOutput.mp4" -new "E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1.mp4"
I am attaching a picture because the portion in question gets omitted from the log file.

On an un-related note, is my filter combination correct in terms of getting the best quality? I do not know the correct order and figured that this is why my video isn't looking so hot either. My current order as I said was: MPEG2Source, Crop, FieldDeinterlace, Telecine/Decimate, and Resize(Bicubic). Or maybe the order does not matter and it's all about resolution and bitrate?

Thanks!

Last edited by FSB-SPY; 11th March 2006 at 16:39.
Old 17th November 2005, 17:57   #36  |  Link
stax76

@bratao

Thanks, I'll see what can be integrated.

Quote:
And if stax or you could add bits per pixel calculation box like in GK....would be helpful
I hardly can put this in the main dialog because too many stuff in there is scary for the average user, plus there is not enough room. Maybe another solution can be found.

Quote:
Yet another request....resize slider for HR encoding ain't enough....1280x*, 960x* is enough....i use 960x544 for 1080p material....
Thanks, got to work on it.

Quote:
However, I noticed that once MP4Box is ran, it was importing the stream at 25.00fps?
I'm in a PAL country, maybe proper framerate has to be passed to MP4Box, I'll have to work on MP4Box support as well, there were also some feature requests.
Old 21st November 2005, 15:54   #37  |  Link
JoeBG
stupid

Quote:
I'm in a PAL country, maybe proper framerate has to be passed to MP4Box, I'll have to work on MP4Box support as well, there were also some feature requests.
-add "E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1_EncoderOutput.264:rate=23.98

would be the command. without "rate" mp4box imports with 25 as a standart.

@ Stax

Yes, there are some feature requests:
- name
- lang
would be most important - thank you

Joe
------------------------
freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose
Old 21st November 2005, 16:44   #38  |  Link
FSB-SPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBG
-add "E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1_EncoderOutput.264:rate=23.98

would be the command. without "rate" mp4box imports with 25 as a standart.

@ Stax

Yes, there are some feature requests:
- name
- lang
would be most important - thank you
Got it. At first I didn't realize why, but then I did mp4box -h import. The command was "FPS", not "RATE."

Thank you!

Code:
-add "E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1_EncoderOutput.264:FPS=23.98
Old 21st November 2005, 17:11   #39  |  Link
JoeBG
stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSB-SPY
Got it. At first I didn't realize why, but then I did mp4box -h import. The command was "FPS", not "RATE."

Thank you!

Code:
-add "E:\Work\Rip\VTS_03_1_EncoderOutput.264:FPS=23.98
rate was mp4creator, sometimes itīs confusing

Joe
------------------------
freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose
Old 21st November 2005, 17:25   #40  |  Link
FSB-SPY

It was still a bit off, and from the looks of things, I am guessing it's due to the half-second default setting of the "interleaving" command? I could not get it to work, however. Did not know where to add the command "-inter 0" to.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265