Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Hardware players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th October 2003, 23:49   #1  |  Link
xaron

Pioneer DV-717 DVD-R problem

Does anyone of you experinece the following behavoir of Pioneers DV-717 while playing DVD-Rs:

The player works fine for about 40-50 minutes, but after that time the picture get more and more corrupted by artefacts and the sound drops. This thakes about 1 minute and than the player crashes by showing a still pic. No other controls than tray-opening are working.

No mater what kind of DVD-Rs or authoring software I use, this problem happens with every disc (I used VERBATIM, SONY and MAXELL disc and WinOnCD-DVD, Veritas Record Now and ImgTool). There is no specific position on the discs where this behavoir occours, e.g. after reinstering a disc which play the first 40 minutes of a movie the player chrashes after 5 minutes of playing.

The same discs play perfectly on other players and on DVD-ROM drives.

Strangely DVD+Rs, DVR+RW and DVD-RW(!) work fine...

Please donīt tell me: Use only the other three types of disc. I want to know, whatīs happening with my player, since Pioneer DV-717 is listed as player capable playing DVD-R. My DVD-Recorder is a SONY DRU-500A.

Any sugestions are welcome...

thx,
Xaron
xaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2003, 00:52   #2  |  Link
MvB
dings!

I got this pretty player, too. Mine plays everything fine, since i burn with my pioneer burner. Before i had the nec1300a and the Pioneer Player had the same problems with every dvd-r i burned with the nec. But these dvds played fine only in the nec burner.They didn't work in every DVD-ROM Drive, too. So maybe you have a problem with your burner. Since i switched to Pioneer a06 everything works fine.
MvB is offline   Reply With Quote