Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 16th June 2017, 14:15   #3201  |  Link
den78

Hi, Selur.
Just got one question. Why doesn't mediainfo show x265 codec information? Everything is fine with x264.

I've sent you a debug just in case.

Last edited by den78; 16th June 2017 at 14:19.
den78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 15:59   #3202  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Mkv with mkvtoolnix version 11? There was a bug that got fixed in 12.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 16:03   #3203  |  Link
Selur

yup, updating mkvtoolnix should fix it.
Old 16th June 2017, 19:43   #3204  |  Link
den78

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks, guys.
den78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 15:04   #3205  |  Link
cocobanana69

Hi Salur,

First I must say nice work about Hybrid video converter.

I’m still favoring the XviD-style ripping (my favorite ripping app was GordianKnot).

Features I’m missing in Hybrid, please add them:

-auto de-delay for delayed audios
-auto converting DVD/Blu-Ray subtitles (if I choose) to text (for ex. to .srt or .sub)
-GTK3 interface version (for Linux)
-Opening image files (iso,nrg,daa etc)
-Different field alignment (1st Main, 2nd Crop/Resize, 3rd Filtering, 4th Video codec options, 5th Audio encoding options, 6th Chapter, 7th Config, 8th Jobs, 9th Logs)
-Multilanguage translations (I need Serbian Cyrillic and Russian)
-MKV tagging panel, for writing MKV tags like studio, year, director, actors, soundtrack info…
-Compressibility check option before encoding with XviD

-Preview window like in GordianKnot

-Bits/pixel with compressibility test panel (like in GordianKnot) (for XviD encoding)

-Resize & aspect ratio panel (like in GordianKnot) with auto near original aspet-ratio resolutions suggestions

-Credits encoding options allowing multiple setups (for XviD encoding, for example I want to encode 1st setting of credits starting from frame 136377 to 140200 at quant: 20, then from frame 140201 to 140800 regularly as the rip is, then from frame 140801 to 150744 also at quant: 20 and in greyscale)

Features I’m missing in ffmpeg & mencoder (and to be ported to Hybrid):
-lanczos3 & lanczos4
-all avisynth filters missing (should be ported)

Audio feautures I’m missing (I also miss thes for music encoding on Linux):
-fraunhofer-like vbr mp3 encoder or lame without psychoacoustic frequencies cut-off and with high-shelf frequencies cutter (customly set) at 16KHz (I already messaged the fre:ac team for such encoder).

And please post the source code.
Thanks,
cocobanana69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 16:56   #3206  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
auto de-delay for delayed audios
Already possible, inside the Audio-tab you can set the audio delay you want for the current stream before adding it to the audio queue,.. (Audio->Main->Audio Source->A/V delay (ms).

Quote:
auto converting DVD/Blu-Ray subtitles (if I choose) to text (for ex. to .srt or .sub)
Don't know of any decent/stable/reliable and portable way that this could be done cross plattform.
-> won't probably come.
Quote:
GTK3 interface version (for Linux)
unsure about what is missing there, normally Hybrid should work fine under Gnome,..

Quote:
Opening image files (iso,nrg,daa etc)
not going to happen

Quote:
Different field alignment (1st Main, 2nd Crop/Resize, 3rd Filtering, 4th Video codec options, 5th Audio encoding options, 6th Chapter, 7th Config, 8th Jobs, 9th Logs)
won't happen

Quote:
Multilanguage translations (I need Serbian Cyrillic and Russian)
I don't speak either an I lack the time to translate all the texts.
-> probably won't happen unless I win the lottery

Quote:
MKV tagging panel, for writing MKV tags like studio, year, director, actors, soundtrack info…
Already possible: Config->Output->Mkv Tags

Quote:
Compressibility check option before encoding with XviD
I don't believe in compression tests, so that won't happen.

Quote:
Preview window like in GordianKnot
Both the Avisynth and the Vapoursynth Preview windows should be similar.

Quote:
Resize & aspect ratio panel (like in GordianKnot) with auto near original aspet-ratio resolutions suggestions
Don't like the panel and Hybrid already tries to minimize the any aspect error. -> won't change.

Quote:
Credits encoding options allowing multiple setups (for XviD encoding, for example I want to encode 1st setting of credits starting from frame 136377 to 140200 at quant: 20, then from frame 140201 to 140800 regularly as the rip is, then from frame 140801 to 150744 also at quant: 20 and in greyscale)
Aside from gray scale, the normal Xvid->Zones control should already cover that.

Quote:
all avisynth filters missing (should be ported)
Hybrid already supports tons of Avisynth (Filtering->Avisynth) and Vapoursynth (Filtering->Vapoursynth) filters depending of the choice one makes. (tested on Windows and Linux, not on Mac)

Quote:
Audio feautures I’m missing (I also miss thes for music encoding on Linux):
-fraunhofer-like vbr mp3 encoder or lame without psychoacoustic frequencies cut-off and with high-shelf frequencies cutter (customly set) at 16KHz (I already messaged the fre:ac team for such encoder).
Hybrid atm. only supports ffmpeg and lame for mp3 encoding, since I'm not aware of any other free mp3 encoders on Linux. (about the cutoff, if you can tell me the ffmpeg/lame command line I could add support for it)

Cu Selur
Old 20th July 2017, 19:22   #3207  |  Link
von Suppé

In config tab, I always had "Prefer FFmpeg as decoder" checked.

It lately draws my attention that during a recode "ffmpeg_32.exe *32" is taking a lot of CPU and memory resources, having significant effect on the transcoding time. Did something change?

BTW what decoder would Hybrid use if I would uncheck it?

Last edited by von Suppé; 20th July 2017 at 19:25.
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 19:47   #3208  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
what decoder would Hybrid use if I would uncheck it?
Hybrid uses either: ffmpeg or mencoder or avs2yuv or VSPipe depending on the input and what it deems a good choice.

Quote:
Did something change?
Not really. My guess is you now just use some filter which requires a lot of resources.
(Also I updated qtgmc iirc. so that might influence the ram and cpu usage)
Old 21st August 2017, 17:49   #3209  |  Link
HeiLi

Hi, i have been using it for 5-6 weeks hybrid but last 4-5 encode always gives random grey screen like this

How can i fix that?

(Add later debug report)

Last edited by HeiLi; 21st August 2017 at 17:51. Reason: image link
HeiLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 18:01   #3210  |  Link
Havokdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeiLi View Post
Hi, i have been using it for 5-6 weeks hybrid but last 4-5 encode always gives random grey screen like this

How can i fix that?

(Add later debug report)
This happens to me when I try to use the encoders that use the GPU and the original file is 10 bits.
Havokdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 18:09   #3211  |  Link
HeiLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokdan View Post
This happens to me when I try to use the encoders that use the GPU and the original file is 10 bits.
I dont use gpu or 10bits encode x264 but last 3-4 encode like this and sometimes encode bluray to x264 7-8 hours sometimes 48 hours i dont understand
Old 21st August 2017, 19:04   #3212  |  Link
Selur

Looks like a decoding problem of the source without any details the only thing I can say is that using another decoder might help.
In case the source if vc-1 using a gpu based decoder like FRIM (Avisynth only), DGDecNV (Avisynth&Vapoursynth), DGDecIM (Vapoursynth), might help.
If the source isn't vc-1 any other decoder might help.
Old 21st August 2017, 19:38   #3213  |  Link
HeiLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Looks like a decoding problem of the source without any details the only thing I can say is that using another decoder might help.
In case the source if vc-1 using a gpu based decoder like FRIM (Avisynth only), DGDecNV (Avisynth&Vapoursynth), DGDecIM (Vapoursynth), might help.
If the source isn't vc-1 any other decoder might help.
i dont use gpu decoder always use QTGMC, add debug txt but hybrid so slow encode now sometimes faster
Old 21st August 2017, 19:45   #3214  |  Link
Selur

Might also be some ram problem or some problem due to overclocking or heat issues.
I don't need a DebugOutput of the processing. I need a debug output of the file analysis and job creation to know what you are doing.
Old 21st August 2017, 20:07   #3215  |  Link
HeiLi

Quote:
Might also be some ram problem or some problem due to overclocking or heat issues.
I don't need a DebugOutput of the processing. I need a debug output of the file analysis and job creation to know what you are doing.
I have 32 gb ram and xeon e3-1231v3 cpu ?

debug output
Old 22nd August 2017, 04:22   #3216  |  Link
Selur

Encoding call:
Code:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\ffmpeg_32.exe" -y -loglevel fatal -threads 8 -i "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\2\encodingTempSynthSkript_19_58_47_5210.avs" -an -sn  -vsync 0 -pix_fmt yuv420p  -f rawvideo - | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\x264.exe" --preset superfast --pass 1 --bitrate 2048 --profile high --level 4.1 --direct auto --qcomp 0.5 --slices 4 --aq-mode 0 --sar 40:33 --non-deterministic --range tv --stats "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Lethal_Weapon_2_t01_new_19_58_47_5210_06.stats" --demuxer raw --input-depth 8 --input-res 1280x646 --input-csp i420 --fps 24000/1001 --output NUL -
looks fine, Avisynth script:
Code:
SetMemoryMax(1536)
SetMTMode(5,8) # change MT mode
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\LoadDll.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\LSMASHSource.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\dfttest.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\RgTools.dll")
LoadDll("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\fftw3.dll")
# loading source: D:\bd\Lethal_Weapon_2_t01.mkv
#  input luminance scale tv
LWLibavVideoSource("D:\bd\Lethal_Weapon_2_t01.mkv",cache=false,stacked=true,format="YUV420P8",repeat=true)
# current resolution: 1920x1080
SetMTMode(2) # change MT mode
# cropping to 1920x800
Crop(0,140,0,-140)
# current resolution: 1920x800 
# denoising using dfttest
dfttest()
# grain handling
Removegrain()
# scaling
Spline36Resize(1280,646)
distributor()
return
looks fine, no QTGMC used (source is progressive so no deinterlacing needed).
Videosource is VC-1/WVC1. Disable 'Avisynth->Filtering->Misc->LibavVideoSource instead of FFmpegSource', enabled 'Avisynth->Filtering->Misc->Support FRIM' and check the Avisynth script in Hybrid to see if Hybrid uses FRIM and whether that helps with the decoding problem.
Also if you can reproduce the problem with a small sample, it would help if you can share that sample with me so that I can try whether this also happens here.
You can also try, whether enabling 'Avisynth->Filtering->Misc->Force DirectShowSource' helps. Remember to check the Avisynth Preview, it the preview doesn't work or shows those Problems the encoding will too, so no reason to encode then.
Sadly since you don't have any card in your system that could be used for video decoding, that option is useless.
-> If neither FRIM or DirectShowSource helps the problem might be that no available decoder can handle the source. (sadly there is nothing I can do about that)

Cu Selur
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:04   #3217  |  Link
Music Fan

Hi Selur,
I'm gonna be a little bit out of topic but as I see that HeiLi has 32 GB ram, I wonder when it could be useful.
I read several times that more than 8 GB ram was rarely useful.
I still have only 4 GB and its usage is always under 100 %, would I earn speed anyway with 8 GB ? I mean for video encoding and to open 3 or 4 applications at the same time, I don't play games.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2017, 16:53   #3218  |  Link
HeiLi

Quote:
Encoding call:
Code:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\ffmpeg_32.exe" -y -loglevel fatal -threads 8 -i "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\2\encodingTempSynthSkript_19_58_47_5210.avs" -an -sn  -vsync 0 -pix_fmt yuv420p  -f rawvideo - | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\x264.exe" --preset superfast --pass 1 --bitrate 2048 --profile high --level 4.1 --direct auto --qcomp 0.5 --slices 4 --aq-mode 0 --sar 40:33 --non-deterministic --range tv --stats "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\Lethal_Weapon_2_t01_new_19_58_47_5210_06.stats" --demuxer raw --input-depth 8 --input-res 1280x646 --input-csp i420 --fps 24000/1001 --output NUL -
looks fine, Avisynth script:
Code:
SetMemoryMax(1536)
SetMTMode(5,8) # change MT mode
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\LoadDll.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\LSMASHSource.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\dfttest.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\RgTools.dll")
LoadDll("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\AVISYN~1\fftw3.dll")
# loading source: D:\bd\Lethal_Weapon_2_t01.mkv
#  input luminance scale tv
LWLibavVideoSource("D:\bd\Lethal_Weapon_2_t01.mkv",cache=false,stacked=true,format="YUV420P8",repeat=true)
# current resolution: 1920x1080
SetMTMode(2) # change MT mode
# cropping to 1920x800
Crop(0,140,0,-140)
# current resolution: 1920x800 
# denoising using dfttest
dfttest()
# grain handling
Removegrain()
# scaling
Spline36Resize(1280,646)
distributor()
return
looks fine, no QTGMC used (source is progressive so no deinterlacing needed).
Videosource is VC-1/WVC1. Disable 'Avisynth->Filtering->Misc->LibavVideoSource instead of FFmpegSource', enabled 'Avisynth->Filtering->Misc->Support FRIM' and check the Avisynth script in Hybrid to see if Hybrid uses FRIM and whether that helps with the decoding problem.
Also if you can reproduce the problem with a small sample, it would help if you can share that sample with me so that I can try whether this also happens here.
You can also try, whether enabling 'Avisynth->Filtering->Misc->Force DirectShowSource' helps. Remember to check the Avisynth Preview, it the preview doesn't work or shows those Problems the encoding will too, so no reason to encode then.
Sadly since you don't have any card in your system that could be used for video decoding, that option is useless.
-> If neither FRIM or DirectShowSource helps the problem might be that no available decoder can handle the source. (sadly there is nothing I can do about that)

Cu Selur
Check with avisynth preview there is no problem but hybrid sometimes so slow encoding speed (01-03 fps cpu use %99) but when reboot my pc first encode faster (20-30 fps cpu use %99 ) Why?
Old 5th September 2017, 07:03   #3219  |  Link
yensteel

Newbie issue

Getting a hang of the interface. I encountered problems though.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but every time I tried, no matter qaac, fdk or faac the resulting file always contains two audio, the original and the encoded one. The first files of some of my batches sometimes doesn't even have the encoded version just the original. This occurs in different videos, even though they are from different sources.

I chose auto add (all) (auto add first also same issue)

Audio Encoding options checked
merge audio streams checked (because of 6 channels)
yensteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2017, 16:40   #3220  |  Link
Selur

@HeiLi:
Quote:
Check with avisynth preview there is no problem but hybrid sometimes so slow encoding speed (01-03 fps cpu use %99) but when reboot my pc first encode faster (20-30 fps cpu use %99 ) Why?
Wild guess is that one of the dlls used either directly has some problem with your system or another tool is interfering.

@yensteel: Far too few details to say anything. Create a debug output which shows the problem and I can look into it.
@MusicFan: When you don't use the available RAM adding more will not speed up encoding. (using a RAM drive might help a bit)