Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old Today, 04:24   #55441  |  Link
tp4tissue

I guess the Envy will probably be a professional video tool of sorts, rather than consumer playback aimed device.

Hrrrm..
Old Today, 08:47   #55442  |  Link
RXP

You can always use a HTPC - for me the attraction is ease of use. I can use a Shield and plug it into the Envy and it'll just work. No freakin driver issues, worrying about passthrough working, windows updates etc. Just look at this thread when I mentioned the HDR passthrough was broken in recent Nvidia drivers. 3D lut will also attract projector users and those not wanting for fork out for software licenses for the 2019 auto-cal OLEDs

It'll also work with things like Netflix. I think I consume more than 50% of my HDR material on Netflix now which MadVR can't touch. You can get the 1080p Web-DL's sure, but not the 4k stuff.

Last edited by RXP; Today at 08:50.
RXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:41   #55443  |  Link
Sunset1982

guys, lets start a seperate madvr/LG OLED thread. I'm a madvr and LG C8 Oled user too and I'm very interested in the quality differences between pc mode and others modes...

Here it is:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...58#post1869558

Last edited by Sunset1982; Today at 09:45.
Sunset1982 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling