Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 16th March 2008, 22:46   #3861  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

eac3to v2.31 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* DTSWAV input support added
* fixed bitstream delaying of 96khz DTS tracks
* improved DTS runtime calculation
* fixed DTS audio gap/overlap correction for strange DTS formats
* fixed E-AC3 audio gap/overlap correction for strange bitrates
* fixed incorrect MKV "default duration" when using "-24p" or "-30p"
* fixed incorrect MKV "default duration" when using "-slowdown" or "-speedup"
* improved support for "open bitrate" DTS files
* slightly improved automatic (E-)AC3 delaying exactness

Last edited by madshi; 16th March 2008 at 22:56.
Old 16th March 2008, 23:15   #3862  |  Link
nautilus7

Nice. Thank you once again madshi.
Old 16th March 2008, 23:32   #3863  |  Link
BlackJack1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Yes. Make sure you don't use -sonic for dd+ and you 'll be fine.

Almost all of the questions you ask have been answered in the 1st post. Reading it, will be a great benefit for you.
So now I've got this rip and I found a few files but only with m2ts extension. First two are very big: 00000.m2ts and 00001.m2ts. What command line must I use to extract DTS HD MA sound inside converting it to dts core?

I found nothing about it in first post and other posts inside this thread...

Thx in advance once again for help.

Last edited by BlackJack1; 17th March 2008 at 00:04.
Old 17th March 2008, 02:05   #3864  |  Link
BLKMGK

Heh, BluRay my arch nemesis makes m2ts files. Yah, I'd like to rip audio from those as well. Xport is what I was directed to but let's just say it's a bit more obtuse than eac3to to use. If eac3to can pull those tracks out or heck any track I'll be thrilled too!
Old 17th March 2008, 02:57   #3865  |  Link
Yraen

You can use either xport or h264tsto to demux BD. H264tsto is more user friendly than xport.
Old 17th March 2008, 03:18   #3866  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

thanks!
Old 17th March 2008, 09:10   #3867  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
You can use either xport or h264tsto to demux BD.
That's correct. Be warned about demuxing LPCM audio with h264tsto, though. It works well, but I'm not sure how the channels are mapped. Haven't checked that yet. Also when demuxing DTS-HD with h264tsto, you'll only get the core...
Old 17th March 2008, 12:54   #3868  |  Link
BlackJack1

I just read h264tsto thread but what can I do with two big files inside my BD Kingdom of Heaven rip: 00000.m2ts and 00001.m2ts. I can't demux it at the same time so what about sound?
string: "h264tsto 00000.m2ts+00001.m2ts -audioonly" doesn't work...
How to put together audio from part1 and part2?

Last edited by BlackJack1; 17th March 2008 at 12:57.
Old 17th March 2008, 13:29   #3869  |  Link
Beastie Boy

Try joining the 2 m2ts files with tssplitter prior to demuxing.
Let me know if this works as I may have to do it myself soon

Cheers, Beastie.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:39   #3870  |  Link
Village Guy

Can some kind soul point me in the right direction to resolving a frame smoothness issue.

I'm trying to backup Superman to enable me to store the disk on my HTPC rather than having to load the player.

I have used EAC3TO demux and convert the EVO True audio to DTS and then merged the extracted Audio & VC1 Video streams. I have copied my batch files below for clarification. The problem is that the merged mks container files does not reproduce video smoothly on my 24 frames per second progressive display monitor. I have tried adding the -24p flag without effect and have also tried AC3 instead of DTS without effect and am now running out of ideas. My processor has plenty of margin and the video card is an Nvidia 7600GT which should be more than capable. I can play files from other sources without any problem, it seems that just the files I build have issues. Have I missed an important procedure?

Needless to say the original disk plays perfectly smooth!

eac3to e:dev\source\Master_1.EVO 1: E:\dev\source\video.mkv 3: E:dev\source\audio.dts -libav -24

"mkvmerge" -o "E:\Dev\Source\Video Merged.mkv" --language 1:eng --display-dimensions 1:1920x1080 -d 1 -A -S E:\Dev\Source\video.mkv -a 0 -D -S E:\Dev\Source\audio.dts --track-order 0:1,1:0

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question.
Old 17th March 2008, 16:22   #3871  |  Link
watson2316

Hi,

I just have a short question, I'm sure it has already been answered 54932 times, but I couldn't find anything: I have got a HDDVD with some DD+ 448 kbit/s audiotracks. So when I convert one of those tracks I usually use the option "-448". Since the default is "-640" it would otherwhise be converted to 640 kbit/s AC3...

So my question is now: Is there any sound improvement when I encode those tracks with 640 kbit/s or should a stay with the "-448" option?
Old 17th March 2008, 20:35   #3872  |  Link
act.anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
This looks like a bad rip to me. Can you please rerip the disc and try again?
Tried reripping before (with latest AnyDVD), same problem. Also, I tried remuxing with gdsmux and got a strange file with 500+ reported streams. Could it be that the framerate and/or resolution are changing in the middle of the evo?

Anyway, thanks for giving it a look.
Old 17th March 2008, 20:37   #3873  |  Link
act.anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson2316 View Post
Hi,

I just have a short question, I'm sure it has already been answered 54932 times, but I couldn't find anything: I have got a HDDVD with some DD+ 448 kbit/s audiotracks. So when I convert one of those tracks I usually use the option "-448". Since the default is "-640" it would otherwhise be converted to 640 kbit/s AC3...

So my question is now: Is there any sound improvement when I encode those tracks with 640 kbit/s or should a stay with the "-448" option?
As transcoding E-AC3 back down to AC3 is a lossy process, you would not want to use the -448 option. Instead, let it encode at 640kbit/s for best sound quality.
Old 17th March 2008, 23:07   #3874  |  Link
watson2316

Ok, thanks. I always thought encoding a 448kbps source with 640kbps is a waste discspace... it seems I was wrong.
Old 17th March 2008, 23:13   #3875  |  Link
MarkGrigsby

First of all, thanks so much to madshi for this amazing tool. Not only does he provide the only way for me to get proper 'HD' audio from my HTPC, but the way in which the progam is constantly improved is so impressive - and all for free. Brilliant!

I've been using this for a while for some Blu-rays, in the following way:

1. Demux required streams using xport
2. Convert HD audio to FLAC using eac3to
3. Remux using MKVMerge

I now notice that eac3to can create the MKV files, and seems some people prefer to first use eac3to to create the video MKV, before muxing in the audio with MKVmerrge. However, can someone please tell me the benefits to this versus my method? I'm sure it must be worthwhile else people wouldn't bother, so I know I'm missing something!!
Old 18th March 2008, 00:54   #3876  |  Link
BLKMGK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack1 View Post
I just read h264tsto thread but what can I do with two big files inside my BD Kingdom of Heaven rip: 00000.m2ts and 00001.m2ts. I can't demux it at the same time so what about sound?
string: "h264tsto 00000.m2ts+00001.m2ts -audioonly" doesn't work...
How to put together audio from part1 and part2?
Check out this thread for some help on BD.

MarkGrigsby - eac3to can create the MKV files doing HD-DVD but when doing BD I do pretty much the same thing you are with the exception that I compress using meGUI with x264. With file sizes through the roof with BD there's no way I'm blowing 40Gigs a movie on it. Takes forever to compress on a fast machine, XVID is way faster but I've yet to compare picture quality on that. I do not think that eac3to will create the MKV for BD, correct Madshi?

Anyway, xport gives me the audio track that I run through eac3to. Madhsi says he is going to tackle BD too - I can hardly wait as his tool is a must for HD-DVD, xport is far less friendly IMO.
Old 18th March 2008, 02:14   #3877  |  Link
MrMugatu

if i convert my dts-hd track to wav will eac3 automatically remap the channels tp lpcm or do I have to check one of the boxes in eac3 gui
Old 18th March 2008, 05:04   #3878  |  Link
shanghai2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by act.anon View Post
Tried reripping before (with latest AnyDVD), same problem. Also, I tried remuxing with gdsmux and got a strange file with 500+ reported streams. Could it be that the framerate and/or resolution are changing in the middle of the evo?

Anyway, thanks for giving it a look.
I noticed AnyDVD HD below version 6316 seems to cause some HD rips to get corrupted. I saw this on HD-DVD rips (I don't have Blueray). You can try DVD Fab HD decrypter if the title is released more then 6 months ago.

Update: Seems Slysoft fixed this issue from version 6400 on.

Last edited by shanghai2004; 22nd March 2008 at 13:04. Reason: Updated info & software from Slysoft
Old 18th March 2008, 08:42   #3879  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by act.anon View Post
It shouldn't. But even if it did, it would not explain the eac3to error messages. It seems to me that either the rip is bad or that the disc is simply incorrectly authored. How did you rip? Did you use the AnyDVD HD ripping tool? Or did you simply copy the files via explorer (or with another file manager)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMugatu View Post
if i convert my dts-hd track to wav will eac3 automatically remap the channels tp lpcm or do I have to check one of the boxes in eac3 gui
eac3to will automatically remap the channels correctly.
Old 18th March 2008, 08:43   #3880  |  Link
Denner

Hi, some newbie questions, hope you can help

I have a Dolby True HD audio stream (from a Blu-ray), demuxed with TsRemux (v0.20), and I have recodet it to Flac using eac3to, but normally when I encode to Flac, the file ends up as 24bit ( when encoding directly from EVO file, HD-DVD ), but the Dolby True HD file (from Blu-ray) ends up as a 16bit Flac file, why is that ?

And another question, is there a program (I dont see the option in eac3to) for detecting the audio delay in Dolby True HD / DD+ streams ?

And a final question, I cant get eac3to to remux Vc1 (demuxed from Blu-ray with TsRemux) in to MKV, I use the following command line (Eac3to.exe “e:\bits0001.mpv” “e:\output.mkv” –dontRewritePts -stripPulldown) but nothing happens, what am I doing wrong ?

The reason I use eac3to to mux the Vc1 for Blu-ray is that I can not get MKVmerge to do it, and I was hoping to get eac3to to do it, because it is my favorit tool, at the moment
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to