Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 20th July 2015, 05:46   #1  |  Link
revolucaojava

How to add an audio track keeping pop up menu functionalities

Hi, everyone.

Sorry for my bad English.

Does anyone know how to add an audio track in a Disney Blu-ray keeping the menus? (not talking about replacing, for god's sake)

I know how to use bdedit and I've already edited some blu-rays titles. But now I want to add an audio track and I just can't! I've tried several times and no sucess!

Of course, I edited the mpls correctly, after remuxing the original m2ts, and so on...

The menus loads, I play the main movie, everything works. The problem appears when I change the audio stream. When the added stream is selected, the pop up menu stops. When movie finishes, the main menus never loads again. Everything crashes!

I think it's something controlled by java, but I'm not sure.

Any idea?

Thanks for any help.
revolucaojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 00:14   #2  |  Link
rik1138

It _could_ be the result of bad programming... Menus are sometimes programmed to do things based on currently selected audio (usually the default highlighted button in the audio menu, but it could be other things). They will program the menus to read the audio stream, and then:
If audio = 1, do this
If audio = 2, do this
If audio = 3, do this.

And that's all they put. There isn't a programmed condition for when audio is not 1, 2 or 3, and the code crashes. They don't expect it to ever _be_ 4 of course, since there isn't a forth track, so it works fine on the disc, but it's still a poor programming technique. And since you added a 4th track, it causes a problem. There should always be a final option, not based on a condition. You never know when a player might freak out and send an invalid value...

Can't say for sure that's the issue, but if it works perfectly until you have the new stream selected, that would be my guess.

Try removing one stream (assuming there's more than one to begin with) and adding the one you want, and see if it all works (although the menu options will be wrong on the audio page). If there's an audio stream you don't want, it might be better just to replace it to prevent the menus from crashing.

There might also be a file in the JAR folder that lists the valid audio streams for the programming to search for. Search through those, if you can tell the code there's an additional audio stream, it might at least prevent the menus from crashing.
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 10:02   #3  |  Link
revolucaojava

Hey, Rik1138.

Unfortunately, there is no file inside the jar folder listing the audio streams. There are only jar files. When unzipped, lots of class files.

Do you know if there is a class file where is commom to find these options? I mean, the name of a class file where is usual to find those parameters. Do you know?
revolucaojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2015, 01:19   #4  |  Link
rik1138

No, not anything that would be easy... If there's no text files outside of the JARs (look in all the folders), then they may have it hard-coded in the Javascript.

Looking at a random Disney title, I don't see any easy way of modifying that...
In the 00000 jar, there's a folder called 'scripts', and then one called 'su' (Setup), in there is 'audio' with two class files. That's where I'd look first. Class files have to be converted and decompiled, and then you get undocumented code, so it's not easy. Then you have to deal with signing the JAR after you rebuild it...

JAR hacking is usually more trouble than it's worth. Some studios make it easy with text files outside of the JAR files, but Disney doesn't seem to be one of those.
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add audio bluray menu, audio stream, java blu ray authoring