Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2007, 18:39   #1241  |  Link
spstax

Hi
I'd like to have some information about the capabilities of megui to directly convert a .dv (sony) into a .mkv(using of course the x264 codec and if possible a good aac audio compression).

I have already consulted the pages dedicated to the .dv ripping but I have not found the answers to my questions.
I really want to use Megui because it is the most powerful and comprehensive ripping program I know and because it uses the x264 codec which is for me the best video codec.

I know how to rip DVDs and re-encode videos but I have not found how to do so with a DV file. I have failed to find a solution with google that is why I ask it in this post.

The program refuses to process the .dv from the first step, when creating a avisynth script.

When I select the video input, the following message appears :

DIRECT SHOW ERROR
Unable to render the file.
You probably don't have the correct filters installed

My problem seems to be that this .dv is not readable by directshow, so avisynth cannot open it, and I should try to find a filter reading the .dv
I can't read these files with media player classic which uses the directshow filters (I have installed the K lite mega codec pack), although I can read them with VLC that uses built in filters.
so maybe could I find the proper filter in VLC and import it in Avisynth??

I have already tried to search for such a filter all over the internet but I have found nothing. All that I know is that the .dv video is coming from a sony handy cam.

To conclude:
- is the finding of a .dv directshow filter the proper solution, and if yes do such a filter exist or not?

Thanks answers of your answers
Old 15th May 2007, 14:52   #1242  |  Link
Dr.Khron

Trying to find and download individual codecs is a fools errand. IMHO, FFDShow is the only way to go. If you already have a recent version of FFDShow installed, you might already have what you need installed.

Also IMHO, the CCCP Codec pack is far superior to KLite.

My recomendation is to completely uninstall all codecs, codec packs, filters and spliters, and do a clean install of CCCP with Media Player Classic. This is now my standard recomendation for EVERYONE, even friends and family of limited technical knowledge.

This might fix your problem right away, or you might have to configure FFDShow. Either way, you correctly diagnosed your problem: you need a DV decoder.
Old 16th May 2007, 04:33   #1243  |  Link
killerhex

i cant update to the latest core of megui in the update windows it doesnt appear
Old 16th May 2007, 05:45   #1244  |  Link
berrinam

Make sure that you are using the default servers, not check's auto2 one. That is no longer available.

Last edited by berrinam; 16th May 2007 at 09:07.
Old 16th May 2007, 07:40   #1245  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

My entire server's DNS was updated late last night, It won't be back until the nameservers propogate through the interwebs to your ISPs' DNS server and it rerequests records.
Old 18th May 2007, 07:34   #1246  |  Link
OverlordQ

MeGUI wont check past the first successful hit, and in mine the first in the list is:

http://megui.org/auto/stable/

which hasn't been updated since 27-Mar-2007

So either take the stable off or wait for another stable release.
Old 18th May 2007, 17:58   #1247  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

If you change the top dropdown from stable to development, it'll use the others. (Admittedly I didn't realize it would happen until I played with it a bit.)
Old 28th May 2007, 00:42   #1248  |  Link
edekba

VobSubber

Hey guys, I've been wondering how do I get the vobsubber to work? I run the vob file through it and it gives me a .vobsub file. What do i do to this, so i can mux it into a mkv w/the audio and video?

I looked at using DVDsubEdit & SubRip using .sup files but mkvmerge doesnt seem to recongize .sup files.

thanks!

Last edited by edekba; 28th May 2007 at 00:58.
Old 28th May 2007, 04:20   #1249  |  Link
Pingachevsky

I'm at my wits end with this updating business...I got the latest build, I try to update it, and these 13 files never get updated correctly...

I note that they seem to be avisynth plugins...but when I actually was able to get megui working last (months ago) you didn't need to install avisynth seperately so unless something has changed I can't rightly figure out what I'm doing wrong...I tried updating the core manually and put "upgrade.xml" in the megui directory but nothing helps at all. Help please?
Old 28th May 2007, 06:07   #1250  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

you always need avisynth installed It's basically a useless program without avisynth.
Old 28th May 2007, 07:40   #1251  |  Link
Pingachevsky

That's very odd...something must have been automated somewhere along the line which has since been un-automated that I wasn't aware of. Thanks.
Old 29th May 2007, 13:14   #1252  |  Link
solx

Hi guys !

I'm trying to encode a .ts into .mkv, but for the first time I have a problem.
DGIndex tell me: "No video sequence header found. No data. Check your PIDs."

What's wrong ?
Old 31st May 2007, 12:22   #1253  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

It occurs when your ts contains MPEG-4 AVC stream instead of MPEG-2! DGIndex supports only MPEG-2!!!!!
Old 8th June 2007, 09:41   #1254  |  Link
Knuffi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuffi View Post
In earlier versions there was a little checkbox on the queue page managing the behavior of MEGUI after encoding. This was removed and the "settings" got one feature more.
Is it possible to bring back that little checkbox or perhaps radio-boxes on the queue-page? I often change the after-encoding-behavior and nearly as often I forget to set it back to "do nothing". Therefore my pc shuts down sometimes after encoding while I on the contrary want to work on it ...
I just wanted to bring this little feature back to discussion - with a little addition:

How about giving a default value for the behavior in the settings dialog and a "only once"-behavior in a radio box on the queue page?

Example: I put the default behavior on the settings page to "do nothing" and work with it. If I want to convert a movie at night, I can set the "only once"-radio box on the queue page to "shutdown". After the encoding, the computer shuts down and the next time I start MeGUI, it is set back to "do nothing".

That would IMHO be a great feature!

Anyone else seconding that?
Old 10th June 2007, 19:09   #1255  |  Link
superuser

I am getting this error

Quote:
Channels=5, BitsPerSample=16, SampleRate=48000Hz
C:\Program Files\megui\tools\ndaac\neroAacEnc_SSE2.exe -ignorelength -lc -br 256000 -if - -of "I:\Mashaal\Mashaal T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp4"Error:
System.IO.IOException: The pipe has been ended.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at MeGUI.AviSynthAudioEncoder.encode()*************************************************************
* Nero Digital Audio Reference MPEG-4 & 3GPP Audio Encoder *
* Copyright (C) 2006 Nero AG *
* All Rights Reserved Worldwide *
* Package build date: Feb 12 2007 *
* See -help for a complete list of available parameters. *

ERROR: could not open AAC encoder

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The current job contains errors. Skipping chained jobs
can pls some one help me what I may be doing wrong in here.

thnxs in advance.
Old 11th June 2007, 01:43   #1256  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

try using the non SSE2 version of the encoder, it looks like the nero encoder is having problems.
Old 11th June 2007, 02:30   #1257  |  Link
superuser

^ thnxs.

problem looks like to have resolved as of now. It was related to settings or something I may have messed up somewhere previously. Did again afresh and it seems to have started working now.
Old 16th June 2007, 17:16   #1258  |  Link
paranoid87

i had a similar issue like superuser..but its solbved now..
Old 18th June 2007, 22:26   #1259  |  Link
shevegen

I got a question...
How many people develop or help develop (in the sense that they contribute code) to the project?
Old 2nd July 2007, 19:19   #1260  |  Link
r0sWell

framecount

hello,

i have a problem using megui :

i'm not sure it's related to megui (maybe filters, you tell me) but on certains HDDVDs i don't have the end of the movie after the encode.

here's what i use :
. evodemux to rip the HDVD on my hard drive.
. graphedit (file source async, sonic hd demuxer, sonic videodecoder 4.2)
. avisynth (DirectShowSource("file.GRF",audio=false,fps=23.976,seekzero=false,seek=true).trim(0,166245)
ConvertToYV12()
spline36Resize(1920,800))
. megui (avs loaded in, with manual correction of the framecount because it showed ~145000 instead of 166245)

i had this problem on 2 HDDVDs, but it was correct for 3 others.

thx in advance guys,