Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 18th February 2010, 12:06   #621  |  Link
Fadeout

Well, my copy already stopped functioning.

I have replaced an old drive, definitely not the two SATA drives that come first and that I use for everything. Now DiAVC doesn't work and it is showing me a different code.
Fadeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 16:14   #622  |  Link
schweinsz

DiAVC 1.0.1 is released.
DiAVC 1.0.1 is released.
Get rid of the dependency on MFC.
Improved registration (less dependency on hardware features).
Improved compatibility with hardwares and windows.

The hardware serial number is read for only one time when it is firstly run.
The restriction on hardware is loosed greatly. If you have registered the software, it will work ok when hardware is changed unless you re-install your windows. If it is, e-mail to me for a new password using the e-mail you pay.
schweinsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 16:27   #623  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadeout View Post
Well, my copy already stopped functioning.

I have replaced an old drive, definitely not the two SATA drives that come first and that I use for everything. Now DiAVC doesn't work and it is showing me a different code.
I have sent the new password to you. The old version 1.0.0 uses the DeviceIOcontrol to read serial number of "physicsdrive0", perhaps it is due to your winxp set the "physicsdrive0" with your new harddisk.
Use the DiAVC version 1.0.1, it is un-sensitive to the hardware changes.
Old 19th February 2010, 16:32   #624  |  Link
Fr4nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsz View Post
No, I have no plan to use CUDA or ati's STREAM for offloading the cpu decoding, but I have a big plan to use the CUDA or ati's STREAM to post-process the frames, including super-resolution, sharpen, denoise, etc. I plan to code a video renderer to do this. I am learning the cuda.
Why not OpenCL? It is a new standard, it is cross-platform, API is similar to CUDA and gives you nice performance with current drivers on both Nvidias and ATIs...
Fr4nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 16:34   #625  |  Link
hajj_3

You'd be better off removing any restrictions and just have a serial number as crackers will likely crack it within a few days so you are just harming your legit customers who are paying you by adding such things. You could blacklist serials that appear at more than 2 ip's as most people would only use software in their own home or at work, i think this would be much more effective than any hardware id based protection.

Hope to see more added functionality in 1.0.2

lets hope that bob0r buys the sourcecode and makes it an opensource project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr4nz View Post
Why not OpenCL? It is a new standard, it is cross-platform, API is similar to CUDA and gives you nice performance with current drivers on both Nvidias and ATIs...
isn't CUDA better at performing than OpenCL? I'd just add CUDA for the time being, STREAM is very new, i'd wait for it to mature imo before adding that. People buy nvidia cards for CUDA acceleration, ati people don't buy cards for acceleration as CUDA has been around for a long time.

Last edited by hajj_3; 19th February 2010 at 16:37.
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 16:40   #626  |  Link
Fr4nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
isn't CUDA better at performing than OpenCL? I'd just add CUDA for the time being, STREAM is very new, i'd wait for it to mature imo before adding that. People buy nvidia cards for CUDA acceleration, ati people don't buy cards for acceleration as CUDA has been around for a long time.
At the moment *maybe* CUDA is slightly better than OpenCL, but this has to do with driver issues/bugs and the fact that OpenCL is a rather new standard, not because OpenCL is "inferior" to CUDA. Moreover, I repeat that OpenCL API is very similar to CUDA API...

Therefore, I don't think that CUDA is a wise choice for the future...

Last edited by Fr4nz; 19th February 2010 at 16:42.
Fr4nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 16:50   #627  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
You'd be better off removing any restrictions and just have a serial number as crackers will likely crack it within a few days so you are just harming your legit customers who are paying you by adding such things. You could blacklist serials that appear at more than 2 ip's as most people would only use software in their own home or at work, i think this would be much more effective than any hardware id based protection.

Hope to see more added functionality in 1.0.2

lets hope that bob0r buys the sourcecode and makes it an opensource project

I invented some new software protection method so I used it to make it hard to crack my software. the current restriction is very loose so that only re-installation windows with modified-hardware need new password. The DiAVC has no access to internet so I can't blacklist cracked serial number. If I delete the code computing registercode using hardware feature, it will be cracked in one second.

The 1.0.2 will include the improved CAVLC.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:12   #628  |  Link
Disabled

If you don't trust me, I don't trust you. Simple as that.
Disabled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 17:17   #629  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disabled View Post
If you don't trust me, I don't trust you. Simple as that.
But if there is one who open the serial number, all people will get it. I can't take the risk.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:25   #630  |  Link
Disabled

Thats your decision. CoreCodec does take that risk. You can ban released serials with future updates you know - and it seems to me you have big plans.
*edit* And I wonder what makes you think you are better at protecting your software than every single other company in the world*). Your software won't be cracked in the short term, because there is no interest yet. But once there are enough people who want it illegally, there will be a way.

*edit2* *) Not that I think you are not skilled or something like that, but the statistics speak against you.

Last edited by Disabled; 19th February 2010 at 17:28.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:33   #631  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Thats your decision. CoreCodec does take that risk. You can ban released serials with future updates you know - and it seems to me you have big plans.
All updates is free for DiAVC customers. In my plan, if the registercode is not changed, the password will be same all along. And I believe the computation of register code will not be changed in future, this means if the hardware is not changed, the register code will no be changed. If there is a valid register code, the DiAVC 1.0.1 will always use it rather than compute a new one using the current hardware configuration. I have no plan to change the procedure.
I DO have big plan on development. I have invented some great ideas to accelerate the video playback and process video. I will inplement it in future.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:34   #632  |  Link
Astrophizz

I think schweinsz is making the right decision. He's dealing with the reality of the market, not some idealized world where all users can be entrusted with a string of characters and be expected not to leak it. Schweinz isn't every single other company in the world, he's a one person operation trying to get his foot in the door. CoreCodec bans serials but I don't think that has done anything to stop to stop people from pirating it at all. Of course they operate on a much larger scale and have corporate partners so they're less at risk from it.

Last edited by Astrophizz; 19th February 2010 at 17:41.
Astrophizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 17:38   #633  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
*edit* And I wonder what makes you think you are better at protecting your software than every single other company in the world*). Your software won't be cracked in the short term, because there is no interest yet. But once there are enough people who want it illegally, there will be a way.

*edit2* *) Not that I think you are not skilled or something like that, but the statistics speak against you.
I believe so, if crackers code some drives to cheat the pure ring3 program DiAVC, but that will give you risk on your system.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:47   #634  |  Link
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophizz View Post
He's dealing with the reality of the market
The reality of the market is that every software that gains a specific level of interest is available illegal on the internet.
Its not like the activation scheme CoreCodec once implemented stopped people from pirating it. I don't know why they stopped using the activation, if there were to many customers complaining, or if thought its pointless since it was cracked anyway, but its gone for good.
Quote:
I believe so, if crackers code some drives to cheat the pure ring3 program DiAVC, but that will give you risk on your system.
Or they manage to rip the serial generation code from the filter or they patch the code to not even ask or they find a hole you didn't think of...
Old 19th February 2010, 17:53   #635  |  Link
hajj_3

is the installer .msi file a trial? I wouldn't mind trying it, wanna see if i can play 4000 bitrate 720p x264 .mkv on my sisters single core 1.78ghz celeron laptop. 3000 JUST plays with coreavc, it uses 100% cpu tho. 4000 has audio sync problems and glitches every few secs, hoping this might be able to play them smoothly.

P.S is the .ax file on your website the codec for us to select in MPC-HC? If so what does the .msi installer do?

you should improve your website too, the text on the left side is tiny and the links at the top are hard to read in their current colour, font and font size.

Last edited by hajj_3; 19th February 2010 at 17:58.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:07   #636  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
is the installer .msi file a trial? I wouldn't mind trying it, wanna see if i can play 4000 bitrate 720p x264 .mkv on my sisters single core 1.78ghz celeron laptop. 3000 JUST plays with coreavc, it uses 100% cpu tho. 4000 has audio sync problems and glitches every few secs, hoping this might be able to play them smoothly.
It is not a trial, it is a normal version. The DiAVC is faster than coreavc on almost all cpu by about 10%-25% in favor to new cpu for example, core 2 duo. The DiAVC has a more efficient cabac module so it is faster for high-bitrate contents. If your contents is cavlc, you can wait for DiAVC 1.0.2. I can't guarantee your problem IMHO.

Quote:
P.S is the .ax file on your website the codec for us to select in MPC-HC? If so what does the .msi installer do?
Yes.
The msi install the .ax and the DiAVC registration.exe to a same folder. The DiAVC registration.exe can register the diavc.ax and read the register code and input the password. In my opinion, the .msi is prefered.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:08   #637  |  Link
schweinsz

Quote:
Or they manage to rip the serial generation code
There is no such code in the filter to generate a password from a register code.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:34   #638  |  Link
hajj_3

so i can't download a trial from anywhere? As there's no chance i'd buy something i can't try. She has an intel celeron m 430 1.73ghz cpu and 2gb ddr2 ram running win 7 32bit ultimate.

cpu: http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27150
Old 19th February 2010, 18:43   #639  |  Link
rack04

I ask that all those complaining about schweinsz's business model please post what business you're in so I can complain about how you run it.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 21:20   #640  |  Link
Fadeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsz View Post
The old version 1.0.0 uses the DeviceIOcontrol to read serial number of "physicsdrive0", perhaps it is due to your winxp set the "physicsdrive0" with your new harddisk.
Maybe it was because the drive I removed was an IDE, while the disks I normally use are SATA.
Fadeout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avc, diavc, fastest decoder, h.264, software