Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 4th May 2002, 22:15   #1  |  Link
RadicalEd

Inable to mux subs in Oggmux

First off, so far I have seen no threads adressing the issue I'm having.

No matter what I simply cannot mux subtitles into an ogm file. I've tested and checked everything and I've traced the problem to either my SubTitDS filters or Oggmux. The srt files are fine, my system is fine (so I hope..) using WinXP, and the remaining two links in the chain are the filters and the muxxer. The subtitle filter seems to function, its there every time I play a movie, its just that I can never get subtitles to show. Oggmux never gives me a problem, but when I go to play in Mediaplayer 6.4 and BSplayer there are simply no subs. Chapters, different audio tracks, but no subs. Upon analyzing in graphedit, there is no subtitle file connecting to the sub filter. I'm using the latest version of both the filters and oggmux. If anyone else is having this problem, or if anyone can offer advice or a solution, please do. As much as it isnt really my style to be asking for help instead of finding the answer myself, I've tried every means I can think of and exhausted my options. So, many thankees in advance to those with higher knowledge than I.
RadicalEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2002, 22:53   #2  |  Link
Sven Bent

there IS a thread about this..i wrote it.
so here is what I did to make it work

use wmp 6.4
go into the properties of the codec and set it to a font type you have (the default choice is NOT a default font in windows..crappy choice)

press play in the menu bar of WMP 6.4and select language.
heres you can choosefrom the roll down menu you can chose langua and then the subtiels you wish to se

wait for abput af couple of sec's and it should show up
Sven Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2002, 01:53   #3  |  Link
outlyer

I have the same problem (and yes, RadicalEd, there's ANOTHER thread open by me about it :P ), Seven's solution doesn't work for me, or maybe I didn't understand it, who knows.
outlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2002, 07:13   #4  |  Link
soujir0u

Hmm, you might want to try this:

When you play it with WMP, go to the ogg muxer properties, check the box titled "always enable all streams", then exit WMP and open the file again...
soujir0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2002, 14:15   #5  |  Link
tenebrenz

Hello, I too have this problem and have searched this forum but haven't found something that works for me properly. The subs seems to mux properly (I get no error) but the resulting file doesn't have any to select from (audio languages and chapters are fine.)
That said I have managed to create one .ogm (somehow) where I can select English subs but I put 8 sub streams in and the others seem to have vanished. As in all my other movies the subs aren't even selectable I believe that the problem must be in the muxing stage.
This is all making my hard drive fill up with stuff that I can't burn yet, I keep checking tobias' and koepi's page for updates that'll hopefully solve this.
Old 5th May 2002, 19:02   #6  |  Link
RadicalEd

Ah okay sorry I hadnt seen any threads about this that werent coming from people with win98. Anyway I have a lot of interesting things to tell;

First off, changing font is a no go as is enable all streams (which by the way does some pretty funky things including causing the video to sit and refuse to play).

Anyway still no solution but I did find a cool little bug, I was playing an ogm containing XviD with the ffdshow filter in media player 6.4 and I wanted to restart the video (to see if sven's changes worked) so I clicked open and re-opened the same file while it was still playing, and it caused the video to get all psycho-screwed up, it was pretty cool. The more you re-open, the more screwed it gets. Neat huh? I just checked and this only happens with ffdshow. Okay, well if I cant reply for awhile its because my internet connection is clipped for a few days (i manage to get through every now and then though)
Old 6th May 2002, 08:29   #7  |  Link
Sven Bent

Quote:
Originally posted by RadicalEd

First off, changing font is a no go as is enable all streams (which by the way does some pretty funky things including causing the video to sit and refuse to play).
funno.. i use comic instead of the default arial "something". i have also use Arial (not arial "something"
and that works wonderfull both in windows and fullscreen

just togive osme more info

Im' using
Windows XP
ogg DSF
ogg subs DSF
ffdshow DSF

installed in top->down order

i had no subs output like you but just chnaging the font helped med

maybe this is an win98 bug/incompatability ?

Last edited by Sven Bent; 6th May 2002 at 08:31.
Sven Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2002, 09:31   #8  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

Quote:
Originally posted by RadicalEd

Anyway still no solution but I did find a cool little bug, I was playing an ogm containing XviD with the ffdshow filter in media player 6.4 and I wanted to restart the video (to see if sven's changes worked) so I clicked open and re-opened the same file while it was still playing, and it caused the video to get all psycho-screwed up, it was pretty cool. The more you re-open, the more screwed it gets. Neat huh? I just checked and this only happens with ffdshow. Okay, well if I cant reply for awhile its because my internet connection is clipped for a few days (i manage to get through every now and then though)
Heh, I think someone already posted this bug somewhere else, strikes me as somthing I might remember

Anyways, have you ever tried muxing the OGG in Graphedit? And other way around, (i didnt quite get what you said about graphedit) try rendering the ogm with graphedit. Does the OGGsplitter show a pin for the subs? What happens if you activate the 'all streams' option in graphedit? (you might have to dis-/reconnect the file source for that)

Regards
Belgabor
Belgabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2002, 20:48   #9  |  Link
RadicalEd

Heh.. I wanted to try muxing in graphedit to prove that the muxing was the problem, but Doom's guide switched over to oggmux a long time ago and I never had the chance to get extremely familiar with muxing ogms in graphedit ^^'. Anyway, I have rendered it already though and there is no subtitle pin on the ogg splitter, and nothing is connected to the subtitle in pin on the subtitle mixer. I guess I'll have to mess around in graphedit until I can get a successful mux, we'll see if that works.
Old 7th May 2002, 00:09   #10  |  Link
Foambullet
TV Production

DO you have directvobsub installed at the same time as the ogg subtitle filters? That caused me problems like yours.

Last edited by Foambullet; 7th May 2002 at 00:41.
Foambullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2002, 10:10   #11  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

Muxing with Graphedit is not really difficult:

- Render avi&ogg, delete everything after avi/ogg splitter
- Insert Filesource with the srt-file
- Insert Subtitle parser
- Insert OGG Muxer
- Insert Filesink with your target filename
- Connect everything in the logical manner ()
- Press play

Belgabor
Old 7th May 2002, 12:46   #12  |  Link
TetarZ

Location: Wonderland (through the looking glass) or close to Paris for those of you more pragmatic.
Subs

Well I have had the following problem: SubTitDs crashes on my computer so I installed DVobSub instead. And yes it appears that oggmux needs SubTitDS or else it says it doesn' have the adequate filter to handle subtitles.Muxing with graphedit works fine though. But how do I mux chapter list?
Anyway reinstalling SubTitDS just for the muxing seemed to work with me...
P.S:And you can still use DVobSub for playback.
Old 7th May 2002, 16:15   #13  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

For the chapter list have a look at Tobias' website, its described there.

In short:
- Properties of OGG Muxer
- Select video stream
- Add 'CHAPTER__' with __ being the running number, as value put in the time code
- (not necessary) Add 'CHAPTER__NAME' with the title of the chapter
- (not necessary) Add 'TITLE' with the name of the video.

Regards
Belgabor

Last edited by Belgabor; 7th May 2002 at 16:19.
Old 8th May 2002, 17:44   #14  |  Link
outlyer

Quote:
Originally posted by Belgabor
Anyways, have you ever tried muxing the OGG in Graphedit? And other way around, (i didnt quite get what you said about graphedit) try rendering the ogm with graphedit. Does the OGGsplitter show a pin for the subs? What happens if you activate the 'all streams' option in graphedit? (you might have to dis-/reconnect the file source for that)

Regards
Belgabor
I tried doing it with GraphEdit some time ago (when I found the problem with oggmux that was the first thing to try :P ), and it gave me the same result.

There's no 'pin'. We said that the subtitle doesn't appear in GraphEdit, as if it wasn't in the file.

Activating all streams in graphedit has no effect, at least for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Foambullet
DO you have directvobsub installed at the same time as the ogg subtitle filters? That caused me problems like yours.
I was pointed to this solution in another thread. It had no effect, vobsub seems to not cause any problem for me, and uninstalling it didn't make a difference.
outlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2002, 14:06   #15  |  Link
Belgabor
VDubMod Devel

As I'm not regularely using subs in my ogm atm, I'm no pro with that, but I'll give it a look on my system and see a) if it works and, if it does, b) how it should look like in GE.

Belgabor
Old 10th May 2002, 11:52   #16  |  Link
TetarZ

Location: Wonderland (through the looking glass) or close to Paris for those of you more pragmatic.
ThNx 4 The Hand

Cool I can Mux Chapters now without Having to chnge the configuration of every filters on my computer. Thanks a lot.
P.S.: sorry for being so slow to answer I don't have Internet at home
Old 13th May 2002, 15:50   #17  |  Link
David caid

IS that the same bug as WIN98 users ?

Hello RadicalEd,

You said that you can mux subtitle with OGGMUX (no problem) but you cannot see them during playback with WMP6.4 under WINXP.
I exactly have the same problem, the only difference is that I'm using WIN98SE.
What I have remark is that when I mux a XVID + OGG or if I mux XVID + OGG + SUBTITLES, the two files are EXACTLY the same size, meaning that my subtitles are 0 Kb.
So of course when I try to see them, I have none.
What about you, are the file the same size, in that case this bug (?) won't be only related to WIN098SE or is your file with subtitles bigger than without subtitle ?

My system :
WIN98SE
Xvid : XviD-12042002-1
OGG DSfilter : 0.991
OGGsubtitles : 1.122
OGGMUX : 0.84

DVsub is installed
WMP6.4

David
David caid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2002, 20:03   #18  |  Link
poopity poop
Master of Poop!

DISREGARD THIS POST AND LOOK AT MY NEXT ONE, I LEFT THIS HERE JUST SO PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHAT I ASKED:

ok I've read this entire post line for line...
I still can't see subtitles in wmp 6.4. I accually have every known DS filter installed on my machine and this could be a problem he he.

Is this true: You need to install SubTitDs to accually view them in wmp?

I've done this, but I still can't see anything. Maybe I have a bunch of this conflicting...I have no idea

Last edited by poopity poop; 14th May 2002 at 22:14.
poopity poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2002, 22:18   #19  |  Link
poopity poop
Master of Poop!

ok I figured it out.
Running WIN XP:
Morgan Stream Switch DOES get in the way. I tried installed both ways, first one then the other(morgan vs SubtitDS). They can not exsist at the same time. If they do morgan "over-powers" it. This presents a delema:
I enjoy a good SVCD I make them AND DivX. I often times put in two audio tracks and morgan is the only thing that can switch between them. My question is this now:
How can I safelty switch on the fly audio tracks that are in mpeg-2 files? Without getting in the way of ogg filters.
Can I use powerDivX for ogg while having morgan installed? Will powerDivX not use Morgan because its more bent on ogg playback?
Old 22nd May 2002, 10:54   #20  |  Link
Eric B

I've also pb with subtitles. I'm using BsPlayer for reading.
The subtitles seam to be well reconized but they don't want to display !

I wonder if it could be pb (for me or other) with .srt format. I've seen indeed that there are many different format (standart output for SubRip or you can change the format for another .srt one where the lines are longer (not only time then text)
So, which format should be used ?
Eric B is offline   Reply With Quote