Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 15th March 2009, 13:15   #2941  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
Can we conclude most of the standing bugs are solved ?
I think there is something wrong with AAC tracks in MKV, they are not correctly detected by TsMuxer when importing the MKV and the only way to import them is to demux them from the MKV first.
Underground78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 13:49   #2942  |  Link
arrgh

Forced subtitles

really nice to see, that here after some time further progress is done...

do these new versions recognize forced subtitles in bluray-mpls files?
arrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 13:51   #2943  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

GUI tweak suggestion

How about the following changes to the (MPEG-2) "AR" layout: -

Cheers
Old 15th March 2009, 13:53   #2944  |  Link
Ryu77

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
That was done several versions ago - see here and here.
Ok, but the append feature was broken in the last version I tried (v1.8.24), which also had not corrected the clpi issues... So I didn't realise that was the case until this version. Thanks for pointing that out.

There have been several versions released within the last few days so I think I can be forgiven for being a little "behind" in the times.

Last edited by Ryu77; 15th March 2009 at 14:04.
Ryu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 14:38   #2945  |  Link
odin24

Since the new versions have been coming out... and since the TrueHD bug has been fixed, has anyone experienced issues with TrueHD muxing?

I muxed a TrueHD movie maybe a week or 10 days ago, I cannot remember what version I used. The TrueHD does not play... sorta, the center channel is not present, surrounds and fronts are playing. The AC3 core works fine.

I'm demuxing from my AVCHD FAT32 collection and I'm going to re-process as a new THD+AC3 and PCM tracks... we'll see.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 14:49   #2946  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
Since the new versions have been coming out... and since the TrueHD bug has been fixed, has anyone experienced issues with TrueHD muxing?

I muxed a TrueHD movie maybe a week or 10 days ago, I cannot remember what version I used. The TrueHD does not play... sorta, the center channel is not present, surrounds and fronts are playing. The AC3 core works fine.

I'm demuxing from my AVCHD FAT32 collection and I'm going to re-process as a new THD+AC3 and PCM tracks... we'll see.
true hd and dts-hd ma work fine but some persons have issues with bitstreaming it through hdmi from a standalone player.

Last edited by jamos; 15th March 2009 at 14:54.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 14:50   #2947  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Talked with smlabs folks and thier take on using pcm files is that they must contain the 4 byte HDMV_LPCM_audio_data_header on each frame before being used with tsmuxer..hence we may not be able to get rid of using pcm2tsmu on pcm files from eac3to.

they did slip me a bit of source code..hehe

Code:
This file does not contain LPCM audio headers, so tsMuxeR can’t recognize file format.

Each LPCM frame MUST be preced 4 byte HDMV_LPCM_audio_data_header

Syntax No. of bits Mnemonics

HDMV_LPCM_audio_data_header() {

audio_data_payload_size 16 uimsbf

channel_assignment 4 bslbf

sampling_frequency 4 uimsbf

bits_per_sample 2 uimsbf

start_flag 1 bslbf

reserved 5 bslbf

}
Old 15th March 2009, 17:25   #2948  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
true hd and dts-hd ma work fine but some persons have issues with bitstreaming it through hdmi from a standalone player.

I'm using a PS3, FAT32 1TB external, and AVCHDManager. The problem is gone now. I demuxed, remuxed with the latest version of tsMuxeR, which I know handles TrueHD fine... and it works, both the TrueHD and the PCM file I created.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 19:46   #2949  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
How's fforwarding/reversing and/or chapter skipping working now ?
I think all that was fixed in v1.8.28.

[Edit] Looks like I'm behind in my reading... this has already been discussed... ignore this post.
Old 16th March 2009, 02:37   #2950  |  Link
MAVLL

greetings.

i use tsmuxer for create a blu ray structure, but the final size is to big to burn in a dvd-5 4.7gb. I use tsspliter but when i split the file i cannot see the subtitles. But in a another file and smaller file <4.7gb i can see the subtitles very well. Any suggestions??
thanks in advanced.
MAVLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 05:24   #2951  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVLL View Post
greetings.

i use tsmuxer for create a blu ray structure, but the final size is to big to burn in a dvd-5 4.7gb. I use tsspliter but when i split the file i cannot see the subtitles. But in a another file and smaller file <4.7gb i can see the subtitles very well. Any suggestions??
thanks in advanced.
Why dont you just use tsmuxer to split and use m2ts muxing into 4 gig. sizes and then use tsmuxer with each m2ts and create 2 bd structures I believe it works that way.

Last edited by jamos; 16th March 2009 at 05:28.
Old 16th March 2009, 08:19   #2952  |  Link
turbojet

I've never had much luck with tsmuxer splitting and subtitles/chapters, I don't why it doesn't display subtitles correctly, the timing is right and all. The chapter problem is trivial. But PopBD does something like jamos describes except all in one mux somehow. People have reported subs working on hardware players.

What I have had luck with for subtitle displays on software and hardware players (the chapters are still messed up) is splitting with mkvmerge then creating BD structures from the split files, it doesn't support sup subtitles though which is a real shame. I used to have a batch file that would split mkv's in half with dragging and dropping to it. It was something like this (doesn't work)
Code:
@echo off
for /f "delims=" %%i in ('dir /od /b "%1"') do (
SET size=%%~zi
)
set /a halfsize=%size%/2
"mkvmerge" -o "%1-.mkv" -S %1 --split size:%halfsize%
pause

Last edited by turbojet; 16th March 2009 at 08:22.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 12:32   #2953  |  Link
MAVLL

Quote:
Why dont you just use tsmuxer to split and use m2ts muxing into 4 gig. sizes and then use tsmuxer with each m2ts and create 2 bd structures I believe it works that way.

Yeah, i have done that in first place but no results :-(

Turbojet, i also use mkmergue, and i already tried in my case to split with mkmergue the file and later create the BD structure from the split files but no results. My subtitles is SRT.
Old 16th March 2009, 14:36   #2954  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

http://www.smlabs.net/tsMuxer/tsMuxeR_1.8.31(b).zip
shon3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 14:39   #2955  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVLL View Post
Yeah, i have done that in first place but no results :-(

Turbojet, i also use mkmergue, and i already tried in my case to split with mkmergue the file and later create the BD structure from the split files but no results. My subtitles is SRT.
try popbd and if your using a software dvd player use windvd 9 in folder mode and not powerdvd as it sucks with avchd.

Last edited by jamos; 16th March 2009 at 14:53.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:10   #2956  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

FWIW, the bugs I reported have just been fixed. Also I've been told that WAV64 input support is coming in a future version. So the 4GB problem should soon be gone.

So things are looking good, as far as I can say!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 16:31   #2957  |  Link
rack04

I just sent them an email asking about the ability to retain MKV chapters. The only way that I've been able to do it is to create a custom chapter list using the chapter marks from eac3to.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 17:01   #2958  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
I just sent them an email asking about the ability to retain MKV chapters. The only way that I've been able to do it is to create a custom chapter list using the chapter marks from eac3to.
Adding chapters is not only copy from mkv or eac3to chapterlist, you must encode stream with specific I frames.
shon3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 17:28   #2959  |  Link
MAVLL

Quote:
try popbd and if your using a software dvd player use windvd 9 in folder mode and not powerdvd as it sucks with avchd.
thanks.

A few hours ago i tried with POPBD and still see and hear all good, but the subtitles i can't see. As i told before, only when i split the file.

When i push the remote control it let me select the language, in my case only a subtitle, but no display anything.

Thank you for all your recomendations.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:43   #2960  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i View Post
Adding chapters is not only copy from mkv or eac3to chapterlist, you must encode stream with specific I frames.
I see. I did a search and found qpfilegen. I'll test. Thanks.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer