Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 19th December 2001, 09:01   #1  |  Link
Mars-L

TMPGenc Cutting problem

Hello,

I've been converting for about a year now without problems. I always used TMPGenc MpegTools to cut the mpg files and this always worked fine for me.
Till now.....

A week ago I downloaded TMPGenc 2.02 and used it to cut an mpg file. Somehow the Merge&Edit wouldn't open any newly created mpg file. The buttons and bar all faded grey / unuseable. Sometimes I received a message about audio-headers, sometimes it simply crashes, or the program suddenly closes. (Older created mpg files did work without problem)
Tried installing different versions of TMPGenc tried to find the problem but couldn't solve it, so totally formatted the harddrive (had some other problems since installing a none WinXP compatible steering wheel).

After reinstalling everything. TMPGenc 2.02 worked fine again...I THOUGHT....but just one time. After the first cutting I get a problem I had before again. The program TMPGenc closes EVERYTIME after I selected the part I want to cut and hit the run button (right after the error message, which I previously could simply ignore, like many of you with XP do without problem.)

After days of searching for the problem I still haven't solved it. The only solution I found is using TMPGenc 0.11e or older. These can still do the cutting job. All newer versions 1.2 and up give the same problems.

Personally I think the problem is in TMPGenc 2.02. Somewhere during the first use, it writes something somewhere in the registry, which is being read by all versions of 1.2 and up. Removing and reinstalling TMPGenc (whatever version)doesn't remove this setting and only version older then version 1.2 won't read this register setting..... Might it be something like that ???
MAYBE ?
Someone ?
Really need the help with it.

Greetz
Mars-L
Mars-L is offline   Reply With Quote