Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th December 2013, 00:02   #1  |  Link
mikelebron

BDRebuilder - Need Guidance

I have read through many of the forum posts to get a handle on how to properly burn to a bluray. Now I am an old school DVD backuper using TSMUxer, AVISynth, EAC3TO, etc. etc.... but I have NEVER done bluray. All my blurays were re-encoded and stored on a file server. My HTPC is on the fritz and since BD are so cheap now I figured im fine with discs anyway..

I figured I would use BDRebuilder to ease the pain of custom scripts..

Anyway..... My issues:

I am 2 BD-25 discs in and no success. My XBOX One Bluray player app autostarts then says it doesn't recognize the disc as a movie. I can however play the disc using VLCMedia player on my PC (though the chapter do not work)....

I have a Pioneer BDR-208 Burner and using BD-25 -R Verbatim discs.

I have installed all software (which all of which I am familiar with and have worked with in the past) EXCEPT for the AVCHD Patcher. There are NO failures during the re-encoding or burning process.

Image Burn:
2x speed
UDF 2.5
label as noted on the bluray

My settings:
AnyDVD -
Remove Prohibited User Operations
Disable BD-Live
Remove Bluray Region Code

BDRebuilder -
Mode: Movie Only
Target Size: BD-25
Encoder: Automatic
Output: Write to ISO

AVCHD Patcher
0100 selection used.

My questions:

1. How do my settings look? Is there anything that you can think would cause this playback failure (in the xbox one). I don't have another bluray standalone player. Only PC Based blurays players and they work fine.

2. Do I need to use the AVCHD Patcher? If so, I am using 1.06. Is this a good version or should I be using a lower version? I noticed there were two settings 0100 and 0200, which should I use?

3. Do you think I should include all the Menus, etc.? In BDRebuilder I only selected Movie only.

Thanks for any suggestions!!!!
mikelebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 00:12   #2  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

you're settings are fine. It's your xbox that's the problem. It has been designed by microsoft to REFUSE playback of ANY non-studio release (aka AACS protected disc). Nothing you can do about it except use an actual blu-ray player to play movies and not a gaming console
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 00:27   #3  |  Link
mikelebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
you're settings are fine. It's your xbox that's the problem. It has been designed by microsoft to REFUSE playback of ANY non-studio release (aka AACS protected disc). Nothing you can do about it except use an actual blu-ray player to play movies and not a gaming console
Your saying it won't even play a custom bluray movie. Like a bluray movie of a personal wedding? That's nuts!!!
Old 30th December 2013, 00:40   #4  |  Link
mikelebron

Well...your right! it only took 1 google to find it... Micro$hit didn't again! Im about to throw this unit out of the window...
Old 30th December 2013, 01:12   #5  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

If you haven't gotten it very long ago you could try to return it to the store saying it won't pay your home authored movies on bd and get a refund. Or stell it on eBay. I don't know if the PS4 also has that issue but AFAIK the Xbox360 doesn't and definitely not the ps3. But that last one then has the issue of detecting cinavia.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Old 30th December 2013, 23:14   #6  |  Link
mikelebron

Unfortunately not... it was purchased before Christmas..

Anyway to give the thread an update and to close... I ended up resurrecting my old popcorn hour box. I had to replace the DVD drive with a Bluray drive. To my surprise it was still supported, down loaded all the updates... Voila! BOTH Bluray movies worked fine (with and without using the AVCHD patch). I have to say that I could not tell the difference between the original and the backuped versions. Im in business now... I can even play all my versioned backed up on my Server... Its been a few years since I put the PCH in storage... not sure why I abandoned it in the first place (well.. its crazy slow to navigate and probably why)...

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 31st December 2013, 00:37   #7  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

A note though. There is no need to use avchd editor. That would qualify as preprocessing and if you were to encounter a problem within bdrb due to loading such a source, the but report cannot be accepted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Old 31st December 2013, 03:27   #8  |  Link
mikelebron

Ok no prob thanks