Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th May 2019, 01:09   #261  |  Link
Jeff R 1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
385.28 works fine if you have a GTX. You get HDR passthrough and the slider works. If you have an RTX, you need 430.64.

I highly doubt that JVC will release a f/w fix for the magenta bug on the 2018 models. They have never done that in the past (fixing things on an older model once new models are released. Given the issues they have with the new models, the chances that they would spend any development time on an older model to fix such a bug (supposing it's not a hardware issue) is close to zero. Of course, I hope for you that I'm wrong.
I have a GTX 1080ti, so I will try again with 385.28, I had to get NVIDIA to give me a link as it did not show up in the list of old drivers.
I restored the HTPC back to a restore point and it messed things up a bit, the NVIDIA control panel could not be accessed afterwards.

When you say the 2019 models, are we talking about late of 2019 or the new NX/RS series that have just been released ?

EDIT:
That was 398.11 that wouldn't work with HDR switching, I'll have to contact them again to get 385.28

EDIT:
I Googled it and it came up. :-)

Last edited by Jeff R 1; 19th May 2019 at 01:15.
Jeff R 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 08:04   #262  |  Link
Jeff R 1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
385.28 works fine if you have a GTX. You get HDR passthrough and the slider works. If you have an RTX, you need 430.64.

I highly doubt that JVC will release a f/w fix for the magenta bug on the 2018 models. They have never done that in the past (fixing things on an older model once new models are released. Given the issues they have with the new models, the chances that they would spend any development time on an older model to fix such a bug (supposing it's not a hardware issue) is close to zero. Of course, I hope for you that I'm wrong.
Hmmm.
With driver 385.28 installed, the mapping level slider for the auto tone mapping is not there, at this point it only appears when I install an NVIDIA driver with the bogus metadata, does the slider appear.
I have only what is boxed in, in green when I install driver 385.28, and nothing else.
The red box only shows when I install a driver with bogus metadata, but I do have the option of switching what is in the green box.

When I use my Panasonic UB900 (not UB9000), the option in the red box is also gone.
Not sure what's going on.

Is it because the Panasonic player and the driver with the correct metadata is sending the right metadata, is the reason I don't have the option in the red box ?
I suppose in the end it doesn't really matter, but sometimes it would be nice to use the "auto tone mapping slider.

Maybe I need to upgrade the firmware on the projector for things to work properly.
I guess that's the next step.

Attached Images
 

Last edited by Jeff R 1; 19th May 2019 at 08:13.
Jeff R 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 15:52   #263  |  Link
Manni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 692
2019 models = new 4K native models
2018 models (and previous) = older eshift models (not native 4K).

Which model do you have?

With a 2019 RS2000, I don't have any of the issues you are mentioning and we have the same GPU. That's with the latest publicly available f/w (2.01), and Windows 10 Pro x64 1809.

It sounds like you are not sending passthrough, so the JVC isn't detecting HDR10. Make sure that you have enable the automatic HDR10 detection in the JVC and that the user mode selected has a PQ gamma selected..

All of this works fine with 385.28 (with 3D) or the latest 430.64 (no 3D).

Be careful when you install 385.28, windows will replace it at the next update with a slightly more recent driver. You have to roll that driver back, and then 385.28 will stay.
__________________
Win10 Pro x64 b1809 MCE
i7 3770K@4.0Ghz 32Gb@2.18Ghz EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11Gb@2GHz 430.86 RGB Full 8bits
MPC-BE/LAV/MadVR/jRiver/MyMovies V5.24
Denon X8500H>HD Fury Maestro>JVC RS2000
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 17:16   #264  |  Link
Jeff R 1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 15
I need to update my firmware, and maybe that will solve the problem; I have a RS1000 _ should have mentioned that earlier.

I'm pretty sure it's switching to HDR, when I play a 4K UHD movie with MPC-HC and MadVR, the screen goes black for a moment and I can hear the projector adjusting things (I'm assuming the iris).
Plus when MPC-HC is not in full screen mode, the desk top is totally blown out and over saturated with colour indicating that the projector is in HDR mode.
At any rate I will make sure that the auto HDR detection mode on the JVC is turned on.

I'm running W10 Home edition x64 1809.

And about the Windows auto driver update.
Type in "Control Panel" in search and look for "System" in the old control panel.
Go to "Advanced System Settings" in the left pain.
In that window, click on "Hardware" and then "Device Installation Settings"
Click on "NO" in that box to keep Windows from updating any drivers.

Thanks !
I will report back.

Last edited by Jeff R 1; 19th May 2019 at 17:41.
Jeff R 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 19:58   #265  |  Link
Manni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R 1 View Post
And about the Windows auto driver update.
Type in "Control Panel" in search and look for "System" in the old control panel.
Go to "Advanced System Settings" in the left pain.
In that window, click on "Hardware" and then "Device Installation Settings"
Click on "NO" in that box to keep Windows from updating any drivers.
That doesn't work here.

Even asking CRU not to update the driver doesn't work here.

But after asking the roll-back, it stays at 385.28.

I'm testing 430.64 at the moment to see if I can live with it.
__________________
Win10 Pro x64 b1809 MCE
i7 3770K@4.0Ghz 32Gb@2.18Ghz EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11Gb@2GHz 430.86 RGB Full 8bits
MPC-BE/LAV/MadVR/jRiver/MyMovies V5.24
Denon X8500H>HD Fury Maestro>JVC RS2000
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 22:09   #266  |  Link
SamuriHL
Registered User
 
SamuriHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,121
I've got 430.64 stable on my 2070 so far. It seems like nVidia hasn't broken anything since they released the useful fixes in the first 430.xx driver for us. I'm using windowed mode and it's working quite well for me.
__________________
HTPC: Windows 10, I9 9900k, RTX 2070 Founder's Edition, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX303, LG C8 65" OLED
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 22:17   #267  |  Link
Manni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
I've got 430.64 stable on my 2070 so far. It seems like nVidia hasn't broken anything since they released the useful fixes in the first 430.xx driver for us. I'm using windowed mode and it's working quite well for me.
Yeah, if they hadn't axed 3D mvc support it would be close to perfect. I guess with an RTX you don't have much of a choice, especially if you want HDR passthough. We have more options with GTX GPUs.
__________________
Win10 Pro x64 b1809 MCE
i7 3770K@4.0Ghz 32Gb@2.18Ghz EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11Gb@2GHz 430.86 RGB Full 8bits
MPC-BE/LAV/MadVR/jRiver/MyMovies V5.24
Denon X8500H>HD Fury Maestro>JVC RS2000

Last edited by Manni; 19th May 2019 at 22:21.
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 22:47   #268  |  Link
Jeff R 1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 15
Updated the firmware on the JVC to 2.01 and that didn't solve the colour space problem when everything is pink and green, I'm not even sure if that update was supposed to fix that ?

Still have the problem with the HDR slider not appearing, not sure what to do, maybe contact JVC.
You can see in the screen shots that it is in HDR mode, but in the Gamma window the Max CLL/Max Fall is blank ???

In this case I'm using my Panasonic UB900.
Resetting the Panasonic and the JVC back to factory specs, doesn't solve the problem.
Attached Images
   
Jeff R 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 23:18   #269  |  Link
SamuriHL
Registered User
 
SamuriHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Yeah, if they hadn't axed 3D mvc support it would be close to perfect. I guess with an RTX you don't have much of a choice, especially if you want HDR passthough. We have more options with GTX GPUs.
I plan on rebuilding my 3770k with the 1060 (with far less ram given the mobo issue) to watch 3D on my old plasma screen. With that one obviously I'm going to have the same kinds of issues you're facing and have to use an old driver. I'll get there.
__________________
HTPC: Windows 10, I9 9900k, RTX 2070 Founder's Edition, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX303, LG C8 65" OLED
SamuriHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 08:25   #270  |  Link
Manni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R 1 View Post
Updated the firmware on the JVC to 2.01 and that didn't solve the colour space problem when everything is pink and green, I'm not even sure if that update was supposed to fix that ?

Still have the problem with the HDR slider not appearing, not sure what to do, maybe contact JVC.
You can see in the screen shots that it is in HDR mode, but in the Gamma window the Max CLL/Max Fall is blank ???

In this case I'm using my Panasonic UB900.
Resetting the Panasonic and the JVC back to factory specs, doesn't solve the problem.
You're clearly not sending HDR (unless you're using a disk without metadata to test, the slider only appears when the title contains valid metadata, many of them don't). Also you can't post pictures here, it takes ages for approval.

You need to set colorspace to auto in the JVC, or not use 12bits output in the source (due to a forced YCC 422 colorspace bug in the JVCs when using YCC 444 or RGB 12bits).

This is getting off topic here if you have the issue even with a UB900, you should ask in a JVC owner's thread. Click on the rs2000 link in my sig (calibration thread for 2019 models) and we'll sort it out there.
__________________
Win10 Pro x64 b1809 MCE
i7 3770K@4.0Ghz 32Gb@2.18Ghz EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11Gb@2GHz 430.86 RGB Full 8bits
MPC-BE/LAV/MadVR/jRiver/MyMovies V5.24
Denon X8500H>HD Fury Maestro>JVC RS2000

Last edited by Manni; 20th May 2019 at 08:34.
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 09:12   #271  |  Link
Jeff R 1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
You're clearly not sending HDR (unless you're using a disk without metadata to test, the slider only appears when the title contains valid metadata, many of them don't). Also you can't post pictures here, it takes ages for approval.

You need to set colorspace to auto in the JVC, or not use 12bits output in the source (due to a forced YCC 422 colorspace bug in the JVCs when using YCC 444 or RGB 12bits).

This is getting off topic here if you have the issue even with a UB900, you should ask in a JVC owner's thread. Click on the rs2000 link in my sig (calibration thread for 2019 models) and we'll sort it out there.
So what is a disc that has meta data, I know the ones from Disney don't, do you know of any that have for sure, eg "Life Of Pi" maybe ?

I have my colour space in the NVIDIA control panel set to 12bit and the JVC is set to auto colour space.
I also have RGB and 0-255 range in the NVIDIA control panel as well.

I can see my own photos, but others can't _ that's silly.

In one of the photos it shows that the JVC has indeed switched to HDR.

It lists under Info.
Colour Space YUV
Colourimetry BT.2020
HDR HDR10 (ST.2084)

When I exit MPC-HC it lists HDR as SDR _ it switches back as it's supposed too.

I'll try some different discs.

Thanks !

Last edited by Jeff R 1; 20th May 2019 at 09:18.
Jeff R 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 10:22   #272  |  Link
Manni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R 1 View Post
So what is a disc that has meta data, I know the ones from Disney don't, do you know of any that have for sure, eg "Life Of Pi" maybe ?

I have my colour space in the NVIDIA control panel set to 12bit and the JVC is set to auto colour space.
I also have RGB and 0-255 range in the NVIDIA control panel as well.

I can see my own photos, but others can't _ that's silly.

In one of the photos it shows that the JVC has indeed switched to HDR.

It lists under Info.
Colour Space YUV
Colourimetry BT.2020
HDR HDR10 (ST.2084)

When I exit MPC-HC it lists HDR as SDR _ it switches back as it's supposed too.

I'll try some different discs.

Thanks !
As I said, it's off topic here given that you have this issue with a UB900 standalone player. It's only confusing to keep posting here. Post in one of the JVC owners' thread (as it's not HTPC related), or if you want me to help you, in the calibration thread linked in my sig where you can post pictures, and we'll take it from there. Life of Pi has no metadata in the US/UK (but some in Germany). Use any Sony title to be sure (Lucy, The Shallows...).
__________________
Win10 Pro x64 b1809 MCE
i7 3770K@4.0Ghz 32Gb@2.18Ghz EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11Gb@2GHz 430.86 RGB Full 8bits
MPC-BE/LAV/MadVR/jRiver/MyMovies V5.24
Denon X8500H>HD Fury Maestro>JVC RS2000

Last edited by Manni; 20th May 2019 at 10:28.
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 18:08   #273  |  Link
Jeff R 1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
As I said, it's off topic here given that you have this issue with a UB900 standalone player. It's only confusing to keep posting here. Post in one of the JVC owners' thread (as it's not HTPC related), or if you want me to help you, in the calibration thread linked in my sig where you can post pictures, and we'll take it from there. Life of Pi has no metadata in the US/UK (but some in Germany). Use any Sony title to be sure (Lucy, The Shallows...).
It's not off topic, I mentioned the UB900 in one post all the rest are to do with my 1080i video card, my HTPC and why the slider only appears when I use a borked NVIDIA driver _ that was the original issue.

Please answer this question, if a disc has no meta data to send to the HTPC, then where is the borked NVIDIA driver getting it from ?
Or I suppose that is the problem with those drivers, they're creating meta data out of thin air...

I will play Lucy and see.

Here's a link to the photo's.
https://discuss.avscience.com/index....12603#msg12603

The first two photos show no meta data when using a driver when the correct meta data is present, this assumes it's normal since many discs don't have the meta data ?

The last photo shows what it looks like when I use one of the borked drivers, and this also pertains to the question above.

Last edited by Jeff R 1; 20th May 2019 at 18:42.
Jeff R 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 19:34   #274  |  Link
Manni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R 1 View Post
It's not off topic, I mentioned the UB900 in one post all the rest are to do with my 1080i video card, my HTPC and why the slider only appears when I use a borked NVIDIA driver _ that was the original issue.

Please answer this question, if a disc has no meta data to send to the HTPC, then where is the borked NVIDIA driver getting it from ?
Or I suppose that is the problem with those drivers, they're creating meta data out of thin air...

I will play Lucy and see.

Here's a link to the photo's.
https://discuss.avscience.com/index....12603#msg12603

The first two photos show no meta data when using a driver when the correct meta data is present, this assumes it's normal since many discs don't have the meta data ?

The last photo shows what it looks like when I use one of the borked drivers, and this also pertains to the question above.
Yes the borked drivers invent this metadata when not present, or replace the valid one when present. It's the same for all the disks, whether they have metadata or not. That's why and how they are borked. If you don't have this issue with the UB900, then you have no issue. Please don't post in two different thread about the same issue, that's even more confusing.
__________________
Win10 Pro x64 b1809 MCE
i7 3770K@4.0Ghz 32Gb@2.18Ghz EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11Gb@2GHz 430.86 RGB Full 8bits
MPC-BE/LAV/MadVR/jRiver/MyMovies V5.24
Denon X8500H>HD Fury Maestro>JVC RS2000
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 21:22   #275  |  Link
Jeff R 1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Yes the borked drivers invent this metadata when not present, or replace the valid one when present. It's the same for all the disks, whether they have metadata or not. That's why and how they are borked. If you don't have this issue with the UB900, then you have no issue. Please don't post in two different thread about the same issue, that's even more confusing.
See this thread where I posted some more photos with Lucy.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/46-po...l#post58074788

The problem was me not understanding what was specifically going on with the borked NVIDIA drivers.

And to answer you question in the other forum, the other movies that don't have any meta date are: "Life Of Pi" (Canadian Version), "Thor Ragnarok" (Canadian version) and "The Kid Who Would Be King" (US Version)

The last photo where the "slider" appears was just a simple screen shot from the manual to show a point of reference, it does not represent any disc. It was simply to show that the slider was missing from the other two photos

For anyone else that has just come here and seen this post, here is the link to the other forum where my photos are posted.

https://discuss.avscience.com/index....12603#msg12603

Thanks for you patience Manni !
Jeff R 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2019, 03:55   #276  |  Link
SoySauceWDF
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2
Anyone still experiencing stuttering after applying the NVInspector fix on RTX cards? A/V Sync issues as well? RTX 2080 ti, most recent driver (430.64), madvr, MPC-HC.
SoySauceWDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2019, 04:20   #277  |  Link
videoh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 717
What is the "NVInspector fix"? Thank you.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2019, 04:47   #278  |  Link
huhn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5,600
it helps some turing user that have problem with madVR and stuttering where the madVR OSD doesn't notice anything at all.

it pretty much enables/forces vsync for mpc-hc(which doesn't make any sense but it works so...) changes the power saving setting to adaptive and a setting for optimus system so the nvidia card is used instead of the igpu. at least that's what i remember from it.

AFAIK clsid is behind that profile.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2019, 12:10   #279  |  Link
videoh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 717
Where does one get this "fix"?
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2019, 12:44   #280  |  Link
clsid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,932
Here: nvidia profile for mpc
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.