Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th November 2007, 18:59   #41  |  Link
natronicus

Can't locate the src files anywhere, but I located the compiled bin here:

http://files.linux.ru/index.php?dir=...ptHD/11062007/

Can anyone (Zotty?) provide a more legitimate source for this? I'd like to add streaming support to my linux media box. It's probably safe, but I'm not excited about downloading random, compiled bin files from russian websites and sticking them in /bin.
natronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 21:52   #42  |  Link
Wilbert

http://rapidshare.com/files/68150910...70611.rar.html
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 04:24   #43  |  Link
pensivepuppy

Here is a new program named hddvdfs which is based on decrypthd. It's a filesystem (using FUSE) that mounts the files using decrypthd behind the scenes as a filter for the data. This way the EVO files can be accessed as regular files, not just as streams.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2k48vg

So far this is only available as a patch to the decrypthd source code.
pensivepuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 19:17   #44  |  Link
pensivepuppy

Here is an updated version of hddvdfs with a few bug fixes:

hddvdfs_src_20071114.rar

The changes are:

* Fix file descriptor leak in HDDrive class.

* Only try to decrypt .EVO files under HVDVD_TS. This should mean that
.MAP and other non-EVO files under HVDVD_TS are now read correctly.

* Fix a possible core dump when closing regular (non-encrypted) files.

Hddvdfs is a front-end for decrypthd that mounts an HD-DVD, using
decrypthd as a filter for the data. In this way the files on the
HD-DVD can be accessed like regular files instead of only accessing them
as streams.
pensivepuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 20:34   #45  |  Link
Zotty

Very nice addition

I just finished itegrating the previous version into the latest source. The structure has changed a bit, so easier said than done. But I guess I'll have some new updates to reintegrate. No patching in one less step into making this work for everyone. Hopefully I can do a testrun tonight to see how hddvdfs works.

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know I'm back.

Last edited by Zotty; 14th November 2007 at 21:13.
Zotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 22:46   #46  |  Link
Zotty

DecryptHD v0.3

Well time for an update long overdue. It has the HDDVDFS patch included (huge thanks to pensivepuppy). Been playing around with it a bit and man it's sweet. It allows for jumping through the movie which wasn't possible using streaming. If you can use FUFE, I can highly recommend it.

Changelog:
- Made drive, harddisk and HDDVDFS version
- Keys/certificates/etc are replacable
- Rewritten stream decryption code
- Bug fixes
- Problably more which I don't remember

Source: DecrypHD v0.3 source
Binaries: DecrypHD v0.3 binaries (P4 optimized)

Please note that the key database hasn't been updated in a long time. Will update it soon. Also MKB v4 discs are not supported yet since it still hasn't been cracked publicly.

Last edited by Zotty; 15th November 2007 at 23:12.
Old 18th November 2007, 06:31   #47  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Holy Crap! Your still alive, Zotty!?

I thought you were dead! Nice way to come back from the grave my friend, and thanks alot for the new additions!
Old 18th November 2007, 13:06   #48  |  Link
Zotty

Yeah well it's kinda hard to exterminate me Main reason for my absense was a new job on the other side of the country (and the consequent movement). I took enough time to get things on track and settling in.

But that's done now, so I plan on spending more time on getting rid of that pile-o-aacs-junk. And there's much to be done, although not directly related to decryptHD The biggest problem we (=the world) have got is the lack of host data, new keys and the way to aquire them. You probably already know this stuff, but it can't hurt to write down once more:
Till now we've been using the old PowerDVD host data (certificate, private key, etc.), but it has been revoked. Not to mention that using a certificate of another program is not the solution. So unless you've got a xbox360 drive supporting the instant-authentication-hack, you're more or less doomed for now (without using additional tools).

Then there's MKB v4. Slysoft has been doing a lot of good work there, but alas, they've also stated they will not release their results to prevent the competition for using their technique / make AACS LA's life more difficult. Also a large group of HD buyers have windows who just use AnyDVD and have no need for alternative programs.

What does this mean for us? They've got a point not releasing their findings, but it makes our live more difficult. We've got non AACS related jobs (well most of us do ) and don't have the same time and resources to get where Slysoft is right now. And the later makes it harder to get information since less people see requests for new information. The more people you can reach, the more information you can gather. And with a database of almost every title out there it would maybe, just maybe be possible to deduce a common key.

Related to this, I've been thinking of reimplementing using seperate Volume Keys when playing a real disk. Right now it uses MKB v1 and v3 processing keys when reading from disk, but that renders watching MKB v4 disk impossible, even if you have a Volume Key.

Another ting that stands decent playback in the way at this time is audio support.I've been playing around with Mplayer's E-AC3 patch and there's about a 10 seconds delay between video and audio. That renders watching more or less pointless. But it si something I can't do anything about at this time.

Anyways, since this will not happen over night, I'll just focus on the things that can change a bit sooner. Atm I'm working on adding decryption for all encrypted files on disk. That way using HDDVDFS there is no trace left of AACS and you just see normal (and decrypted) files. And offcourse the usual bugfixes/improvements.
Old 18th November 2007, 23:14   #49  |  Link
bcrabl

Instead of cracking MKBv4, couldn't somebody crack the AnyDVD HD database (since every version of AnyDVD HD comes full with a full set of the key database)?
bcrabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 05:57   #50  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrabl View Post
couldn't somebody crack the AnyDVD HD...
Forum rule 6: "No warez, cracks, ..."
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 07:14   #51  |  Link
Adub

And if we did that, it would only be temporary, as I am sure the AnyDVD guys know how to prevent their database from being cracked, as it is there job to do the opposite. And it doesn't help the community move forward, as personal experimentation and discovery would.

Edit: Oh, and Zotty, I have a very high respect for you now. You speak the truth. In the coming years, as I learn the ins and outs of programming and it's extraneous subjects, I will do everything in my power to help this community, whether it is decryption, audio/video encoding/filtering, or any other subject contained with in the ever expanding universe that is this community.

Last edited by Adub; 19th November 2007 at 07:17.
Adub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 00:43   #52  |  Link
Zotty

Version v0.4 is here, this time mainly code improvements and updates for the HDDVDFS part. It now includes ACA and XPL file decryption. Also is the host keys/certificate are not found, it uses an internal backup copy. This also means that if you have newer hostdata, the internal ones will be overruled.

Changelog
v0.4 - 2007/11/28
- Added ACA file decryption
- Added XPL AACS header stripping
- Rewrote logging code
- Improved error handling
- Improved utility usability
- Improved filesystem code
- HDDVDFS now detects files independant of case
- Renamed classes to better reflect their purpose
- External certificate/keys are used to overrule the internal ones
- Minor bug/leak fixes throughout the code

Binaries: http://rapidshare.com/files/72754455...n.tar.bz2.html
Source: http://rapidshare.com/files/72754566...c.tar.bz2.html

Just a remark about ACA and XPL files: the final filesize is smaller than the original one due to decryption/stripping. I haven't figured out yet how I can tell FUSE to use the new size when reading the first time. This can sometimes lead to padding at the end to fill up the space. Read the file again and the size is updated correctly (and without padding).

And Merlin7777, just keep practicing with programming. It's the best way to learn. Besides we all learn new things every day

Last edited by Zotty; 28th November 2007 at 01:12.
Old 28th November 2007, 01:07   #53  |  Link
Adub

Will do man! You rock!

Thanks for the update by the way.
Old 16th December 2007, 00:50   #54  |  Link
asdx

you rock Zotty, free software / open source is the way to go

i have a question, can all this stuff be implemented into a library like libdvdcss so players could use that and then decrypt movies on the fly? just like mplayer/ffmpeg/libdvdcss does with encrypted DVDs.

thanks for your hard work and for release it as FOSS
asdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2007, 03:02   #55  |  Link
leftkidney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Yup, that's the idea.
maybe the dvd fab people could learn from this

FREE is always better no matter what

yea there is a free ver but it does nothing really
leftkidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2007, 03:09   #56  |  Link
leftkidney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo2000 View Post
Zotty, we need a Windoz version
as much as I hate to say this I agree with you

but if it is hard to do then there is no reason why people cant use linux, I mean really this is kinda a niche thing as it is so linux shouldnt be a problem
leftkidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2007, 13:59   #57  |  Link
Zotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdx View Post
i have a question, can all this stuff be implemented into a library like libdvdcss so players could use that and then decrypt movies on the fly? just like mplayer/ffmpeg/libdvdcss does with encrypted DVDs.
Yes that would certainly be possible. I'll have a look into this. See also below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post
but if it is hard to do then there is no reason why people cant use linux, I mean really this is kinda a niche thing as it is so linux shouldnt be a problem
Most parts of the code should be working under Windows. It just requires some minor Windows specific stuff since for example Visual Studio doesn't support stdint.h and MinGW (haven't tested VS yet) doesn't know the 64-bit versions of the functions I use for getting directory functionality.

A major problem could be hddvdfs. This is based on FUSE which is part of the Linux kernel. I have no idea if there's something similair under Windows and if so how to implement it. Nor do I have the ability (and interest) to test it properly. I've only got Linux with Windows running using VMware. This allows me to use Visual Studio, but does not offer a good way for playing HD discs. If someone feels like diving into this, feel free to do so. I'll provide help where I can.

I'm thinking of using CMake. Would give some better control over installed packages such as openSSL and it becomes easy to use the GNU make tools under Linux and vcproj files under Windows.

Update:
Gave it a spin today and it's a bit more work than expected. Installed the MS platform SDK and VS updates (which took ages...) and the result was not that bad. CMake shouldn't be a problem (got most working, just need additional tweaks to get it all right), but I totally forgot about the IOCTL calls used to communicate with the drive. Also the filesystem stuff isn't recognised by VS. So for Windows these part need to be rewritten. On the other hand openssl and stdint was solved within 5 mins, so that's good.
Final thought is that compiling it under Windows has a very low priority for me. I've also started working on some other HD DVD stuff which is much more fun to do and doesn't exist yet for Linux (e.g. a HDi player). To be blunt, Windows users have PowerDVD and AnyDVD, so I'd much rather spend my spare time making something new on a platform that has no decent HD DVD support yet.

Last edited by Zotty; 26th December 2007 at 01:48.
Old 30th December 2007, 01:26   #58  |  Link
asdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Final thought is that compiling it under Windows has a very low priority for me. I've also started working on some other HD DVD stuff which is much more fun to do and doesn't exist yet for Linux (e.g. a HDi player). To be blunt, Windows users have PowerDVD and AnyDVD, so I'd much rather spend my spare time making something new on a platform that has no decent HD DVD support yet.
Thanks Zotty, I can't wait to see more of your work, keep up your excellent work

you rock!
asdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:44   #59  |  Link
natronicus

Any idea what the difficulty level would be to get this working for blu-ray?

The PS3 linux guys have accelerated graphics partially working; it would be nice to be able to play blu-ray discs on a PS3 under linux with mplayer + a decyptHD plug in.

N
natronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 21:13   #60  |  Link
v1rtu0s1ty

Hi Zotty,

Will the dual LG BluRay/HDDVD internal drive work?

Thanks,

V
v1rtu0s1ty is offline   Reply With Quote