Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th January 2007, 13:11   #1  |  Link
IanRC

Why are Office beta testers outside the US being discriminated against by Microsoft ?

I received an email that provided the following link

http://www.microsoft.com/business/la...p/default.mspx

According to this, as I have attended a 2007 launch event (in Qatar), I am entitled to a free copy of Office 2007 Professional and Groove 2007. However on using the contact information I was advised that this only applies to individuals in the US.

This only reinforces the impression that Microsoft cares more for its US customers than to those in the rest of the world. Seems a less than sound strategy for ensuring ongoing popularity even before you consider the restrictiveness of some of their other offerings.
IanRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 14:28   #2  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

discrimination would suggest there is no rational reason for them to dissallow you entry to the program. I would think they simply do not want to go through the legal hoops required to release software in multiple legal jurisdictions.
check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 00:08   #3  |  Link
zilog jones

Jerks. At the launch event in Dublin they were only offering free licenses for Vista, and I sure as hell don't want that.

Office 2007 is actually good - I've been using the Beta since the summer and I found the interface so much more intuitive and useable compared to previous versions. However, the retail prices are still insane.

Last edited by zilog jones; 17th January 2007 at 00:10.
zilog jones is offline   Reply With Quote