Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st June 2007, 22:39   #1  |  Link
marc.knuckle

mediacoder no disk error

hey guys, just a quicky.

i have just started using mediacoder and it is fine until i use a drive such as optical or even a card slot drive(multicard reader shows as seperate drives). for some reason then it comes up with an error...

'medaicoder.exe - no disk
there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into drive D
cancel try again continue'

after clicking cancel the error goes and the program works fine then.
in the past if another program has done something similar i have just changed the drive letter and it has been fine but as this program picks up the last drive that has been used and displays that letter as the error, it keeps coming back.( for example, if i use the SD card slot to put my pictures on the PC, when using mediacoder after, this is the drive it states is the error and this is the same if i use an optical drive as stated above).
microsoft have put some info on it's site stating that it is when the main drive with windows on it isn't 'C' and it should be, but this can't be right as my main drive IS 'C'.

any help would be appreciated.

edit... i have re-started to see if it helps and it doesn't come up with the error. this would lead me to believe that it something to do with it registering somewhere that i used a drive but then gets cleared when i turn off. why would this be? and is there any way of stopping this annoying but admitedly not lief threatening problem?

Last edited by marc.knuckle; 21st June 2007 at 22:53.
marc.knuckle is offline   Reply With Quote