Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 6th December 2005, 20:25   #1  |  Link
Willows_Thoughts
Regispek

Menu for VOB files

Hello, i was wondering if there is anyway to create a menu for VOB files? i have tried demuxing the video and audio from my DVD, my Authoring tool (TMPGEnc DVD Author) wont open the mpv (say's that there is no Decoder). The reason i need to create a menu is because the DVD i have has a scratch like right in the center of the DVD ( in the area around the hole) and it wont let me access the menu on a DVD player or my comp... i just found out that the actual movie plays perfect, i ripped it w/ DVD Decryptor and there was no problem, i know that i can play the movie, but there is no way for me to access it w/o the menu which sucks. I am just going to make a copy of it, and burn it onto another DVD, but i would like to have a menu because it is a Season of a TV show DVD w/ four episodes and i want a way to access them seperately. also, i tried opening the Video files with TMPGEnc, but it tells me the IFO cannot be open. Any help will be appreciated! thanks

(On the rules i know it says not to ask for IFO files, which i did not do. If this is wrong to ask just close the forum, i dont know if this is breaking the rule or not... I have the purchased DVD, but i cant access the menu)

Last edited by Willows_Thoughts; 6th December 2005 at 20:52.
Willows_Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2005, 21:25   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
i ripped it w/ DVD Decryptor and there was no problem, i know that i can play the movie
Use DVD Decrypter v.3.5.4 to rip it in "File" mode and select "movie only". This should create a DVD "package" on your hard drive that TMPGEnc DVD author should accept for input...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2005, 23:04   #3  |  Link
Willows_Thoughts
Regispek

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old
Use DVD Decrypter v.3.5.4 to rip it in "File" mode and select "movie only". This should create a DVD "package" on your hard drive that TMPGEnc DVD author should accept for input...
Alright, i shall try it later, and just so we are clear, i need to click edit and "select main movie files"? or "select main movie files + IFO's?"

Last edited by Willows_Thoughts; 6th December 2005 at 23:09.
Willows_Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2005, 08:14   #4  |  Link
setarip_old

"select main movie files + IFO's" should do just fine ;>}
Old 7th December 2005, 13:39   #5  |  Link
Willows_Thoughts
Regispek

Didnt work...

It didnt work, when i try to open the Video files it says "Video_TS.IFO cannot be open" and when I tried to rename one of the IFO's to Video_TS it came up with a whole bunch of symbols...

I have heard that DVD Junior supports VOB's, anyone tried it?
Old 7th December 2005, 18:24   #6  |  Link
setarip_old

If your hard drives are configured as NTFS (NOT limited to 4Gb individual filesize), you might want to try using DVD Decrypter to save the "movie only" as a single .VOB (No .IFOs) - and load that it into TMPGEnc DVD Author
Old 7th December 2005, 21:07   #7  |  Link
Willows_Thoughts
Regispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old
If your hard drives are configured as NTFS (NOT limited to 4Gb individual filesize), you might want to try using DVD Decrypter to save the "movie only" as a single .VOB (No .IFOs) - and load that it into TMPGEnc DVD Author
As i said before, my DVD is a TV show w/ 4 episodes per disk, and i am wanting to make a way to access the episodes seperately
Old 8th December 2005, 00:39   #8  |  Link
spuddog

I handle episodic disks in this way. Use Dvdshrink in re-author mode. Save each episode to you're hard drive in separate folders(I normally don't shrink them because i want to maintain quality). I use TMPGenc Dvd Author to make a simple menu to access each episode and author a new dvd.
Old 8th December 2005, 01:13   #9  |  Link
Willows_Thoughts
Regispek

Thanks!

I forgot i had DVD Shrink on here... it actually worked, thank u!!!!