Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 25th July 2007, 14:03   #781  |  Link
Zarxrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerpoi View Post
I tried it out, couldn't reproduce the error on my laptop. Could you tell me the exact error reported by AvsP? It should be saved in the avsp_error_log.txt.
There seems to be 2 possible outcomes that I have discovered so far.
On a pathname that contains a "ö", it will post the following in the error log:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "run.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 10961, in main
  File "wxp.pyo", line 249, in __init__
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7700, in __init__
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7352, in _BootstrapApp
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 10947, in OnInit
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 3662, in __init__
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 3769, in ProcessArguments
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 7194, in OpenFile
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 7750, in InsertSource
  File "AvsP.pyo", line 7783, in GetSourceString
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf6 in position 27: ordinal not in range(128)
When I use japanese text in the path, there is no error message, but after rightclicking a file and choosing to open the file with avsp, avsp simply launches without opening the file.
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 09:36   #782  |  Link
signal
to noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3angel
1) Include in the compiled project the msvcr71.dll. At the moment it doesn't start if it doesn't find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerpoi
I don't think I'm allowed to distribute msvcr71.dll, I guess I should mention the requirement somewhere (but honestly, a huge number of programs require it, so it's a non-issue for most users).
You have permission. Microsoft has made this a non-system file due to version conflicts and ask that it be distributed with the application and stored in the application directory from now on.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326922

Quote:
When you build an application in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET , and the application uses the C run-time libraries (CRT), distribute the appropriate CRT DLL from the following list with your application and install the DLL in your Program Files directory: ...[snip]... Do this instead of installing the DLL in the system directories. Do not assume that the DLL already exists in the system directories.

The shared CRT DLL has been distributed by Microsoft in the past as a shared system component. This may cause problems when you run applications that are linked to a different version of the CRT on computers that do not have the correct versions of the CRT DLL installed. This is commonly referred to as the "DLL Conflict" problem.
I got bit by not having it on a fresh XP install and in looking for it on another system (recently installed as well) found various flavors existing only in the program files tree, but not in the windows one. So recent apps are following this as well.

Would be great to have AvsP good to go from the start (and with the correct version of msvcr71.dll that you compiled with to go with it).
signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 02:44   #783  |  Link
qwerpoi

Sorry for not getting this up sooner, here's a bugfix update which should fix a few bugs some people have pointed out recently:

http://avisynth.org/qwerpoi/upload/A...ix3_v1.4.0.zip

Make sure you are using AvsP v1.4.0, get the AvsP.pyo from the zip file and place it in the same directory as AvsP.exe (overwrite the older AvsP.pyo if it exists). The fixes will be in effect the next time you start up AvsP. Just so you know, here are the bugs this update fixes in v1.4.0:
Code:
+ fixed calltip bug with parentheses inside string (thanks niiyan)
+ fixed calltip bug with filters with zero arguments (thanks niiyan)
+ fixed calltip bug with "Frequent calltips" turned off (thanks Alain2)
+ fixed asterisk on title bar in separate video window (thanks krisq)
+ fixed color customization to allow non-white default background (thanks RedDwarf1)
+ fixed (?) open with unicode filename bug (thanks Zarxrax)
The first three bugs were fixed in previous bugfixes, the last three are newer. The 5th fix means you can set up AvsP with a dark background for the script, just go to "Options -> Fonts and colors..." and configure the default background color. You'll have to change quite a few other colors to completely get rid of the white background, I may make an easier way to do this in a later release. And I *think* I fixed the unicode bug Zarxrax pointed out, please let me know if it still occurs.

I'm currently working hard on the next release, it's shaping up quite nicely (with features such as automatic sliders, resize, calculator, bitrate calculator, encoding gui, etc). There's still a lot of work I need to do, so I can't guarantee when it will come out, hopefully within a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal
Would be great to have AvsP good to go from the start (and with the correct version of msvcr71.dll that you compiled with to go with it).
Okay then, the next version of AvsP will include the msvcr71.dll, thanks for the clarification.
qwerpoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 11:37   #784  |  Link
LL00

AvsP file information displays RGB color space, but when I put info() in the .avs, It displays YU12.
can you check that?
LL00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 11:47   #785  |  Link
honai

Quote:
with features such as automatic sliders, resize, calculator, bitrate calculator, encoding gui, etc
Wow, that's impressive, thanks for your efforts, looking forward to it!
Old 1st August 2007, 13:57   #786  |  Link
Zarxrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerpoi
And I *think* I fixed the unicode bug Zarxrax pointed out, please let me know if it still occurs.
The first unicode problem I pointed out is fixed now.
However, it still does not seem to work with files which contain japanese text. I'm not sure what, if anything makes these files any different. I right-click on a files with a japanese filename, and choose open with AvsP, and AvsP simply opens up a blank page. No error message.
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 14:44   #787  |  Link
ChiDragon

LL00, , colorspace reporting works fine here.
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 18:53   #788  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL00 View Post
AvsP file information displays RGB color space, but when I put info() in the .avs, It displays YU12.
can you check that?
Make sure you are using a recent version of Avisynth (I'm using 2.5.7), since AvsP isn't able to directly communicate with older versions of Avisynth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
The first unicode problem I pointed out is fixed now.
However, it still does not seem to work with files which contain japanese text. I'm not sure what, if anything makes these files any different. I right-click on a files with a japanese filename, and choose open with AvsP, and AvsP simply opens up a blank page. No error message.
Yeah, I figured it out, it looks like the Python language specifially has trouble decoding japanese unicode strings properly. Oddly enough, wxPython (the gui library used by AvsP) can handle them fine, so a clunky workaround is to open a japanese file with AvsP, which gets you a blank page, then drag and drop the file on to the blank page. I'll try and see if there's some downloadable Python codecs or some other possible fix to the problem in the meantime.
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:32   #789  |  Link
LL00

Quote:
Make sure you are using a recent version of Avisynth (I'm using 2.5.7), since AvsP isn't able to directly communicate with older versions of Avisynth.
Yes, you right, with 2.5.7 it's fine. I used 2.6.0.0, that's why I got this wrong info with avsp.
LL00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 20:07   #790  |  Link
RedDwarf1
RedDwarf Fan

Thanks qwerpoi for adding the ability to change the background colour. That has made a big difference to it's usability for me. I will no longer have to move the video window up to cover as much of the white text window as I can as it did affect how I could see the video having bright white showing.
RedDwarf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 20:17   #791  |  Link
AlanHK

A while ago qwerpoi was kind enought to give me a macro to save bookmarks (below).

Not being a python coder myself, I wonder if someone can advise how to input a list of bookmarks to Avsp?

macro to extract bookmark list
Code:
filename = avsp.GetSaveFilename(title='Save bookmarks to text file')
f = open(filename, 'w')
for bm in avsp.GetBookmarkList():
    f.write(str(bm)+'\n')
f.close()
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 06:12   #792  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
Not being a python coder myself, I wonder if someone can advise how to input a list of bookmarks to Avsp?
Assumming you want to get the bookmark list from the previously written text file (ie, a bookmark frame on each line), the macro would look like this:
Code:
filename = avsp.GetFilename(title='Get bookmarks file')
f = open(filename, 'r')
text = f.read()
f.close()
bookmarks = text.split()
avsp.SetBookmark(bookmarks)
Here I'm taking advantage of the fact that the SetBookmark() function can take in a list of frame numbers to set as bookmarks (as opposed to one bookmark at a time). You might also notice that in this macro I passed the function a list of strings instead of numbers - the function automatically does the string to integer conversion for you. Hope that helps.
Old 13th August 2007, 07:47   #793  |  Link
callmemusashi

Awesome

Excellent app! It's been a while since I had to convert a Real Media file, and the script I thought I was supposed to use wasn't working. I tried your tool, and it worked immediately. Kick ass. (Turns out all I was doing wrong was spelling the damn file incorrectly, but that doesn't mean this tool is any less helpful
callmemusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 17:28   #794  |  Link
AlanHK

Quote:
Assumming you want to get the bookmark list from the previously written text file (ie, a bookmark frame on each line), the macro would look like this
Thanks.

-- I note that response gets very twitchy when I load 188 bookmarks. Not that many people would be doing that.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 19:26   #795  |  Link
qwerpoi

Just to let you guys know, I'll be releasing the next version of AvsP in about a day or two. Unless there are any major objections, I'm going to release it in a new thread, since it's stepping up to version 2.0.0, which won't be 100% backwards compatible with older versions. Also, this thread's getting a bit long (I believe it's the largest in the avisynth forum!), making it a bit hard to wade through for info.
Old 1st April 2008, 21:23   #796  |  Link
gomguk

AvsP 2.0.2 Korean language file.
Making(Credit) by "Hani"(name).

Download URL:
http://zizybe.bcpark.net/data/avsp202_korean_lang.zip

Please register avsP official website. ^^
gomguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 13:55   #797  |  Link
azsd
6502 fan

nice tools! I have to open three Virtualdubmod to load differnt sripts and click between taskbar til yesterday.
Is there any option to make the priview windows floatable or dock to right of editor?
I have lots of blank on the right of scripts.
azsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 14:14   #798  |  Link
talen9

This is an OLD thread! Or, better, it is about an old version of AvsP.

Please refer to this thread instead
talen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 10:19   #799  |  Link
torpare

Can't revert to AvsP's video preview

I tried out using VirtualDub as external player for previewing, but decided I preferred the internal preview. There seemed no way to revert other than by reversing my steps, ie removing the path to VDub from the box labelled 'External player' in 'Program Settings -> General tab'. So that's what I did.

Since then, every time, a blank preview window comes up and the status bar continues to show "Run the script with an external program" when the mouse cursor is held over the 'play' button. I can't see any way to restore the internal preview.

Can anybody please tell me what I should be doing that I'm not?
torpare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 12:50   #800  |  Link
talen9

Ahem ... did you have a look at (my) post right above yours?
talen9 is offline   Reply With Quote