Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th October 2009, 15:02   #5921  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by komisar View Post
RipBot264 dont work without Administrative right (Vista 64-bit)...
I have Ripbot and workfolders on D: and it works without UAC disabled and without admin rights.

Do you have Ripbot in C:\Programms (x86) ? or pointing temps or output Dir to an protected area?
Wishbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 17:01   #5922  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

So what are the planned new features in upcoming versions? Will there be a setting to save our customized resolutions with the AR we've made? I got reminded after I've done 4 videos in wrong resolution Lol.

By the way, RipBot264 IS easy.

1. I downloaded the zip and unpack
2. I loaded an avi clip.
3. I select the for video profile and audio profile.
4. I select type of pass.
5. I set resolution.
6. I start encode.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit (UAC turned off)

There were no issues, I support this app! GOOD WORK Atak!
MKVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 17:17   #5923  |  Link
komisar

Wishbringer, RipBot264 on D:\RipBot264, UAC enabled, temp and output on "D"... And UAC requires Admin password
Old 14th October 2009, 20:33   #5924  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile1178 View Post
Atak_Snajpera, I have some questions for your ripbot program. I've been using it for some time now and haven't had a problem.

Question 1: Why does x264 add a frame to the video encodes? Every blu-ray encode ends up with 1 extra frame from the source.

Question 2: Is this extra frame at the beginning or end? I would imagine the end.

Question 3: Is there a way to just cut this extra frame out or for it to not be there at all and have the same amount of frames as the source?

Question 4: What program do you use to give the exact time of the audio and video file?

Thanks making this great program for all of us to use!
Atak_Snajpera or Anybody, Can you please answer my questions.

Thank you!
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 23:26   #5925  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Will there be a setting to save our customized resolutions with the AR we've made? I got reminded after I've done 4 videos in wrong resolution Lol.
No. Just use PSP.iphone size profile

Quote:
Question 1: Why does x264 add a frame to the video encodes? Every blu-ray encode ends up with 1 extra frame from the source.
I don't know and frankly i don't care. 41ms longer movie is not a problem.

Quote:
Question 4: What program do you use to give the exact time of the audio and video file?
I use informations provided by AviSynth.

Quote:
RipBot264 dont work without Administrative right (Vista 64-bit)...
admin manifest was added to .exe for reason. For example Ripbot264.exe requires admin rights in order to unlock Windows 7 DirectShow Preffered filters.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 23:44   #5926  |  Link
skrowl

Minor AVCHD issue:

I rip everything to AVCHD, because I actually just want the .m2ts file to stream to my PS3. If you could make just a .m2ts option, I would love you forever. NOTHING streams .mkv without transcoding, so I'm hoping the "scene" finally realizes that m2ts (the same format that's on a Blu-Ray) is the standard and not unstreamable .mkv.

The problem is that one of the recent versions seems to have broken the title metadata in the AVCHD's m2ts file. All of the titles come out as 000000 when viewed on my PS3 and I have to go in to windows media player and "rename" them to get them to show up correctly. This didn't used to happen before. The correct behavior would be to set the title metadata to be whatever the filename is.

Thank you for your time!
skrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 01:03   #5927  |  Link
awake33

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrowl View Post
Minor AVCHD issue:

I rip everything to AVCHD, because I actually just want the .m2ts file to stream to my PS3. If you could make just a .m2ts option, I would love you forever. NOTHING streams .mkv without transcoding, so I'm hoping the "scene" finally realizes that m2ts (the same format that's on a Blu-Ray) is the standard and not unstreamable .mkv.

The problem is that one of the recent versions seems to have broken the title metadata in the AVCHD's m2ts file. All of the titles come out as 000000 when viewed on my PS3 and I have to go in to windows media player and "rename" them to get them to show up correctly. This didn't used to happen before. The correct behavior would be to set the title metadata to be whatever the filename is.

Thank you for your time!
"PS3 Media Server" (the java based client) streams mkv without transcoding, it does repackage it on-the-fly so to speak, but the audio/video data is not re-encoded in any way.

I'm curious, what OS are you using? I've never been able to stream native m2ts files, only after renaming them to mp4 will they stream (having done the registry hack of course).
awake33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 02:58   #5928  |  Link
8ternity

Hi atak,

I have an question about Windows 7 x64.

I have remark (view) that all movies in HD played with Media Player Classic with ffdshow filter in Windows 7 quality was reduce and "dont know how to describe in english with my french" but it's look like that the picture "pixel" is squared. I will take an snapshot and show you.

I've make some research on the net about windows 7 and hd viewing and found articles about the microsoft foundation filter and trouble with ffdshow and filters codec avout VC1, MPG4.

See link here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...65666&posted=1

Here the snapshot (mpc) of an mkv 1080i little bit zoomed. In fullscreen, you dont need to zoom it to see the filtering.
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1255571816

Thanks.

EDIT: mkv played with the windows media player, the picture quality is correct.

Last edited by 8ternity; 15th October 2009 at 04:36.
8ternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 05:05   #5929  |  Link
sennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ternity View Post
Hi atak,

I have an question about Windows 7 x64.

I have remark (view) that all movies in HD played with Media Player Classic with ffdshow filter in Windows 7 quality was reduce and "dont know how to describe in english with my french" but it's look like that the picture "pixel" is squared. I will take an snapshot and show you.
I had a similar problem with Win7 x64, try the following settings:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2697/setting1.png

try configuring MPC-HT for DXVA (if you have nvidia or ati hd videocard) with built-in decoder and it looks (and plays) excellent

Last edited by sennan; 15th October 2009 at 05:08. Reason: update.
sennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 07:41   #5930  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennan View Post
I had a similar problem with Win7 x64, try the following settings:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2697/setting1.png

try configuring MPC-HT for DXVA (if you have nvidia or ati hd videocard) with built-in decoder and it looks (and plays) excellent
Thanks for the reply, i change DirectShow Video to another configuration and ffdshow apply settings and video is okay.

Thanks mister, it's appreciate!
Old 15th October 2009, 08:23   #5931  |  Link
valpy

Error Message

Dear Atak,

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere. If it has then please could you give me a link to the information.

I used to use RipBot264 quite happily until a few days ago. I think it's a wonderful piece of software. Much better than Handbrake or StaxRip as far as I'm concerned. However after I downloaded the newest version I keep getting this error message whenever I try to load a video file:

As you suggest in "Common problems" I have tried uninstalling all codec packs and then reinstalling AviSynth , Haali Media Spliter , and ffdshow. I even reinstalled WMP 11 but I keep getting this recurring problem.

I have tried using previous versions of RipBot264 which used to work but I still keep getting the same problem.

As it used to work for me and now no longer does, I suspect it is because of something I must have done.

I don't know if it is relevant but when I load a video file the RipBot interface says "[NO AUDIO]" in the audio drop down menu shortly before the error message displays:

Once again, apologies if this has already been addressed.

Thanks,

Valpy
valpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 12:13   #5932  |  Link
RainyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpy View Post
Dear Atak,

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere. If it has then please could you give me a link to the information.

I used to use RipBot264 quite happily until a few days ago. I think it's a wonderful piece of software. Much better than Handbrake or StaxRip as far as I'm concerned. However after I downloaded the newest version I keep getting this error message whenever I try to load a video file:

As you suggest in "Common problems" I have tried uninstalling all codec packs and then reinstalling AviSynth , Haali Media Spliter , and ffdshow. I even reinstalled WMP 11 but I keep getting this recurring problem.

I have tried using previous versions of RipBot264 which used to work but I still keep getting the same problem.

As it used to work for me and now no longer does, I suspect it is because of something I must have done.

I don't know if it is relevant but when I load a video file the RipBot interface says "[NO AUDIO]" in the audio drop down menu shortly before the error message displays:

Once again, apologies if this has already been addressed.

Thanks,

Valpy
Valpy, does your video file name contain many characters? I ran into the same, or a similar error, awhile back and it was resolved by simply shortening the import file name.
RainyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 15:11   #5933  |  Link
8ternity

Hi Atak,

I've got the same error
"Runtime Error!"

Program: C:\Ripbot264\Tools\avs2avi/avs2avi.exe

Window Title: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

"this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a unsual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."
Old 15th October 2009, 17:10   #5934  |  Link
klopsknoedel

Hi guys,

I have a big problem.
On some BDs, especially "Knowing", the audio won't fit to the video. I've tried to get a backup of that BD but the audio-source to short in proportion to the video-source. this movie is parted in 3 m2ts-files. maybe that's the reason why. is there any feature in RipBot264 where i can select an option to keep these parted files on my avchd and demux and recode them as 3 separat files?

I hope you know what I mean and sorry for my bad english!
klopsknoedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 17:56   #5935  |  Link
PSPNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary H View Post
#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1280,534).Sharpen(0.2)

What does the "Sharpen()" parameter represent? ...what change would result in more sharpness?
These are avisynth internal filters. For sharpen, check out:

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Sharpen

If you are converting DVDs, it is best to not resize at all. Any resize will lower quality. Spline36 is best if you have to resizing up, Bilinear is fastest (and arguably the best) if you are scaling down.

If you would just like to sharpen, then do (I think):
video=Sharpen(video,0.2)
PSPNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 21:50   #5936  |  Link
valpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
Valpy, does your video file name contain many characters? I ran into the same, or a similar error, awhile back and it was resolved by simply shortening the import file name.
Hi RainyDog,

thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately this does not seem to be the problem.

Regards,

Valpy
valpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 21:51   #5937  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@8ternity
avs2avi.exe craches if decoder cannot decode video. (Bug or corrupted source)
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 22:08   #5938  |  Link
wolflop

Question form a german new bee
Ripbot 264 ends encoding after 10 Minutes (Job done.) Result is Bd structure with an 177000 Kb M2ts stream. Original movie length is a 9 GB MKV.

Whats wrong ? please help. Ripbot is the only program i found
which makes perfect BD resized movies in converting mkv to blu ray. i m using windows 7 64 Bit...

Thank you
wolflop

Last edited by wolflop; 15th October 2009 at 22:49.
wolflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 02:10   #5939  |  Link
Preludee01

1. How we use this software in 64bit? 10% faster, would it decrease the video quality if it goes faster?

2. If encoding 720p videos, locking 5000kbps on all videos good? I dont really care about the time it takes. CQ make it 1pass but all KPBS are diferent. Hope you can help. tks alot
Preludee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 12:34   #5940  |  Link
RainyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preludee01 View Post
1. How we use this software in 64bit? 10% faster, would it decrease the video quality if it goes faster?

2. If encoding 720p videos, locking 5000kbps on all videos good? I dont really care about the time it takes. CQ make it 1pass but all KPBS are diferent. Hope you can help. tks alot
1. No. Use the x64 version of x264 if your on a x64 operating system as the only difference will be a speed increase. Quality isn't affected.

2. I personally end up with all my 720p rips between 4500kbps and 7000kbps, and 2-pass lock them down to sizes in 1120mb increments starting at 4480mb for approx. 90min films. But there's many factors that can contribute to why I might increase an average bitrate (and, in turn, file size), such as amount of motion, grain etc. in the video. I personally split my source into 1-2 min clips, run quick encoding tests on a few of those then compare to the source until I get as close to transparency as possible. But I realise most people won't be so anal so, yes, 5000kbps is a generally safe bitrate to use for 720p I'd say.

On the other hand, CQ mode is kind of a more streamlined version of the above process and will adjust the bitrate and file size based on the complexity of your input itself. Hence why you're getting different bitrates for different films/videos.

Hope that helps.
RainyDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360