Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 6th January 2010, 16:13   #4001  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, you're right.

Those of you who wish to test a new build (724), which features Blu-ray re-authoring - check this thread and post the results.

Dean
Old 6th January 2010, 17:33   #4002  |  Link
rotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Yes, you're right.

Those of you who wish to test a new build (724), which features Blu-ray re-authoring - check this thread and post the results.

Dean

Forgot to say that I have found that the output is always 4.0 whether you tick or not tick that option. If you re import the result into tsmuxer you will see thats it still has the flag set to 4.0 even if it was ticked in multiAVCHD.
rotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 17:38   #4003  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, whenever multiAVCHD transcodes a file it does it by 4.0 constraints (no slices).
Old 8th January 2010, 21:42   #4004  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Build 725:

* BLU-RAY DISC RE-AUTHOR MODE
* Some fixes and a lot of speed improvements

About re-author mode check crl2007's guide and read the notes below:

1) Drag/Load a Blu-ray disc folder and answer to the prompt with OK to enter "Blu-ray re-author mode".
2) Wait for the initial scan to complete (a good idea is to 'save' the project once the scan is done - this way you won't have to wait the next time you want to load the folder)
3) Open "Properties" of one of the playlists
4) Re-author your disc by doing at least one of the following:

* Blank 'fbi warnings', extras, intros, etc... (do not change the trim_end value of 1.033 - it has special meaning for blanking)
* Add/remove tracks to your main movie or features
* Cut/Trim END of a feature/main movie
* Transcode main movie or a feature

In Re-author mode it all depends on the changes you will make. In other words - if you don't change anything you will get 1:1 copy of your original blu-ray disc.

You cannot add titles (files, playlists, etc) or remove existing playlists in re-author mode. Once in this mode you can't go back to normal authoring mode and you'll need to restart multiAVCHD.

When you browse the playlists (Compilation box) you will see information if one is marked for blanking, if it contains IGS menu as a main playitem [menu MP], or as a subpath [menu SP]. In the "Playlist" tab you should see information about main playitems, sub playitems and sub-path types and their corresponding files (for IGS and TextST).

You should not blank playlists which contain menu links, but if such a playlist is the main movie or a feature then you can 'remux' it. It will be marked as [ remux ] once you change any of its properties (i.e. cut end or add/remove/reorder tracks or transcode a playlist). An alternative way to blank a playlist, which is linked to a menu or textST subtitle m2ts, is to remux 1 second of it - enter 1 as trim-end. Be careful what you blank, because you may break the main menu.

Once you're done, close "Title properties", click "START" and choose:

* PLAYSTATION 3
* AVCHD disc (for DVD or BD-R)
* Blu-ray

In PS3 mode you'll get output suitable for USB HDD - it means that multiAVCHD will remux all playlists which contain playitems (m2ts) files larger than 4GB.

In AVCHD mode you will get output suitable for burning to DVD or BD-R disc. You may need to remove some folders, depending on your player specific requirements.

In Blu-ray mode you will get the same as AVCHD but with the original index.bdmv file.

Introducing such feature to multiAVCHD aims mainly to make Blu-ray discs playable in Playstation3 using USB HDD (Blu-ray disc to USB HDD) without loosing any features (except the pop-up menu, which is not supported while playing from USB [edit Feb 16th - POP-UP menu works in PS3 when using the [] VIEW button]. If the disc is BD-J authored, Playstation 3 will not play the USB output. If you use Blu-ray mode and burn to BD-R/RE it will work in your Playstation 3.

multiAVCHD's re-author feature is in no way replacement of or can be compared to BD-Rebuilder's features and reliability, and is also not added with an idea for competition. It should be possible to use multiAVCHD re-authored output with BD-Rebuilder, but if you do and have problems state that you used a re-authored copy, but not the original (which would usually mean a problem within multiAVCHD, but not BD-Rebuilder).

Should your re-authored copy is bigger than 25GB BD-R disc you will need to transcode the main movie or blank some audio tracks. Blanking audio can save you few GB. Transcoding has the same functions as in normal authoring mode. Bitrate calculations in re-author mode may not be correct (showing higher MB/GB requirements). Transcoding to lower resolution will not resize internal PGS subtitles to the new resolution.

In re-author mode features as PIP (Picture-in-Picture) are not supported (yet). Blu-ray titles, featuring alternate endings with branched playlists may or may not work as expected (either one branch will work or you will get huge oversize, having both/all versions in the final compilation). I don't have such titles to test with. TextST (subtitles) should work.

In re-author mode you can add/remove audio tracks, convert HD audio to AC3 or use the SD core of HD streams (to save space). You can add SRT/SUB/SUP/ASS/SSA subtitles, too.

Always make sure you have enough free space and that you are using NTFS partitions for TEMP and destination folders (except when using PS3 mode - then destination can be FAT32).

That's about it.

Have in mind that I coded this feature in just few days, so it may not work exactly as expected, but please test it with your Blu-ray titles and get back to me with the results.

Yours as always,
Dean

Last edited by deank; 16th February 2010 at 11:39.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 00:00   #4005  |  Link
rotty

still 4 x longer

Quote:
Yes, whenever multiAVCHD transcodes a file it does it by 4.0 constraints (no slices).
Hi Dean

Tried b725 but the second pass in "2 pass HQ" mode still takes 4 times longer than b717 (same settings)
Old 9th January 2010, 00:19   #4006  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I can't do anything about it. The newer builds introduced P frame prediction (weithgp)... If you find another patched build that works faster - let me know. You can replace the one used with a newer one (but not older without the --weightp support).
Old 9th January 2010, 02:22   #4007  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Although I was a bit distracted with this blu-ray re-author thing I have to let you know that the animated menu is on its way.

There is a small hitch which slows things down (menu navigation won't appear after a title is played or a menu-call is performed from within a title) but I guess I'll get over it.

Some of the features ready:

* use BG audio file
* use picture file + BG audio file
* use video only file
* use video only file + BG audio file
* use video + audio file
* random video excerpts from current title + no audio (with fade transitions) (default for motion menu)
* random video excerpts from current title + BG audio file (with fade transitions)
* custom video excerpts from current title + no audio (with or without fade transitions)
* custom video excerpts from current title + BG audio file (with or without fade transitions)

Each menu/title page can be configured independently from other menu pages or user can use a default (all static or all motion or mixed). It means that you can have few custom (1 static, 1 with BG audio, 1 with motion video and no sound, 1 with motion video+sound, or any mix of these).

In all cases video re-encoding is required to get the menu in 1920x1080@23.976 (or @25fps for PAL). It is slow and requires space (~5 to ~20MB per menu page, depending on the duration and audio). Menu page animation is looped and 15-60 seconds should be quite enough (60 seconds may occupy about 20-25MB and may take couple of minutes to be encoded to h.264 with x264).

Here is a small preview of the default one (random excerpts with fade transition effects + no audio + using the poster image as overlay). (3.8MB m2ts)

It is a bit hard to figure a GUI outlook for all that, but I'll get there, too.

I'll keep you posted.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 9th January 2010 at 14:41.
Old 9th January 2010, 03:52   #4008  |  Link
drelin

Great new

A little question :

With animated Menu features, the next bulid will propose custom menu with audio and subtitle tracks selection ?
drelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 11:25   #4009  |  Link
hoju3508

Is it possible to display more than 12 chapters? Sorry if this has been asked before.
hoju3508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 11:29   #4010  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelin View Post
With animated Menu features, the next bulid will propose custom menu with audio and subtitle tracks selection ?
No, not yet... I'm still thinking of how to implement it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoju3508 View Post
Is it possible to display more than 12 chapters?
No, not at the moment. It is possible to display more than 12, but not possible to navigate to them in the menu.
Old 9th January 2010, 12:44   #4011  |  Link
rotty

b717

Quote:
I can't do anything about it. The newer builds introduced P frame prediction (weithgp)... If you find another patched build that works faster - let me know. You can replace the one used with a newer one (but not older without the --weightp support).
OK Thanks Dean for reply.
Old 9th January 2010, 13:52   #4012  |  Link
rotty

re author

Quote:
Hi Dean

Now that you have added re author, will 2 pass HQ (new x264) 2nd pass also be slow now.
Old 9th January 2010, 14:21   #4013  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Re-author mode does not require x264 or transcoding (unless you want to transcode a feature or the main movie). As I asked - please find a build that works faster and let me know. Until then I can't do anything.
Old 9th January 2010, 16:32   #4014  |  Link
rotty

x264

Quote:
Re-author mode does not require x264 or transcoding (unless you want to transcode a feature or the main movie). As I asked - please find a build that works faster and let me know. Until then I can't do anything.
Hi Dean

Thanks. I wonder what version of x264 BD Rebuilder uses, have just tried it and fast transcode. Dont know how player compatibe it is, have not burned disc yet.

Last time I tried BD Rebuilder, reverse play would not work, not that I need it to do that but must mean some key info was missing.
Old 9th January 2010, 17:36   #4015  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You can find out with x264.exe --version

I think it uses patched 1360 (dec 7th 2009) and patched 1195 (aug 9th 2009)...

multiAVCHD uses patched 1153 (may 24th 2009) and patched 1336 (nov 12th 2009).
Old 9th January 2010, 19:12   #4016  |  Link
hoju3508

dealy capturing images for menu

Hi Dean,

Is it possible to add an option to delay taking a snapshot of the image used for the menu? With a movie like Inglourious Basterds most of chapter changes occur during a fade-to-black scene so that I'm getting a lot of black images.

This delay could be 30 sec to 1 min after the chapter changes.

for your consideration.

-Hoju
hoju3508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 19:45   #4017  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

No, I can't, but you can add chapters at any point and LINK a menu thumbnail to it.

There is a tab "Menu thumbnails". If you select one of the 12 menu thumbnails and one chapter from the box in the top right - you can link both.

Just add some more chapters and you will get what you need Or remove those with blank frames and add new in their place (or use the chapter editor to enter different times). There are so many ways to do what you want.

Last edited by deank; 9th January 2010 at 20:28.
Old 9th January 2010, 21:06   #4018  |  Link
b66pak

@deank you use two versions of tsmuxer...what is the reason?
_
b66pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 21:38   #4019  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Both versions are used for different things. And the older one is used for a retry attempt if the latest fails.
Old 10th January 2010, 14:39   #4020  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yet another web site (probably the 15th now) to report multiAVCHD as safe:

More...

NOD32:
Code:
Scan started at: 01/09/10 11:52:20
632712866212508\multiAVCHD_3.0.exe - OK

Scan completed at: 01/09/10 11:52:20
Scan time: 0 sec (0:00:00)
Total: files - 1, objects 1