Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 20th February 2008, 18:10   #61  |  Link
marco_ooo

first off all thnx for this great guide

just to let you know how i did get good subs in secranist

first i transfer mine srt file from 23.976 to 24 fps
then i used this guide to get good files for secranist i used the color light green
at least i put the time offset here i used the first time from the srt sub

hope it helps
marco_ooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 19:05   #62  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_ooo View Post

then i used this guide to get good files for secranist i used the color light green

hope it helps
how did you transfer your srt from 23.976 to 24?

thanks
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 19:44   #63  |  Link
marco_ooo

oeps forgot to tell

i used Subtitle Workshop 2.51 for it

load srt >>>> change out fps on the side to 24
save the subtitle to a new srt (subrip)

http://www.urusoft.net/download.php?lang=1&id=sw

for the download
marco_ooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 05:25   #64  |  Link
jinkazama6199

first THANKS for this great guide

follow all steps

i have made a bd5 disk form MKV , play with my ps3 is good ,but i can't play with powerdvd , no sound & black screen! but play info show mpeg4 avc and dts

my powerdvd vesion is 7.3 Ultra 3319f

which step i did wrong?

please help me .thanks!!

Last edited by jinkazama6199; 21st February 2008 at 05:35.
jinkazama6199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 15:33   #65  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama6199 View Post

follow all steps

i have made a bd5 disk form MKV , play with my ps3 is good ,but i can't play with powerdvd , no sound & black screen! but play info show mpeg4 avc and dts

which step i did wrong?

please help me .thanks!!
I had to back out that patch for my powerdvd to play bd disks or avchd disks back to 7.2..i am not sure what the 7.3 patch does but it does break BD playback on my computer.

Last edited by jamos; 21st February 2008 at 15:36.
Old 21st February 2008, 20:38   #66  |  Link
XolocoTuxmaster

Quote:

hope it helps
Quote:
oeps forgot to tell

i used Subtitle Workshop 2.51 for it

load srt >>>> change out fps on the side to 24
save the subtitle to a new srt (subrip)

http://www.urusoft.net/download.php?lang=1&id=sw

for the download
Thank you very much

By the way people, Rectal Propalse has released a program which convert HD DVD's sup to bdn (png+xml) fully compatible with scenarist. He's call it hdsup2bdn

For BD's sup to bdn...maybe we could use Supread to export HD DVD's sup and then hdsup2bdn???

Have to update the guide XD

PD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama6199 View Post

follow all steps

which step i did wrong?

please help me .thanks!!
Played at PS3? Did you replaced .bdmv files? If so...PowerDVD just likes the original ones

*Please Confirm theory: If you don't change .bdmv files on the Backup folder, BD players (including PowerDVD) will look there after refusing the PS3's ones and play OK

Last edited by XolocoTuxmaster; 21st February 2008 at 20:41.
XolocoTuxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 01:12   #67  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XolocoTuxmaster View Post
Thank you very much

By the way people, Rectal Propalse has released a program which convert HD DVD's sup to bdn (png+xml) fully compatible with scenarist. He's call it hdsup2bdn

For BD's sup to bdn...maybe we could use Supread to export HD DVD's sup and then hdsup2bdn???

Have to update the guide XD

PD:

Played at PS3? Did you replaced .bdmv files? If so...PowerDVD just likes the original ones

*Please Confirm theory: If you don't change .bdmv files on the Backup folder, BD players (including PowerDVD) will look there after refusing the PS3's ones and play OK
Like i said with the 7.3 patch even with the original .bdmv files it will not play on my computer. 7.2 plays flawlessly with either.
Old 22nd February 2008, 04:27   #68  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

ok just to elaborate on marcos way to import subtitles which works well.

export .srt subtitle from mkv using mkvextract
download subtitleworkshop 2.51 http://www.urusoft.net/download.php?lang=1&id=sw
run subtitleworkshop 2.51 open .srt file exported from mkv with 23.976 selected
change bottom left frame rate drop down to 24
save as srt (double click on the subrip icon)
open subtitleworkshop beta4
open srt saved from subtitleworkshop 2.51
choose file export to custom image format
choose video format tab use either 720 or 1080 and choose non drop frame 23.976
then change the text color in the font to something other than white (green works good)
then click export to create a bdn .xml file
import bdn file (.xml) from scenarist in the data tab
click on clip then go to clip editor PG timeline and right click
choose timeinfo and set the video offset equal to the start of the first subtitle (to get the time of the first subtitle use tool subtitle arranger menu item)

Last edited by jamos; 22nd February 2008 at 19:01.
Old 22nd February 2008, 08:34   #69  |  Link
jinkazama6199

great!!!

subtitle sync is right, but subtitleworkshop4 beta2 can't
change the text color in the font to white, it looks so bad, also choose green looks better

hope update can fix it! so we can make blue-ray subtitle from srt perfect!

PS:
i reintall powerdvd vesion 7.3 3304,bd-5 play well with it! but newer vesion no compatible, older vesion maybe well

Last edited by jinkazama6199; 22nd February 2008 at 08:37.
jinkazama6199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:27   #70  |  Link
jm9843

Code:
*On a DVD:
--PS3: Change index.bdmv and Movieobject.bdmv (in \BDMV and \BDMV\BACKUP\) for the Nero ones and burn BDMV folder on a DVD with UDF 2.5 format.
--No AVCHD compatible BD players: Just burn BDMV folder on it?
A general question:

Has anyone tested all of these scenarios yet? It'd be nice to burn a BD-5/9 that can play back on the PS3, AVCHD compatible BD players, and non AVCHD compatible BD players.

Concerning the Panasonic BD-30:

Has anyone successfully played a BD-5/9 on this player? Did you need to use the nero versions of index.bdmv and Movieobject.bdmv?

Thanks.

Last edited by jm9843; 22nd February 2008 at 15:28. Reason: typo
jm9843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 17:02   #71  |  Link
XolocoTuxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
Code:
*On a DVD:
--PS3: Change index.bdmv and Movieobject.bdmv (in \BDMV and \BDMV\BACKUP\) for the Nero ones and burn BDMV folder on a DVD with UDF 2.5 format.
--No AVCHD compatible BD players: Just burn BDMV folder on it?
A general question:

Has anyone tested all of these scenarios yet? It'd be nice to burn a BD-5/9 that can play back on the PS3, AVCHD compatible BD players, and non AVCHD compatible BD players.

Concerning the Panasonic BD-30:

Has anyone successfully played a BD-5/9 on this player? Did you need to use the nero versions of index.bdmv and Movieobject.bdmv?

Thanks.
That's why I wanted to know if changing .bdmv at BDMV folder BUT KEEPING the BACKUP folder ones...BD players will look there (BACKUP) after refusing the BDMV's ones and play OK
Old 22nd February 2008, 17:12   #72  |  Link
jm9843

Quote:
That's why I wanted to know if changing .bdmv at BDMV folder BUT KEEPING the BACKUP folder ones...BD players will look there (BACKUP) after refusing the BDMV's ones and play OK
I thought that was what you meant, but thanks for clarifying.

I can test this on a Panny BD-30 over the weekend, but I'm not sure what it'll tell us. Reason being that the BD-30 supports AVCHD at least from flash memory, so it might treat the disc as the PS3 does.
jm9843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 18:54   #73  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

I can confirm on the PS3 if you do not change the BDMV files with the nero ones the player sees it as a data disk. Once you replace them (you can leave the backup alone) in the stream directory the PS3 plays them flawlessly.

Last edited by jamos; 22nd February 2008 at 19:02.
Old 23rd February 2008, 15:00   #74  |  Link
NorthPole

@XolocoTuxmaster

Thanks for the great guide!

Quote:
Resolution must be standard and fps 24p, 50i or 60i
Scenarist allowed me to generate a blu ray disk at 23.976 fps but not at 29.970 fps.

I haven't burned it yet to disk but I am going to later today and will know soon if it works.

I had a couple of questions?

I plan on using the new version of imgburn. It has an option for udf 2.5 and udf 2.6. Does it matter which one I use. Also are there any other setting that I should worry about?

On your blu ray x264 profile... Your using a CPB of 30,000 and a max of 38,000. I think that the max should be less or equal to the CPB. Also, do you think for a target bitrate of 8000 that a spike could reach 30,000. Maybe the level 4.0 limits would be OK, which are CPB = 25,000 kbps and vbr max = 20,000 kbps. Or are the limit you set required for blu ray and/or ps3 compliance?

Last edited by NorthPole; 23rd February 2008 at 15:02.
NorthPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 15:39   #75  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPole View Post
@XolocoTuxmaster

Thanks for the great guide!

Scenarist allowed me to generate a blu ray disk at 23.976 fps but not at 29.970 fps.

I haven't burned it yet to disk but I am going to later today and will know soon if it works.

I had a couple of questions?

I plan on using the new version of imgburn. It has an option for udf 2.5 and udf 2.6. Does it matter which one I use. Also are there any other setting that I should worry about?
use build mode drag the BDMV folder into the left and choose udf 2.5 or 2.6 and burn with imburn(safe to just use 2.5). If your using a dvd make sure to replace the files in the bdmv folder with the nero ones.

Quote:
On your blu ray x264 profile... Your using a CPB of 30,000 and a max of 38,000. I think that the max should be less or equal to the CPB. Also, do you think for a target bitrate of 8000 that a spike could reach 30,000. Maybe the level 4.0 limits would be OK, which are CPB = 25,000 kbps and vbr max = 20,000 kbps. Or are the limit you set required for blu ray and/or ps3 compliance?
leave those settings alone it works fine on bluray/ps3 and if you adjust them too low they wont load into scenarist. you just need to adjust the average bitrate down to get it to fit on your disk if you need to.

Last edited by jamos; 23rd February 2008 at 15:41.
Old 23rd February 2008, 16:15   #76  |  Link
NorthPole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
use build mode drag the BDMV folder into the left and choose udf 2.5 or 2.6 and burn with imburn(safe to just use 2.5). If your using a dvd make sure to replace the files in the bdmv folder with the nero ones.
Thanks... I'll do that.

I did adjust the settings down on a couple of tests that I ran so then I ran a full length 720p 2h11min movie @ 23.976fps. I used the constant quality mode with a quantizier of 29 and CPB and Max vbr of 9,000, Level 4.0. Scenarist accepted them OK and generated the disc.

I swapped the files with the nero ones and I'm going to burn it. Will let you know how it works. Won't know for about a week or so if it works cuz I don't have a player yet... but a friend does.
Old 23rd February 2008, 16:27   #77  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Thanks... I'll do that.

I did adjust the settings down on a couple of tests that I ran so then I ran a full length 720p 2h11min movie @ 23.976fps. I used the constant quality mode with a quantizier of 29 and CPB and Max vbr of 9,000, Level 4.0. Scenarist accepted them OK and generated the disc.

I swapped the files with the nero ones and I'm going to burn it. Will let you know how it works. Won't know for about a week or so if it works cuz I don't have a player yet... but a friend does.

if scenarist will accept it then I am sure it should play well. player must be AVCHD compliant to play nero file but you should be ok if you left your origianal files alone in you backup directory for other bluray players.
Old 23rd February 2008, 16:49   #78  |  Link
NorthPole

Yep... I left the files in the backup subdirectory untouched. Just copied the two nero files to the main BDMV folder. Will let you know how it worked.
Old 24th February 2008, 14:33   #79  |  Link
XolocoTuxmaster

Quote:
Check if the video has the interlace flags on, if it does it have to work[/QUOTE]
Quote:

Use 2.5, if you use 2.6 old (firmware) players won't read it.
Quote:
As I said...you can set lower values to those parameters...38000 and 30000 are the maximum.

About the 8000...it could, but having high peaks you would also have "low (500-4000) peaks"...If you don't want "low peaks"=low quality, limit the maximum quantizer (ie --qpmax 26,--qpmax 32). Then video will go to low bitrates just if higher ones are not necessary for an acceptable quality

Quote:
Yep... I left the files in the backup subdirectory untouched. Just copied the two nero files to the main BDMV folder. Will let you know how it worked.
Thanks

@ All you people
Pelican9 has released a new supread version that outputs bdn...

Last edited by XolocoTuxmaster; 24th February 2008 at 14:36.
Old 24th February 2008, 17:02   #80  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
@ All you people
Pelican9 has released a new supread version that outputs bdn...
yes tested it it exports fine have not used it in scen yet will get back to see if it works.

edit: scenarist stops responding when importing it so there is a bug in the xml.

Last edited by jamos; 24th February 2008 at 19:48.