Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd September 2002, 18:49   #1  |  Link
Markbo98

Problem With DvdDecryptor Stream Processing

I was attempting to convert my NTSC copy of "Training Day" to a Dvd-5.

I stripped all 5 PGC's using the IfoMode of DvdDecryptor 3.1.2.0. I clicked "Enable Stream Processing", and "Demux' to strip the Warner studio elementary M2V video stream. When I imported this file into Scenarist, I received "Warning : Number of SequenceEndCode is 0". It appears there's a compliance issue with this file (end of file marker missing?).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, when I strip out an elementary AC3 stream, why does it get a VOB extension instead of an AC3 extension?

I love the GUI in DvdDecryptor, it far and away the easiest ripper to use.
Markbo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2002, 20:22   #2  |  Link
LIGHTNING UK!
Author of ImgBurn

I cant say as I've ever heard of the problem before.
I'd try it myself, but im still trying to save up the $37,000 to buy scenarist

The reason it gets that extension is because you're not selecting 'Demux' for EACH stream.
You need to select them one by one and click them over to demux if that is what you want. Checking the checkbox does NOT highlight it, you need to click on the text.
Give it a try, im sure you'll see what I mean.
All stream processing options are done on a per stream basis.
You can have 1 demuxing, 1 direct stream copy, 2 raw etc..

Last edited by LIGHTNING UK!; 2nd September 2002 at 20:24.
LIGHTNING UK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2002, 21:36   #3  |  Link
Markbo98

I'd try it myself, but im still trying to save up the $37,000 to buy scenarist

Well, I guess I better start donating to DVDDecryptor then!

It appears there's a compliance issue with this file (end of file marker missing?).

I searched around and found this site. It explains that the M2V stream was not terminated correctly. I added the value 01B7 to the end of the M2V stream and the warning went away.

http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/multime...-r_rw_tips.htm

"DVD-compliant Mpeg-2 data streams should be terminated with a 32-bit value of 01B7 (hex). Many encoders, do not terminate the stream with this value. ReelDVD is simply indicating that it detected a "0" terminated stream. This is not a problem and will have no effect on the final authored DVD. Simply ignore this message."

So this wasn't the reason the stream didn't work for me. I believe the MPEG2 header on the file that states the beginning time, e.g. 00:00:00:00. The DVDDecryptor file I stripped didn't start at 00:00:00:00, even after trying VstripGUI (same problem). I was forced to transcode the stream, and then it was ok. (This value is set in the Mpeg2 encoder).

Do you know of a way to set the header to 00:00:00:00 without transcoding, or is this a post for another forum?

Thanks!
Markbo98 is offline   Reply With Quote