Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th July 2008, 15:43   #281  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k View Post
Sorry, another issue/question. I've added subtitles to my movie - and selected to hard-code them. However, when I test playback in PowerDVD, I end up with two subtitles - 1 hard-coded and 1 which is user selectable (which I can turn off) over the top (slightly out of time to the other). Any ideas?
Well, it is not really an issue... It is a bug. If hard-encoded is selected, no standard subs should appear. Will fix it.

What do you mean by "slightly out of time to the other"?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 15:50   #282  |  Link
rendez2k

Hi MrC - for some reason it appeared that the hard coded subtitles appeared at a slightly different time to the normal subtitles. Not sure which was correct through.

Also, if you have any alpha versions, there always good to play with and provide feedback for!
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 16:05   #283  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Yes you can. By toggling off "Auto Video Setup" in Edit Title and selecting video profile you prefer.
AVStoDVD selects the best profile looking at the bitrate. In 'Settings'/'Video' you can customize the (3) bitrate levels for the (3) video profile.

For more explanations, see the Help section (press F1) or read this post in AVStoDVD forum @Sourceforge
While I understand this a little better now, a few things spring to mind. Firstly, I'm not a fan of QuEnc due to some odd issues and encodes in the past. I now only use HCEnc for all my encodes (it also works quickly on my quad core) so can QuEnc be disabled? Also, maybe the predicted bitrate and encoder/method could be displayed on the main screen without me having to jump into the edit tile menu?
Old 7th July 2008, 22:00   #284  |  Link
fedeeee

Hi, I think I've found a little bug, at least on my pc...
After selecting source video file, and press the button "Preview file output", if I select "Goto frame..." and then press "Cancel", the program crashes with a "Run-time error 13: type mismatch".
Can anyone reproduce it?
Bye
fedeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 22:03   #285  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedeeee View Post
After selecting source video file, and press the button "Preview file output", if I select "Goto frame..." and then press "Cancel", the program crashes with a "Run-time error 13: type mismatch".
Can anyone reproduce it?
Bye
Yup, same here. Its a bug!
Old 7th July 2008, 23:57   #286  |  Link
wg

Tried to run AVStoDVD on Ubuntu Hardy using wine, with little success, it won't open. I have installed all the requirements, still no luck. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
wg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 15:33   #287  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedeeee View Post
Can anyone reproduce it?
Bye
It is a bug. Thanks for the feedback. Will be fixed in next release.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 10th July 2008, 15:37   #288  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
While I understand this a little better now, a few things spring to mind. Firstly, I'm not a fan of QuEnc due to some odd issues and encodes in the past. I now only use HCEnc for all my encodes (it also works quickly on my quad core) so can QuEnc be disabled? Also, maybe the predicted bitrate and encoder/method could be displayed on the main screen without me having to jump into the edit tile menu?
It can be disabled. Follow these steps:
- Go to 'Settings'/'Encoding'
- Select 'QuEnc CBR 1-pass'
- Put 'Lower bitrate level' to 9000

Done! Simple, isn't it?

You can also customize bitrate levels for 'HCenc OPV 1-pass' and 'HCenc VBR 2-pass'.

Ah, do not forget to check 'Save current settings as default' before exiting from Settings window.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 10th July 2008, 15:44   #289  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg View Post
Tried to run AVStoDVD on Ubuntu Hardy using wine, with little success, it won't open. I have installed all the requirements, still no luck. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for feedback about Ubuntu compliance. But I cannot reproduce it, since I do not have Linux installed, and I do not mention Linux as OS supported by AVStoDVD, which is a Win32 program developped with good old VB6 (launched in 1996...).

Mabye does Wine lack VB6 runtime libraries?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 10th July 2008, 15:51   #290  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Hi MrC - for some reason it appeared that the hard coded subtitles appeared at a slightly different time to the normal subtitles. Not sure which was correct through.
I have simulated what you pointed out, and yes, the out of phase is present, but really unnoticeable (much less than 1 second). Btw, with bug fixing, that issue will disappear as well.

Quote:
Also, if you have any alpha versions, there always good to play with and provide feedback for!
Will publish it within one week. Now I am on vacation and I am waiting for some feedbacks from Sir Dydimus which is testing BatchMux (really a great wrapper) implementation/usage to create DVD Menus with AVStoDVD.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 10th July 2008, 20:21   #291  |  Link
rendez2k

Brilliant news! Many thanks Mr C! One other question, is it possible to put HCEnc into 'good' profile rather than 'best'?
Old 14th July 2008, 09:13   #292  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
One other question, is it possible to put HCEnc into 'good' profile rather than 'best'?
What do you exactly mean?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 14th July 2008, 09:40   #293  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
What do you exactly mean?

Bye
HCEnc has 3 encoding profiles. It currently appears to be set to 'best' (which takes the longest time to encode). Is it just a simple job of changing hc.ini?
Old 14th July 2008, 14:59   #294  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
HCEnc has 3 encoding profiles. It currently appears to be set to 'best' (which takes the longest time to encode). Is it just a simple job of changing hc.ini?
Ok, got it. HCenc accepts "FAST", "NORMAL" and "BEST" profile. In AVStoDVD, since QuEnc is adopted for *easy* encoding, I have hard-coded "BEST" profile for HCenc, which is adopted for *difficult* encoding.

I'm not plannig to put an option to customize HCenc profile, at least it is not on top of my ToDo list.

And I fear that grabbing HCenc ini file (created by AVStoDVD and stored in Temp folder) is not very easy because there is no time span between ini creation and usage...

Let me know if I have answered to your question.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 14th July 2008, 16:25   #295  |  Link
rendez2k

I'd normally only use best, but if I want to do a fast test or something I'm not really bothered about, I'd have liked the option to change the profile.

It appears I need to edit hc.ini for another reason (as discussed in the HC forum here for a problem I've been having)

Quote:
For the first time, I noticed an error with HCEnc yesterday, ERROR, source mismatch in pass 2 starting at frame: 0
Quote:
It's probably your Direct Show decoder that does not support frame accurate seeking as the error message means that the first frame in the first pass is different form the first frame in the second pass.

You could try to fix it by enabling the reload Avisynth switch in HCEnc. It was made for these kinds of errors.
Which means I need to add *AVSRELOAD to hc.ini

Last edited by rendez2k; 14th July 2008 at 18:25.
Old 15th July 2008, 15:38   #296  |  Link
Sir Didymus

For people interested in adding custom initialisations to the encodes based on HCenc, Darksoul71 has just released a very interesting wrapper for HCenc. See here the details:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139277

However I did not perform any test on my own (at least up to this moment...) of AVStoDVD + HCWrap...

Cheers,
SD

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 15th July 2008 at 15:41.
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 16:03   #297  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
For people interested in adding custom initialisations to the encodes based on HCenc, Darksoul71 has just released a very interesting wrapper for HCenc. See here the details:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139277

However I did not perform any test on my own (at least up to this moment...) of AVStoDVD + HCWrap...

Cheers,
SD
Thanks - might do the trick. I'll give it a test when I get home.
Old 15th July 2008, 16:04   #298  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
It appears I need to edit hc.ini for another reason (as discussed in the HC forum here for a problem I've been having)

Which means I need to add *AVSRELOAD to hc.ini
*AVSRELOAD is already present by default in HC ini files generated by AVStoDVD.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 15th July 2008, 16:13   #299  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Go to AVStoDVD homepage.

You will find a shy (risky?) try to grow up.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 15th July 2008, 16:16   #300  |  Link
rendez2k

2.10! May I ask whats new :-)