Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 19th August 2006, 03:55   #2521  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

uhm... i guess the compile.bat didnt get updated...
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2006, 05:30   #2522  |  Link
berrinam

Fixed in revision 40. Also disabled warnings in compile.bat, so errors are more clearly visible.
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2006, 12:36   #2523  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@berrinam: unfortunately, there will be at least another update to the productive branch.. I've already made some bugfixes and enhancements (muxpathfinding never took chapters into account) before your merge and the subtitle integration into the one clicker is already quite advanced.

And, do you have an answer to this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...315#post864315 (it's about checking for YV12.. I can't find that check).
Old 19th August 2006, 13:15   #2524  |  Link
berrinam

Well I've unfortunately removed the previous branch. Since merging is somewhat a pain, perhaps you can zip your entire working copy (including the .svn folders) when you're finished, and then PM it to me? Then, I can merge it.
Old 19th August 2006, 14:03   #2525  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

The Update Copier compile.bat is empty and the UpdateCopier folder is not in trunk (?!?). However what about a global compile.bat?

@doom9: could you please send me your folder as well? I have to re-do a massive work on the mono port and the old source will help me with the transition to the berrinam's refactor.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 19th August 2006 at 14:18.
Old 19th August 2006, 22:19   #2526  |  Link
berrinam

Sharktooth: Do you have any tips for us so we can ease the mono port for you? Classes to avoid using, etc....

Also, I don't actually see this as the end of all the code changes, so I don't know if it is wise to work on porting this to mono yet.

I took all extra projects out of the trunk so that I could use /recurse:*.cs for the compile.bat in megui. The distinction also seems appropriate, considering that the update copier is indeed a different application, and doesn't use any of the same code.
Old 19th August 2006, 23:58   #2527  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

My changes are based on the standard tree.. so all you need to do is get a working copy of the current tree... that is assuming I can still do a commit next time. I actually have to experiement somewhat before adding the vobsub functionality
Old 20th August 2006, 04:00   #2528  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
Sharktooth: Do you have any tips for us so we can ease the mono port for you? Classes to avoid using, etc....

Also, I don't actually see this as the end of all the code changes, so I don't know if it is wise to work on porting this to mono yet.
I think i will freeze the port until we get definitive structures.
Tips? .NET 1.1 compatible code and avoid windows specific stuff... but at this point i guess it's not possible
Old 20th August 2006, 06:34   #2529  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
My changes are based on the standard tree.. so all you need to do is get a working copy of the current tree... that is assuming I can still do a commit next time. I actually have to experiement somewhat before adding the vobsub functionality
Well.... I've merged my changes into the main tree, so it probably won't be so easy for you to commit, considering that the folder structure is now quite different, and some code has been moved around, etc. Since I've already done a merge and I also know the code in the refactor, I figure that I would probably be able to merge your changes in most easily.
Old 20th August 2006, 12:40   #2530  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

ok, I'll upload a zipped copy of all sources when I'm done.
Old 20th August 2006, 14:31   #2531  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

I updated the compile-updatecopier.bat file so it does something (it was empty).
Old 20th August 2006, 21:50   #2532  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

just to make sure... do we still have the stable tree so that if any bugfixes are neede for that, we can keep on compiling and use that three for the autoupdate and distribute builds on the refactored changes manually until the point where we decide to label it stable?
Old 21st August 2006, 08:13   #2533  |  Link
berrinam

I have just made two tags in in the tags directory: 2188 and 2189. I believe they are the two bugfixing versions, so we can distribute them with any bugfixes required. The reason I put both in is because I don't know whether we want Doom9's new form of profile selection or not in what is meant to be a stable version (considering it is a new feature).
Old 21st August 2006, 13:04   #2534  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

2191 was the latest bugfix version.
2192 the vobsub stuff was added.
so latest tag should be 2192 (rev31).
However 2192 clean sources are here: http://mirror05.x264.nl/Sharktooth/M...UI.src.2192.7z
Also, i would propose to change the MeGUI versioning adding the SVN revision.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 21st August 2006 at 13:31.
Old 21st August 2006, 13:38   #2535  |  Link
berrinam

I don't see the point of MeGUI versioning coinciding with SVN versioning. If we always write the version number for changes in the log message when committing, then we should have no problem working out which version is which. However, a purely revision-based system doesn't allow us to say which are stable, etc.

Doom9 added some stuff in 2190 (AutoEncode defaults) which isn't really tested much yet, so I think it shouldn't be part of a tagged line (note that by tags I mean a line which is pretty much ready for the user, and we don't plan to develop except for bugfixes). It's very easy to make tags from old revisions, though, so if we find it necessary to revive a tag from 2192, then we can do it later if we so decide. Suffice it to say that SVN keeps enough info to handle our needs.

Last edited by berrinam; 21st August 2006 at 13:46.
Old 21st August 2006, 14:02   #2536  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

2192 is already distributed thru the autoupdate. So if it's not stable (i doubt it though, coz i use it almost every day) we'll know it soon...

Last edited by Sharktooth; 21st August 2006 at 14:05.
Old 21st August 2006, 19:05   #2537  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

look at my tentative changelog for the next version... it contains a bugfix, too: (overcropped preview)

Commit by Doom9
- Adaptive muxer now takes chapter files into account (divxmux currently doesn't support chapters)
- One click mode now takes chapter files into account
- Added a button to delete the chapter file in one click mode
- Restructured the AviSynth window so that cropping is no longer possible once we switched from show input to preview mode
Old 21st August 2006, 19:55   #2538  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

2192 is now in tags directory so you can commit your changes over it.
Old 21st August 2006, 20:34   #2539  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

do I have to reconfigure tortoisesvn somehow?
And I'm actually not done.. I need to do some vobsub muxing tests to figure out if my planned oneclick gui changes really play out (e.g. what happens if a .sub file contains multiple track.. and how to set the language in such a case).
Old 22nd August 2006, 02:09   #2540  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

You can do it in several different ways.
One of them is to relocate function or just modify the files in the 2192 tag directory and then commit...

Tags
development, megui, not a help thread