Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 7th April 2003, 00:25   #21  |  Link
Dropbear

Quote:
If the miniDVD is not correctly burned, and sectors are not OK, PowerDVD could still be able to read it, and a settop cannot; but if you are using Coujo's Image Tools (Classic or Burning, whichever you want) this is not the case.
Actually... (blush) I just used nero to create a straight blank ISO, copied the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories and went with that.. is that not a proper way to "burn" a mini-dvd?
Old 7th April 2003, 22:47   #22  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

@dropbear

I am sure there are some threads taking about problems with nero, but currently search button is not working (at least for me).

Although in the past I tried to follow Derrows' guide to burn directly with Nero, I had no success (sure I've did something wrong, may be Nero's version), so I always use the following procedure, which also allows to test before burn:
a) Create an Image with Coujo's Classic Tool
b) Mount it with Daemon-tools
c) Test with powerDVD
d) Burn with Nero (CD to CD copy)

But, remember, there are few players able to play miniDVDs.

BTW, could you give me some feedback about the status of your audio problem?

Cheers.
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2003, 00:24   #23  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Hi all,

I have done some tests with frame selection. As I said in other thread (Autoit problems under winXP ), I’ve never used it before, but it is a very nice feature.

Unfortunately it is not so easy to manage this feature in mdvdauth, because it is possible to select two or three or even more clips. Audio is (obviously) also split in the selected number of files, so it should be taken into account.

So, at least for the moment, do not use frame selection with mdvdauth.

Cheers

Last edited by jsoto; 17th April 2003 at 00:28.
Old 17th April 2003, 00:37   #24  |  Link
Dropbear

For interests sake, the mini-DVD's work fine on an XBOX with XBOX media player 2.3
Old 21st April 2003, 15:37   #25  |  Link
THXex

your plugin seems not to work for me

i installed everthing like the readme said but its not authoring the minidvd, there are no created disk1, 2, 3 folders
THXex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2003, 16:54   #26  |  Link
Holomatrix
Still Kick'n

Quote:
Originally posted by Dropbear
For interests sake, the mini-DVD's work fine on an XBOX with XBOX media player 2.3
Well that's good to know Thanks for sharing. I was contemplating on either getting an XBOX or PS2 and since we're on the subject Does anyone know if they play on the PS2?
Holomatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2003, 18:21   #27  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

@THXex
Please look into mdvdauth_log.txt. If you are not able to not see the problem, please post it.

@Holomatrix
As I said in my first post, I've had NO success in a PS2. But there are some different models, and may be the mod chips change the default behaviour...
The PS2 I test is a SCPH-30004, without any mod chip.

Cheers
Old 29th April 2003, 18:56   #28  |  Link
winxi
Moderator & Mediator

Hi jsoto!

Today i´ve tried out your plugin, but it doesn´t seem to work properly. At the point, IfoEdit ís closed, mdvdauth.exe stops and simply doesn´t continue. The root folder contains the correct video_ts folder, but the cdx folders are empty. I´ve tested it with just the first chapter of a DVD. Since my player supports miniDVDs it would be great to make it run. Here are the logs:

[mdvdauth_log.txt]:
--------------------------------------------------------
transcodeac3: starting transcodeac3 at 17:59:51
transcodeac3: Executing "F:\DVDRip\DVD2SVCD\mdvdauth\delayac3.exe" -info "Extracted_audio_1.ac3"
transcodeac3: Processing delay=0 gain=max ac3mod=3/2 from bitrate=448 to bitrate=384 transcode=0
transcodeac3: Copying F:\DVDRip\test8\Extracted_audio_1.ac3 to F:\DVDRip\test8\Encoded_audio_1.ac3
transcodeac3: Finished with ERRORLEVEL=0

transcodeac3: starting transcodeac3 at 18:00:06
transcodeac3: Executing "F:\DVDRip\DVD2SVCD\mdvdauth\delayac3.exe" -info "Extracted_audio_2.ac3"
transcodeac3: Processing delay=0 gain=max ac3mod=3/2 from bitrate=448 to bitrate=384 transcode=0
transcodeac3: Copying F:\DVDRip\test8\Extracted_audio_2.ac3 to F:\DVDRip\test8\Encoded_audio_2.ac3
transcodeac3: Finished with ERRORLEVEL=0

----------------------------------------------------
mdvdauth: starting mdvdauth at 18:07:29
----------------------------------------------------
mdvdauth: Calculating chapters using fixed chapters of 30 secs...

mdvdauth: Starting VobEdit in F:\DVDRip\test8
mdvdauth: at time: 18:07:32
mdvdauth: Finished VobEdit at time: 18:08:06

mdvdauth: Starting IfoEdit in F:\DVDRip\test8
mdvdauth: Starting muxing at time: 18:09:37

[delayac3.log]:
[ac3info]
Bitrate=448
Fsample=48.0
AC3mode=3/2
FileSize=16051389
BytesPerFrame=1792
TotalFrames=8957
FrameDuration=32.26
OriginalDuration=00:04:46.631
[Fixedac3info]
NotFixedDelay=0.00
FixedDuration=00:04:46.631
StartFramesAdded=0
EndFramesAdded=0
Rest= Error: There are uncomplete frames

[CellTimes.txt]:

Another thing:
Your plugin comes with the file mdvdauth_cd.ini. I edited it and renamed it to mdvdauth.ini, but it didn´t work, because of the typo

: CopyVideoAttr=1 means copy video IFO attr. All other value means do not copy.

Instead of the ':' it should be ';'.
Also, i think, the line

IfoEditTitle=IfoEdit v0.95

(under Window Titles) should be

IfoEditTitle=IfoEdit v0.94

because it´s the window name of IfoEdit095. Suggestion for the future: Why don´t automate the process of making images?

greets, winxi

Last edited by winxi; 29th April 2003 at 19:08.
winxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2003, 19:15   #29  |  Link
THXex

to jsoto:
it would be very useful to know which versions of the dvd2svcd program you´ve used and which versions of the supporting (included) programs like besweet and ... you have used.

it´s still not working for me.

with the newest version of dvd2svcd there´s almost nothing happening very much after starting to proceed the software got stuck and nothings going on any more.

therefore i tried the older version but still there´s no creating of the subfolders disk1 and disk2 and there is no authoring at all, ifoedit is not starting.
Old 30th April 2003, 00:05   #30  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

First af all, thanks for your reports.

@winxi

A few comments about your audio logs:

A) Seems you have selected “Audio downsamole 48->44.1”, which means do not transcode, and you have selected two tracks. The “problem" is that the original bitrate is 448 and dvd2svcd will calculate file sizes with 384 (the maximum bit rate available in the combo box), so you will have to take it (manually) into account in the CD size, if not, the resulting files will not fit in the CDs.

B) Unfortunately delayac3.log is overwritten during the processing of the second track, so we do not know if Extracted_audio_1.ac3 is OK or not. But, there is a problem in the second track (or may be a bug of delayac3.exe…)
Quote:
FileSize=16051389
BytesPerFrame=1792
TotalFrames=8957
Rest= Error: There are uncomplete frames
Seems there is an uncomplete frame at the end of the ac3 file. It is not so important. Moreover, you are using just the same file, (because you have selected no transcoding and delay is cero, so nothing has to be comnpensated).
For your info: delayac3 reads the file size, and the file header to know the bitrate. Then, it calculates the framesize according to the standard (fixed with fsample and bitrate). So file_size/framesize MUST be an exact integer (this is not your case)

Please verify if FileSize=16051389 bytes is your file size reported in windows (To be sure if there is a bug in delayac3.exe or not) Also you can check your file with ac3 delay corrector in order to see if reflects the same values...

C) Are you testing with a 5 minutes PGC?. Really? (16MB at 448k less than 5 minutes…). Celltimes.txt gives the same result…

Quote:
: CopyVideoAttr=1 means copy video IFO attr. All other value means do not copy.
Instead of the ':' it should be ';'.
Ooops, sorry. You are right.

Quote:
IfoEditTitle=IfoEdit v0.95
(under Window Titles) should be
IfoEditTitle=IfoEdit v0.94
No, 0.95 is correct (and the only one supported).
There is a “bug/mistery” in Ifoedit 0.95. Sometimes it starts with a title 0.94, Read this

I believe your main problem is the last one (Ifoedit title)

About your suggestion: I´ve started to do this job, but currently it is in the TODO list (create an image takes only a few time with Coujo's tools).

@THXex
I am using the last dvd2svcd release 1.1.3 build 2, but , in the recent past I´ve used 1.1.1 build 2.
Also, I`ve got the same results with BeSweet 1.4 (release) and 1.5 (several betas), so now, I am using the one included in the bundle 1.5b16, but be aware about gain bug in ac3enc (you can compensate it a litle bit adding some gain like 12 or 18, but, probably, azid output will be saturated in some points).

Please post your mdvdauth_log.txt. If you do not find it, please post your mdvdauth.ini

Greets.

Last edited by jsoto; 30th April 2003 at 00:39.
Old 30th April 2003, 10:12   #31  |  Link
winxi
Moderator & Mediator

Hello!

I tried the suggestion of the linked thread and deleted c:\windows\ifoedit.ini and changed the line in your ini back to
IfoEditTitle=IfoEdit v0.95.
Now it worked fine. Maybe a option in your program to delete c:\windows\ifoedit.ini before starting it would be quite helpful.

Btw, I checked the file size of the audio file and it was ok, so it isn´t a bug in delayac3.exe.

Thanks for the plugin!

greets, winxi
Old 30th April 2003, 21:17   #32  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

EDIT 4 May
The right sentence seems to be (with two backslash)
IfNotEqual,CharRight, \\ , Goto, DoNotTrim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Adge has found (and solved) one bug in mdvdauth. Thanks Adge!!
Seems it is time to produce a new release...

The code introduced in 0.22 to solve the backslash issue does not work. So do not select "folder structure" in Misc tab, or correct and recompile the scripts

Here is his mail
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus,

My apologies for mailing to you directly, but the Doom9 forum will not allow me to post for another 5 days.

I am using your miniDVD plugin for DVD2SVCD (for a cheap Pacific 1020 DVD player - plays everything) but I am a little puzzled.

At first it would not work at all: as soon as it got to "transcodeac3.exe", AutoIt would give an error message saying that it could not execute the file. It suggested that slashes may be the problem.

So I downloaded AutoIt to learn how to use it, and decompiled your scripts (yes, I know you included them but I wanted to be sure there was no mistake). And I think I've found a bug in mdvdauth.

In both transcodeac3 and mdvdauth you have the following code:

IniRead, Folder_read, %dvd2svcd%\\dvd2svcd.ini,
Folders, Audio Folder
SetEnv, WorkingDir, %Folder_read%
StringRight,CharRight,Folder_read,1
IfEqual,CharRight, \ , Goto, DoNotTrim
StringTrimRight, WorkingDir, Folder_read, 1
DoNotTrim:

I guess that this is to handle the trailing '\' that sometimes appears on the folder in dvd2svcd.ini. But is seems to me to be the wrong way round. If there is a '\' detected it should invoke StringTrimRight, but as you can see above it only trims if the '\' is NOT present!

I believe the fourth line above should be

IfNotEqual,CharRight, \ , Goto, DoNotTrim

I have changed mine, recompiled and it now works - and I have made some excellent miniDVDs.

What puzzles me, however, is how it ever worked at all. Other respondents seem not to have a problem. Or are they using old versions? (you seem to suggest that this code was introduced in 0.2.2).

Or have I got it completely wrong?

Anyway, thanks for a great plugin to a great tool.

BTW, another teeny bug: line 489 of mdvdauth.aut says
; Focus on Get VTS sectors DVD\TEMP\VIDEO_TS
.. I think it should be VD\ROOT\VIDEO_TS

Adge

Last edited by jsoto; 4th May 2003 at 21:52.
Old 4th May 2003, 22:41   #33  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

mdvdauth023 is released

Hi all,

I have finished a new release, still not deeply tested, but because some users are affected by the backslash issue, here it is. Please download from mdvdauth023.zip

I am still a little bit unsure about:
- “folder structure” in D2S.
- delayac3 error fixing …

Any feedback will be appreciated.

This is the changelog (included in readme.txt, as usual):
0.2.3:
- Bug Fix: Backslash issue when trimming folder names (second attempt)
- Improvement: Check & fix CRC errors in delayac3 (using part of Fabrice Bellard code)
- Improvement: Check & fix uncompleted frames in delayac3
- Improvement: Complete support of folder structure (Misc Tab in dvd2svcd GUI)
- Improvement: Create images with ImgTool Classic 0.90. CDLabel is taken as VOLUME ID and destination folder is selected in CD Image tab.
- Improvement: Increase ifoedit & Vobedit speed using progress window position trick by Y coordinate setting in mdvdauth.ini
- Others: Do not check Vobedit presence if Subs=0
- Others: delayac3.log renamed to delayac3_%number%.log and delayac3_info_%number%.log
- Others: Correction of a wrong comment in mdvdauth.aut
- Others: Delete key WD in Ifoedit.ini, to avoid Ifoedit starting with Ifoedit 0.94 title.
- Others: Correction of a wrong character in mdvdauth_cd.ini

@dvd2svcd
Could you clarify me the following point?.
In dvd2svcd.ini there is a key in “settings” group for each folder of “folder structure”, but in “Folders” group there are some different keys. Specifically, I would like to know where the following files will be located:
dvd2svcd project file.d2s
dvd2svcd.ini (the one in the movie folder)
dvd2svcd chapters file.ini
I assume they will be located in “Source Folder”, but I can not find the appropriate key in “Folders” group, so I am using “DVD2AVI Folder” as the location of these files.

Cheers.
Old 6th May 2003, 20:24   #34  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

448k in D2S audio tab

Hi again

Following a user suggestion, I am trying to include mp2 or ac3 2.0 support in mdvdauth, mainly for the second track. For this feature, low bitrates will be used, so the trick of using a bitrate lower than 224 in the second track (in order to keep the accuracy of D2S bitrate calculator) will be incompatible.

@dvd2svcd
Could be possible to add 448k (an usual bitrate in ac3 5.1) as a selectable value in D2S audio tab?. I know it is not a SVCD standard, but may be in "advanced" mode...

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th May 2003, 09:54   #35  |  Link
adge

transcodeac3

There is a small bug in transcodeac3.exe. If you have a delay error (such as after a split VOB) then it will show up and abort the script.

In transcodeac3.aut, line 244 reads

Goto, TranscodeStart:

.. the ':' should not be there.

Until a new level is released, I have recompiled the script and you can find it (link removed - no longer needed).

Adge

Last edited by adge; 19th May 2003 at 17:20.
adge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2003, 19:44   #36  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Thanks, Adge

As you have provided a link, I will not deliver another version until more bugs or features will be included.

Regards
Old 18th May 2003, 19:18   #37  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

mdvdauth024

Hi all,

Just a minor update, to include ac3 2/0 and mp2 support (mainly for second track).
mdvdauth024.zip

This is the changelog:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
0.2.4 (18-May-2003):
- Bug Fix: Second audio track not always detected.
- Improvement: Programmable action in the case of ac3 crc errors
- Improvement: Support of ac3 2/0 and mp2 transcoding (mainly for the second track)
- Bug Fix: transcodeac3 fails if delayac3 detects errors
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers.
Old 22nd May 2003, 13:50   #38  |  Link
mic_ef

miniDVD

Thanks for great Plug-In.
Works fine with SAMPO DVE-612(N) Standalone DVD.
Old 11th June 2003, 21:32   #39  |  Link
THXex

at last i got it to work.

just like always the only fault is the idiot sitting before the machine

the ini was not correct - stupid user

So thanks for the great Programm jsoto
when will there be a newer version?
i was wondering if there could be a better solution for the sound than besweet which seems to me is always a little bit more buggy and to quiet.

One thing remains: I still can´t make it work with subtitles - is there a known bug? Or am i still to stupid?
Old 11th June 2003, 23:26   #40  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

@THXex

Ini_file: Sorry, I know to have the settings in an ini file is not the best solution, but I do not have too much experience in programming...

Audio: I was working with BeSweet/ac3enc, and, yes, there is a gain bug (in my tests, a 6 dB gain loss), but it is not so critical if you use autodetect max gain (at least it works fine for me). But, I have a very bad experience with WinDVD decoders (may be my installation is not good). Seems they do not work properly with ac3 generated by Besweet, not sure. In any case, encoded ac3 files sound well in PowerDVD and also in my settop (Yukai 560), so I suppose the problem is in WinDVD or, more probably, in my installation.

New release: I am currently very busy in my professional life and I do not have free time, but be sure any suggestion will be taken into account (the question could be if my knowledge will be enough to develop it; remember, mdvdauth is only a script, not really a "program").

Subtitles: I was not able to do them work fine in SW players using 480x576 (SVCD resolution), but they work fine in my settop and other settops I've tested. Please describe what is your problem with them and post your logfile mdvdauth_log.txt.

Cheers