Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 13th January 2010, 10:31   #3021  |  Link
Blue_MiSfit
Derek Prestegard IRL

FANTASTIC program! I haven't used it in a long time, and am THOROUGHLY impressed with its batch encoding function. I'm very happy!

Transcode my season 1 backup of Penn and Teller to iPhone compatible H.264 and AAC in an MP4? At 200 fps using the fast preset?!? Sweet!

<3

~MiSfit
Old 13th January 2010, 18:05   #3022  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@Blue_MiSfit

it surely is all thanks to the dedication, support & amazing coding skills of stax76 StaxRip continues to evolve after so many years welcome to StaxRip Nation Blue_MiSfit
Old 13th January 2010, 21:19   #3023  |  Link
burfadel

Yeah the batch encoding is extremely useful! along with every other function in the programme I really hope Staxrip continues to evolve. Its continued support (instead of sporadical support) is vital to ensure the latest features are incorporated into the programme, whether its with new functions that become available or through new versions of programmes. I update some of the components myself (and just click through the new version dialogues), mostly x264. Although I have updates mkvtoolnix, dgindex, ffmpeg, mediainfo, projectx (using oozoon's latest), and yadif previously.

I've been using Staxrip for over 3 years now I reckon, its always been my choice for the command line x264

Keep up the great work!
Old 14th January 2010, 23:08   #3024  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

i got good news to report DGIndexNV IS WORKING WITH StaxRip 1.1.4.1

settings

Old 14th January 2010, 23:24   #3025  |  Link

Is it working on Win7 32 and Win7 64?
Old 14th January 2010, 23:27   #3026  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@neuron2

Windows Seven Ultimate Edition x64 (6.1.0.7600)
Old 15th January 2010, 00:13   #3027  |  Link

How did you fix your crashing that we saw earlier?
Old 15th January 2010, 00:33   #3028  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@neuron2

besides changing cli syntax thanks to you only thing i did was upgrade to StaxRip 1.1.4.1 and setup the settings like i posted

Last edited by MuLTiTaSK; 15th January 2010 at 00:57.
Old 15th January 2010, 02:31   #3029  |  Link
stax76

Thanks for the great feedback everybody.

I've prepared a new test built with some fixes and improvements:

http://www.stax76.bplaced.net/files/...Rip_1.1.4.2.7z

Quote:
I know where to place them but I'd like to know whether it's safe or not. I mean autocrop 1.2 is 5 years old (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=87602) then maybe there's a good reason why StaxRip sticks with 1.1.
Maybe not a good reason, I'm not sure if there is a benefit for StaxRip in Len0x's modifications, they seemed to be AutoGK specific which seem to use autocrop in a different way iirc, might even break things so until somebody posts a good reason I'm not gonna update it. I've update Decomb now however, thanks for reporting.

Quote:
- when encoding to xvid there's a checkbox to use virtualdub instead of virtualdubmod. In which folder should be installed virtualdub? Or do I have to rename virtualdub.exe to virtualdubmod.exe or something like that?
I've removed VirtualDub support but forget to remove this option, great application but didn't seem to have much benefit for StaxRip.

Quote:
Can I try to upgrade to these versions (of course at my own risk) or they are known to be buggy/incompatible with StaxRip?
You can always try this and post feedback about it but you should always be aware that it could break something so you have to be careful.

Quote:
In the crop window what mean the error percentage?
It's the same as in the main dialog and calculated from the dar and sar value, it's a rather difficult topic.

Quote:
Is it possible that the next version, the categories were divided as follows:
Codec | All the profiles of the particular codec, the only exception was the "Device | All profiles to devices."
I guess it's a matter of preference, I'm using only few profiles so I don't need sub menus. It should be fairly easy to customize it using the 4 arrow buttons in the profiles dialog.

Quote:
I found some random crashs (rare) when deconding aac with faad2, is there another way to convert aac-> mp3 without having to go through faad2?
Random is problematic, are you sure it's not related to your hardware? Right now there isn't a option to use a alternative AAC decoder.

Quote:
I do not know if possible, but in mkvtoolnix have the option to split the mkv into several pieces, and if virtualdub avi, you can do this with the option Just Mux in StaxRip ie, cut or split files without converting the file again with StaxRip?
You want to output mkv but split it? Did you try to use custom switches? There is a menu for custom switches but right now it don't has a split option though the menu can be customized but if somebody tell me about the switch I could change the defaults for the menu.

Quote:
1.) setting "screen welcome" and "virtualdub" in the registry for VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod would be prevent it from stopping in the middle of the batch on the first run and waiting for the user to confirm the dialogs
Finally done, thanks.

Quote:
2.) What happens when converting for example vfr mkv -> avi? I haven't tested it yet but I guess the audio/video sync will be destroyed, won't it?
Last time I've received a VFR sample problem was to detect if it's VFR using MediaInfo or mkvinfo or something.

Attachments should extract now btw. and it's possible to choose which streams to extract in case somebody want's just extract attachments or audio.

Quote:
3.) When adding the textsup filter it should ask for a subtitle file instead of throwing error messages at the user
I've removed it now since it wasn't practical, you can use Tools > Hardcoded Subtitle

Quote:
60 x264 PROFILES CREATED FOR StaxRip 1.1.3 COPIED FROM MeGUI 0.3.1.1061 IMPORTED BY ME
, maybe you want to setup a wiki page for profiles and templates, it needs some explanations since --nal-hrd needs a patched x264 built. turok PMed me about audio profiles he made but never posted them. This is the address of the new wiki:

http://staxrip.wikispaces.com

the old wiki was at http://stax76.wikispaces.com so pages have to be copied, it has only one page anyway.

Quote:
How did you fix your crashing that we saw earlier?
If you mean the cuda crash it's not solved, just the crash of the indexing app.

Last edited by stax76; 15th January 2010 at 03:02.
Old 15th January 2010, 02:39   #3030  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

thanks for the new build editing profiles bug fixed
Old 15th January 2010, 02:54   #3031  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

i included a patched build with the presets so all that would be needed to be done by the end user is replace bundled x264.exe
Old 15th January 2010, 03:19   #3032  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

MeGUI has a simple checkbox to add --nal-hrd to the commandline

i included the switch with the presets but it should'nt be to hard to add the option in StaxRip
Old 15th January 2010, 03:39   #3033  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

could settings and templates be saved by default in the same directory as StaxRip.exe?
can run different StaxRip builds with different settings easier

also a different format like Settings.ini or Settings.xml so no path to settings in registry

please add support for x264_x64 builds you can use this x264x64 Wrapper by alwa to accomplish this feat

Last edited by MuLTiTaSK; 15th January 2010 at 04:23.
Old 15th January 2010, 04:38   #3034  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwa
On a related note. I've written a program that contains the Avisynth input of x264 a while ago. Originally to feed 64bit executables with avisynth, but maybe it comes currently in handy even at 32bit executables.
Here is the application.

U need a x264_64.exe(doesn't matter whether 32bit or 64bit, it just must be named that way to make it work) in the same folder than the vfw4x264.exe(uses vfw) or avs4x264.exe(uses the Avisynth C API). Then call the vfw4x264.exe (or avs4x264.exe) with the x264 parameters:
Code:
vfw4x264.exe --preset slow -o out.mkv any.avs
or in the case above
vfw4x264.exe --crf 27.5 --level 3 --profile baseline --preset veryslow --no-cabac --ref 3 --sar 1:1 --keyint 300 
--min-keyint 30 --vbv-bufsize 2000 --vbv-maxrate 2400 --videoformat ntsc --colorprim smpte170m --colormatrix
 smpte170m --output "d:\work\P92-03-7750.264" "d:\work\P92-03-7750.avs"
Edit: avs4x264.exe actually shouldn't improve anything since it uses the avisynth C interface like the newer builds of x264.
Edit2: vfw4x264.exe on the other hand is the old vfw input of x264 and should help with the issue.

Cheers

a little info on howto use the wrappers
Old 15th January 2010, 05:52   #3035  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@StaxRip Nation

to use x64 builds of x264 in StaxRip follow this very simple workaround

1)download x264x64 Wrapper by alwa
2)rename vfw4x264.exe->x264.exe then place it in x264 folder

3)download x64 build of x264 from your favorite builder
4)rename build to x264_64.exe then place it in x264 folder as in step 2
DONE!

Last edited by MuLTiTaSK; 16th January 2010 at 15:57.
Old 15th January 2010, 05:56   #3036  |  Link
stax76

I'll have to switch using patched build as it seems it's the only way to target Blu-ray.

Quote:
could settings and templates be saved by default in the same directory as StaxRip.exe?
can run different StaxRip builds with different settings easier
I'm using a custom dir so think this is the best option. I have doubts in direct support for startup dir, I don't remember the exact reason why I've removed this option but I wouldn't have removed it if there wasn't a good reason. I could change the initial directory of the folder browser used for choosing a custom directory to the startup dir so it wouldn't be a big issue to choose the startup directory. Does side by side execution of different instanced with own settings work and if so are there any issues? IIRC it's a supported scenario but since I've never used it I don't know if there are issues.

Quote:
also a different format like Settings.ini or Settings.xml so no path to settings in registry
StaxRip persists complex data structures, it's much more difficult and slower to do this with xml let alone ini (trees, dictionaries, generics, polymorphism...)

Quote:
please add support for x264_x64 builds you can use this x264x64 Wrapper to accomplish this feat
Did you try if it works with StaxRip? I can't try it since I don't have a x64 system.

Last edited by stax76; 15th January 2010 at 06:00.
Old 15th January 2010, 06:04   #3037  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

yes it does i posted a simple workaround for users who want to use x64 builds of x264 to you add it in
Old 15th January 2010, 06:13   #3038  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

side by side execution of different instances with there own settings work for me
Old 15th January 2010, 06:21   #3039  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

switching to patched builds would be great users would have a GUI with the lastest greatest patches to play with if they desire
Old 15th January 2010, 06:30   #3040  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

i really like the lastest AutoVAQ patch
New version of VAQ (AutoVAQ) comparsion

Code:
--aq-mode <integer>     AQ method [1]
                                  - 0: Disabled
                                  - 1: Variance AQ (complexity mask)
                                  - 2: Auto-variance AQ (experimental)
                                  - 3: New experimental AQ
      --aq-strength <float>   Reduces blocking and blurring in flat and
                              textured areas. [1.0]
                              (May present in #1:#2 form. Where #2 is frame QP offset.
                               Help with dark frames and fades. 1.0 is optimal)
you have to add support for 3 and 4 most patched builds include this patch and nal-hrd patch
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265