Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 8th December 2008, 01:10   #7281  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Thanks man. I really love to know that i can expect a new version every Sunday night.
+1

can you please comment on the improved .ts audio delay correction, in far was it unprecise before? only a few ms? or XXms? do I need to check again now those I've already remuxed?
Old 8th December 2008, 01:30   #7282  |  Link
vucloutr

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
eac3to v2.80 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* added support for AAC encoding 0.00 and 1.00 quality
Thank you !

PS: just the description isn't updated yet
Old 8th December 2008, 08:26   #7283  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Thanks man. I really love to know that i can expect a new version every Sunday night.
At one time in the past I realized that I was spending too much time on a non-profit software like eac3to. So now I'm limiting myself to only work on it on Sundays... Of course there's no guarantee that I'll have time every Sunday. But so far there are usually at least a few bugfixes every week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
can you please comment on the improved .ts audio delay correction, in far was it unprecise before? only a few ms? or XXms? do I need to check again now those I've already remuxed?
It could be quite incorrect (up to several hundreds of ms) for such movies where there were video frames before the first sequence header in the source file. That is not the case for any HD DVD or Blu-Ray movies I know. Also cleanly cut broadcast movies shouldn't have this, either. But randomly cut broadcasts could show this problem. You would have noticed that, though, cause the delay was usually way off in such cases. So if you did a quick audio sync check on every movie and you found it to be ok, there's nothing to worry about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vucloutr View Post
PS: just the description isn't updated yet
Done.
Old 8th December 2008, 16:48   #7284  |  Link
FredThompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkodi View Post
available Intro and Trial (Try and Buy) versions of Arcsoft TotalMediaTheatre (TMT) and TotalMediaExtreme (TME) and which of them work with eac3to:

1. TMT Intro version 2.1.6.120 - "TotalMediaTheatre_Retail_INTRO_E.exe" (md5 77ea5ecdc52af9f20d646cc352389cc2):

http://base.arcsoft.com/downloads/in...il_INTRO_E.exe
The link is broken for me. That might be redirection blocking, I don't know. Your referenced post is a few months old so I'm querying to see if there is updated sourcing information. Goal is 7.1 with as little overhead as possible, of course.
Old 8th December 2008, 17:44   #7285  |  Link
jimz06

A search on the Forums reveals that at least several people on this thread have managed to remux the Babel HD DVD so I was hoping that one of those fortunate people could share some wisdom.

I've lost track of the various ways and tools I've used produce a file. The last attempt was to use eac3to to extract the AC3 track, EVOdemux to extract the H264 file, and then mkvmerge to put them together. The end result always seems to be the same, a break up of the picture every 10 seconds or so and loss of audio sync. When I play the H264 stream alone it plays fine without the breakups and the framerate counter in MPC says it is playing at 24 fps. I can listen to the AC3 stream separately also. Am I missing some critical setting on any of these tools that is causing me fits? All of the Blu Rays I've remuxed have been a dream compared to this HD DVD.
Old 8th December 2008, 17:59   #7286  |  Link
Beastie Boy

@jimz06

Use eac3to to produce a mkv file containing the video (just use .mkv as the output extension). Then use mkvmerge to join your video and audio.

Cheers, Beastie.
Old 8th December 2008, 17:59   #7287  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
eac3to v2.80 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* added support for constant bitrate AAC encoding
quality
how i can realize that?

hubble
Old 8th December 2008, 18:09   #7288  |  Link
nautilus7

I suppose like you specify the bitrate for other format encoding. Try it.
Old 8th December 2008, 18:22   #7289  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

madshi, regarding that DTS-HD MA 1.0 movie I sent you 2 samples from, there is one gap/overlap detected for the DTS-HD MA track between the sync point of both main m2ts files. but when I process the LPCM -> FLAC track from it, I dont get this message. is this ok ? (I know that LPCM frames are rather short and the delay difference would be indiscernible, but could this be a general bug, or did eac3to only decide that the correction of this minor delay wouldnt be worth it and therefore did not put out a gap/overlap message?)
Old 8th December 2008, 18:47   #7290  |  Link
nurbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
how i can realize that?
Haven't tried yet, but I guess its the -xxx switch, same as ac3.

BTW thanks madshi
Old 8th December 2008, 19:41   #7291  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimz06 View Post
A search on the Forums reveals that at least several people on this thread have managed to remux the Babel HD DVD so I was hoping that one of those fortunate people could share some wisdom.

I've lost track of the various ways and tools I've used produce a file. The last attempt was to use eac3to to extract the AC3 track, EVOdemux to extract the H264 file, and then mkvmerge to put them together. The end result always seems to be the same, a break up of the picture every 10 seconds or so and loss of audio sync. When I play the H264 stream alone it plays fine without the breakups and the framerate counter in MPC says it is playing at 24 fps. I can listen to the AC3 stream separately also. Am I missing some critical setting on any of these tools that is causing me fits? All of the Blu Rays I've remuxed have been a dream compared to this HD DVD.
Sounds more like a play back problem, try reinstalling haali media splitter.
Old 8th December 2008, 22:49   #7292  |  Link
Devrethman

Okay, stupid n00b question here: I just bought Band of Brothers on Blu-ray, it's the first disc I've seen that has DTS "Master Audio" which I have gathered to be the same thing as DTS-HD. When I run eac3to to check what the track order is, it says that the audio conversion is not supported. However, the first post also says that the ArcSoft decoder (which I have) works well for DTS-HD, and when I start decoding it to FLAC, it decodes with the arcsoft decoder just fine. is it actually decoding the HD track or just the DTS core? If the latter, is it possible to get it to decode the whole track or is that not supported yet?
Old 8th December 2008, 23:29   #7293  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

got this message with the german dances with wolves BD:

Code:
eac3to v2.80
command line: X:\eac3to\eac3to X:\movie 1) 2: X:\dances.mkv 4: X:\dances.flac 4: X:\dances.dtsma 11: X:\dances.sup
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 4 audio tracks, 5 subtitle tracks, 3:56:38
1: Chapters, 31 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, German, 7.1 channels, 16 bits, 48khz
   (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 16 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
4: DTS Master Audio, English, 7.1 channels, 16 bits, 48khz
   (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 16 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
5: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz
6: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz
7: Subtitle (PGS), German
8: Subtitle (PGS), German
9: Subtitle (PGS), German
10: Subtitle (PGS), German
11: Subtitle (PGS), English
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[s11] Extracting subtitle track number 11...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a04] Decoding with ArcSoft DTS Decoder...
[a04] Encoding FLAC with libFlac...
[a04] Creating file "G:\dances.dtsma"...
[a04] Creating file "G:\dances.flac"...
[s11] Creating file "G:\dances.sup"...
[a04] The last DTS frame is incomplete and thus gets skipped.
[a04] Original audio track, L+R+C+BL+BR+SL+SR: constant bit depth of 16 bits.
[a04] Processed audio track, LFE: bitdepth analyzation failed.
[a04] Processed audio track, L+R+C+BL+BR+SL+SR: constant bit depth of 16 bits.
[a04] The last DTS frame is incomplete and thus gets skipped.
Added fps value to MKV header.
Video track 2 contains 340422 frames.
eac3to processing took 1 hour, 2 minutes.
Done.
50mb sample:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xkpcl3
Old 8th December 2008, 23:33   #7294  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimz06 View Post
The last attempt was to use eac3to to extract the AC3 track, EVOdemux to extract the H264 file, and then mkvmerge to put them together. The end result always seems to be the same, a break up of the picture every 10 seconds or so and loss of audio sync.
As Beastie Boy suggested, try "eac3to HdDvdSourceFolder movie.mkv". Then play the MKV file just as it is (without the audio). Are there still break ups? If so, probably your playback system is borked (as suggested by Jeff Flowerday). If there are no breaks up when playing the video only MKV, mux the audio track to the video MKV by using mkvtoolnix. Does the final result play fine? If not, again probably something is wrong with your DirectShow filter setup. Try different video/audio decoders and maybe also different video/audio renderers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
how i can realize that?
nautilus7 and nurbs have guessed right. It's the same way you can specify bitrates for AC3 and DTS. E.g. "eac3to source.whatever dest.aac -192".

If you don't specify anything for AAC encoding, eac3to will use quality 0.5. If you specify a different quality level, eac3to will use that instead. And if you specify a bitrate, eac3to will use constant bitrate encoding instead of quality based encoding.

Quote:
madshi, regarding that DTS-HD MA 1.0 movie I sent you 2 samples from, there is one gap/overlap detected for the DTS-HD MA track between the sync point of both main m2ts files. but when I process the LPCM -> FLAC track from it, I dont get this message. is this ok ?
Yes. LPCM gaps usually only get big enough to be reported if there are a whole lot of m2ts parts. The threshould for reporting a gap is 7ms, IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrethman View Post
When I run eac3to to check what the track order is, it says that the audio conversion is not supported.
You most probably have used an incorrect command line then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrethman View Post
However, the first post also says that the ArcSoft decoder (which I have) works well for DTS-HD, and when I start decoding it to FLAC, it decodes with the arcsoft decoder just fine. is it actually decoding the HD track or just the DTS core?
That is explained in the first post of this thread. The full DTS-HD track is decoded bit perfectly, when the ArcSoft decoder is used by eac3to.
Old 9th December 2008, 00:14   #7295  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
got this message with the german dances with wolves BD:

Code:
4: DTS Master Audio, English, 7.1 channels, 16 bits, 48khz
[a04] Original audio track, L+R+C+BL+BR+SL+SR: constant bit depth of 16 bits.
That is *VERY* bad. It means that the English audio track on the Dances with Wolves Blu-Ray is broken. The LFE is channel is empty. That's why eac3to can't find out which bitdepth it has.

Now it's not the end of the world. We could extract the LFE channel of the German audio track and use that for the English audio track. But for all intends and purposes the Blu-Ray should be considered broken and a repressing should be requested from the studio.
Old 9th December 2008, 02:26   #7296  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

hm how can I do that to have it in flac lossless as well? extract the german dts-hd track to .wavs and then just convert the LFE channel to flac? how to combine it then with the other 4 channels from the english track all together to one single flac track again?
Old 9th December 2008, 09:35   #7297  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
hm how can I do that to have it in flac lossless as well? extract the german dts-hd track to .wavs and then just convert the LFE channel to flac? how to combine it then with the other 4 channels from the english track all together to one single flac track again?
Decode both the English and German audio tracks to "WAVs". Then swap the LFE WAV channel WAV files of both tracks. Next combine the separate WAV files for the English track to one big WAV file. Unfortunately eac3to can't do that, but I think wavewizard can. Finally do "eac3to combined.wav english.flac" to encode the final FLAC file.
Old 9th December 2008, 18:19   #7298  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

madshi (or someone else), im not familiar with wavewizard, but it looks to me like this programm cant do it. I can change channel mapping with it or convert wav files to another format, but I cant find any option where I can join multiple files to a big single one.

is there perhaps another program who can do this?

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 9th December 2008 at 18:59.
Old 9th December 2008, 19:17   #7299  |  Link
b66pak

try using m$ wavavimux (google it - its free) to mux 2, 6 or 8 wav mono channels in one giant .avi which can be used as an input be many audio tools
_
Old 9th December 2008, 20:20   #7300  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
madshi (or someone else), im not familiar with wavewizard, but it looks to me like this programm cant do it. I can change channel mapping with it or convert wav files to another format, but I cant find any option where I can join multiple files to a big single one.

is there perhaps another program who can do this?
WaveWizard instructions:
- Add monowavs in standard order: FL,FR,FC,LF,SL,SR
- Edit -> Preferences:
All options unchecked but:
Stream manipulation -> Merge files
Output format -> Wave PCM
(or WaveFormatEx but the ChannelMask value is always 0)
- Convert

You can use also the sox command line:
Code:
sox -M FL.wav FR.wav FC.wav LF.wav BL.wav BR.wav multichannel.wav

Tags
eac3to