Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 4th March 2024, 17:16   #1  |  Link
s4ndr0w

UHD to BD-50 Re-encode Menus

Hi!
Recently, I've been converting some UHD Blu-rays to BD-50, and everything is going well when I lock the bitrate at around 45,000 kbps.

The only issue I've encountered is with one particular Blu-ray menu. This menu consists of a slideshow of scenes from the movie as a background for the main menu. That specific menu is encoded at 108,000 kbps, causing it to stutter and freeze on the UHD player because the bitrate is too high. I tried using the hidden option: MIN_M2TS_SIZE, but it doesn't detect that particular file for re-encoding.

My question is, are there any hidden options I could use to force the re-encoding of menus to lower the bitrate to 45,000 kbps?

Is the option UHD_MAXRATE will lock the bitrate to every M2TS files ? Thank you very much for your help.
s4ndr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2024, 21:34   #2  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ndr0w View Post
Hi!
Recently, I've been converting some UHD Blu-rays to BD-50, and everything is going well when I lock the bitrate at around 45,000 kbps.

The only issue I've encountered is with one particular Blu-ray menu. This menu consists of a slideshow of scenes from the movie as a background for the main menu. That specific menu is encoded at 108,000 kbps, causing it to stutter and freeze on the UHD player because the bitrate is too high. I tried using the hidden option: MIN_M2TS_SIZE, but it doesn't detect that particular file for re-encoding.

My question is, are there any hidden options I could use to force the re-encoding of menus to lower the bitrate to 45,000 kbps?

Is the option UHD_MAXRATE will lock the bitrate to every M2TS files ? Thank you very much for your help.
Re-encode the video used for the menu background outside of BD Rebuilder.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2024, 09:28   #3  |  Link
musiclover

Try adding REENCODE_MENUS=1 to your BDREBUILDER.INI file.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2024, 06:48   #4  |  Link
s4ndr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
Try adding REENCODE_MENUS=1 to your BDREBUILDER.INI file.
Thank you very much, it works perfectly !

Do you know what's the maxrate i should put for BD-50 ? is 45000kbps a little too low ?
s4ndr0w is offline   Reply With Quote