Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 9th July 2008, 20:21   #41  |  Link
raymondtrudeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadcoreHD View Post
you can use a program called TSSplitter but it won't split .isos. You have to your entire film into .ts with TSmuxer and then split with TSSplitter.
so can i open the main movie from the original bd disc using ts muxer gui or tsmuxer (shat is the difference between the 2) then create it to a .ts file then split in into 3 dvd9's
raymondtrudeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 22:04   #42  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondtrudeau View Post
so can i open the main movie from the original bd disc using ts muxer gui or tsmuxer (shat is the difference between the 2) then create it to a .ts file then split in into 3 dvd9's

1) Mount disc while running AnyDVD HD

2) Got to 'STREAM' folder -> find your main M2TS and load that into TSSplitter

3) Split to desired size
EPiPH0NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 03:40   #43  |  Link
raymondtrudeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPH0NE View Post
1) Mount disc while running AnyDVD HD

2) Got to 'STREAM' folder -> find your main M2TS and load that into TSSplitter

3) Split to desired size
ok then after i split it to say three 8 gb each i then run each one through tsmuxer and save it as a blueray file? thanks for the help...
Old 10th July 2008, 07:43   #44  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
ok then after i split it to say three 8 gb each i then run each one through tsmuxer and save it as a blueray file? thanks for the help...
You should be able to use the M2TS files generated by TSSplitter as you wish. If you're using an HTPC/NMT you could just play the split M2TS files but if your using AVCHD, for a stand alone, you could run it through tsMuxeR and use 'Create Blu-ray Disc' option and burn to DVD. You might need Nero or something similar to create a proper AVCHD disc.
Old 10th July 2008, 18:11   #45  |  Link
frank
Banned

Why splitting? If you want to burn on DVD then reencode with megui/ffdshow/avisynth to 1280x720p (DVD-9, AVC, AC3).
You'll get a very good quality. DVD-9 8GB is sufficient for 3 hours movie!

Last edited by frank; 10th July 2008 at 18:16.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 19:05   #46  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
Why splitting? If you want to burn on DVD then reencode with megui/ffdshow/avisynth to 1280x720p (DVD-9, AVC, AC3).

Splitting takes ~1-2hrs (depending on hardware)

Encoding takes ~6-8+ hrs.

That's why . Plus, If I'm gonna take time to process discs myself I want the full retail 1080p ES video streams and, if applicable, HD audio to go along with it. I backup all my BluRay/HD-DVD projects to multi DVD-R sets using TSSplitter and once you factor in the costs of axxs to all the data and the discs I get each full BluRay/HD-DVD for $1-$3/per movie. Of cource I don't care about extras, web features. etc. For the price of one 50-pack spindle of DVD-R's($8-$10) I get ~10 full BluRay/HD-DVD's. That's another reason
Old 11th July 2008, 05:59   #47  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

Hard drive space is pretty cheap these days too...if you look hard you can find a 1TB for under 200 bucks...
Old 11th July 2008, 12:16   #48  |  Link
dat720

Thats sounds like wayyy too much effort, i agree totally with QuadcoreHD HDD space is cheap as these day's rip the BR/HD to a hdd and stash the original away... thats what i have done, and seens the streams are original off the disc you retain original quality.
dat720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 17:55   #49  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat720 View Post
Thats sounds like wayyy too much effort, i agree totally with QuadcoreHD HDD space is cheap as these day's rip the BR/HD to a hdd and stash the original away... thats what i have done, and seens the streams are original off the disc you retain original quality.

Yeah, HDD storage is much easier but they're aren't enough HDD's in the world, or at least anything affordable for me, to hold all the 0's and 1's that I have. And of course my collection grows every day. I guess if I didn't have as much I would opt for HDD storage or if I was just plain stupid rich I would just buy an over priced BD burner and burn to over priced BD-R's and play in my over priced stand alone but I gotta go with what's cheapest and that's DVD-R. It works for me and saves me tons of cash that's used for other things
Old 11th July 2008, 20:17   #50  |  Link
FoxDisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadcoreHD View Post
Hard drive space is pretty cheap these days too...if you look hard you can find a 1TB for under 200 bucks...
I was looking at them today. Of the 8 1TB's available from Newegg, 5 are under 200 and all are less than 250.
FoxDisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 21:49   #51  |  Link
raymondtrudeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
how do you do this?
Old 11th July 2008, 21:51   #52  |  Link
raymondtrudeau

another question...i have a external hdd and if i put the bl movie on this is there anyway of playing it on a stand alone blueray player?
Old 11th July 2008, 21:52   #53  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxDisc View Post
I was looking at them today. Of the 8 1TB's available from Newegg, 5 are under 200 and all are less than 250.

That's all fine and dandy but for $200 I get 6.6TB of storage as compared to 1TB. I don't think I will even be alive by the time 6TB drives hit the retail market for $200

Last edited by EPiPH0NE; 11th July 2008 at 21:59.
Old 12th July 2008, 01:35   #54  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
I gotta go with what's cheapest and that's DVD-R.
Quote:
for $200 I get 6.6TB
Doesn't sound like very high quality media at about 15 cents a pop...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 00:46   #55  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Doesn't sound like very high quality media at about 15 cents a pop...

True...But I still have cheap Princo (I think) CompUSA DVD-R's from 2001, when they still cost $1/piece and they still play just fine so I'm not too worried
Old 13th July 2008, 03:39   #56  |  Link
dat720

Quote:
another question...i have a external hdd and if i put the bl movie on this is there anyway of playing it on a stand alone blueray player?
If you burn it back to a BluRay disc yes, if your stand alone has a usb port and can read the files like that yes, but what are you actually asking here?

Last edited by dat720; 13th July 2008 at 03:53.
Old 13th July 2008, 03:40   #57  |  Link
dat720

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPH0NE View Post
That's all fine and dandy but for $200 I get 6.6TB of storage as compared to 1TB. I don't think I will even be alive by the time 6TB drives hit the retail market for $200
With the way storage is moving that will be maybe 2 or 3 years before 6tb drives are available, maybe another 12 months after that they will be affordable, unless you plan on dying in the next 4 or 5 years you should be fine!

Using DVD-R's is cheaper i can see that, and so could anyone with basic maths skill's but can you answer yes to these questions? Is it Easier? Is it Convenient? Is it Faster?

I have a 1TB drive attached to a linux pc running fuppes and samba, with all my DVD BluRay and HD rip's and my PVR Records to it aswell, biggest bonus is any pc/console in the house has instant access to all my content (My house has 4 people living in it with 3 laptop's 3 pc's 2 consoles and a Vista Media Centre box) and when the 1tb drive fills up i will buy another one as they are around $120au at the moment (mate of mine runs a pc shop so cheap deals) and plug it into the linux box, and will continue to do that, untill 2tb drives get cheap and so on!

Last edited by dat720; 13th July 2008 at 03:52.
Old 13th July 2008, 04:39   #58  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

^^^As I said, I'm going for price/storage ratio not speed or convience and yes I very well might die in the next 4-5 years...you never know....As I also said there aren't enough HDD's in the world for all my stuff. I would have to buy a 1TB HDD at least every 5-7 weeks at my current rate of data acquisition and considering I only live with my wife and I am the only one who needs axxs to my data but I could see in your situation an HDD based solution works best but not for me. What ever works for you is how you should do it
Old 13th July 2008, 04:44   #59  |  Link
dat720

[QUOTE=EPiPH0NE;1158394and yes I very well might die in the next 4-5 years...[/QUOTE]

Well that kinda sucks... good luck with that

I plan on living forever, or atleast till my next horrific accident!
Old 29th July 2008, 16:28   #60  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

Made a final update, I think this is pretty much fool-proof at this point (no offense intended). Until we have an "all in-one" tool I think (as far as I know) this is the easiest way.

Yes I know, I could include basic stuff like opening .m2ts or .mpls files directly from the Disc with TSMuxer with AnyDVD running, but I think most people will eventually figure that out. Also, when your really first getting started it's kinda cool to have that ripped folder on your hard drive so you can really mess around with it...i dunno.

Either way that info is now in this post :P

-Q