Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 23rd July 2006, 08:34   #1  |  Link
stevenca

AviSynth Batch Scripter

For the people who are looking for a easy to use (and FREE) AviSynth Batch Scripter with a Graphical interface (and AviSynth script syntax highlighting!):

Avisynth Batch Scripter (ABatchScript)

More screenshots

Last edited by stevenca; 25th July 2006 at 20:29.
Old 23rd July 2006, 08:43   #2  |  Link
stevenca

Extra functions and feedback...

By the way... To make this program better, I need some feedback... I also think I can build some extra functions into the program. Good is never good enough
Any ideas or suggestions?

Tnx!
Old 23rd July 2006, 09:55   #3  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

how I wish I had this program a few months back when I converted a hundred odd music videos for my pocket pc!!
Issues I noticed:
o A HUGE download for something that should be so small. Not installed yet so I can't see what's the cause.
o I would much prefer an archive of the program directory instead of a full blown application installer that's circa 1995 - it's just unwieldy for a 2mb app. Writing to the registry is also a no-no for small freeware apps imo
o Tries to install msvcrt.dll even if a copy already exists.
o Strange default location for finding movies on startup.
o Why use a custom extension for the scripts? Just make it load .avs
o As I suspected - no graphics or anything special. I bet the installer is adding 1.5 out of the 2mb. cut it! :P
o Only scans for .avi and .mpg?? What about .mkv .ogm .mp4 .m1v .m2v .264 .etc etc

Now to the suggestions:
o Multiple input directories for video fiels
o A user resizable window to get more space for the file list/avs template
o Separate avs output directory
o Multiple input clips to one avs file (for dubbing audio and video)
o Ability to set the program to either remember last opened location or reset to default every time

A lot of suggestions and problems there but I'm impressed with this program - I've been looking for this sort of program for a while

edited for great justice: spelling.

Last edited by check; 23rd July 2006 at 13:03.
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:55   #4  |  Link
Alain2

Very interesting software as pointed out by check, but I think I will wait for a version without installer if possible..

About "Only scans for .avi and .mpg?? What about .mkv .ogm .mp4 .m1v .m2v .264 .etc etc", I think it's possible to add these in settings.ini (cf. changelog on "- added movie extensions to settings.ini (extendable)")

For the "Why use a custom extension for the scripts? Just make it load .avs" I think the idea is to create a template which uses some generic parameter like %CLIP%, and from this template batch generate the avs files with %CLIP% replaced by a filename.

I agree with all other points raised by check

For me, this batch scripter tool will be used to generate avs, but could also be used for vdub jobs files and .bat batch files ; I am currently using a .bat file which launches vdub jobs, audio compression, x264 compression, mkv mux ; this tools could help me create to generate all these files for each movie
Old 24th July 2006, 08:01   #5  |  Link
Pookie

stevenca - Have a look at this app and see where you can improve on it -

http://www.merage.uci.edu/~dvdotnet/...ptwriter10.zip
Old 24th July 2006, 08:09   #6  |  Link
hanfrunz

"check" said it before. I extracted the 63k .exe-file and the config stuff out of the installer and it worked on my system. Please reduce the size of the installer...
Old 24th July 2006, 12:40   #7  |  Link
stevenca

Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by check
I would much prefer an archive of the program directory instead of a full blown application installer that's circa 1995 - it's just unwieldy for a 2mb app. Writing to the registry is also a no-no for small freeware apps imo
I will look if I can create an *.bat installer, that will do the same. I also think the setup is a 'bit' blown....
I will change this the next release!

Quote:
Strange default location for finding movies on startup
Oops, that is my own .ini file that is in there...

Quote:
Why use a custom extension for the scripts? Just make it load .avs
Alain2 answered this one for me

Quote:
Only scans for .avi and .mpg?? What about .mkv .ogm .mp4 .m1v .m2v .264 .etc etc
Alain2 answered this one for me
But I will add this extensions to the .ini file for the next release.

Quote:
Multiple input directories for video fiels
hmm... it searches in all subdirectories from the parent.
Just run it twice? I will take it in mind with me, but don't see this as a real musthave...

Quote:
A user resizable window to get more space for the file list/avs template
Will do...! Next release.

Quote:
Separate avs output directory
Will do...! Next release. Good idea... will give the user a choice: same dir a moviefile or choose dir

Quote:
Multiple input clips to one avs file (for dubbing audio and video)
Hmm... will have to think about this one... how can I make a choice available for more clips... without making the GUI too complex?

Quote:
Ability to set the program to either remember last opened location or reset to default every time
Ok! Next release...!

Thanks for the feedbackl!!
Old 24th July 2006, 13:18   #8  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

The multiple input files could possibly be difficult - a simpler version would be to let the user define custom find & replace rules. If you do this, setting them to run before the inbuilt variables are replaced would be good, so I can set %path2% = %path%\audio\%file%.wav (or similar, i forget the exact names :P) and it will be correctly evaluated.

As for replacing the installer with a .bat file - why do you even need any automation? If people don't have the dll you need to copy to %system%, make them download it seperately or at least copy from themselves. The solution I would be most happy with is a plain archive where I can copy the dlls needed once and simply unzip newer updates over the folder.
Old 24th July 2006, 14:02   #9  |  Link
stevenca

Quote:
As for replacing the installer with a .bat file - why do you even need any automation? If people don't have the dll you need to copy to %system%, make them download it seperately or at least copy from themselves.
Some of the .dll's are activeX components, they need to be registred (regsvr32) ... so a .bat seemed handy...
Also I will implement a check if .dll's already exist and rename the settings.ini and filters.txt etc...

Next release I will also up a .exe only version, for those who already installed the program.
Old 24th July 2006, 19:50   #10  |  Link
stevenca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain2
For me, this batch scripter tool will be used to generate avs, but could also be used for vdub jobs files and .bat batch files ; I am currently using a .bat file which launches vdub jobs, audio compression, x264 compression, mkv mux ; this tools could help me create to generate all these files for each movie
Why didn't I think of that!?
I will add it in the next release!
Old 25th July 2006, 20:15   #11  |  Link
stevenca

Version 0.3.0 is there!

v0.3.0
- you can now let the scripts build in the same folder as your clip or into all in a specific selected .avs folder
- added script extensions, you can now choose for batch generating e.a. AVS, BAT, CMD, JOBS (extendable)
- when opening the 'folder' dialog, it now opens in a previously selected directory
- added a menu on the top of the screen
- added logical tab index
- added extension .mkv .ogm .mp4 .m1v and .m2v to extension in the settings.ini file
- added a logo to about screen
- moved settings to a collapsable settings frame to create more room
- added functionality to choose more then one scanfolder

Executable only version is there also!

- Smaller/better installfile will be there SOON
- Had no time (yet) for the sizable window...

Last edited by stevenca; 25th July 2006 at 20:32.
Old 26th July 2006, 20:24   #12  |  Link
Wilbert

follow up here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=113934
Closed Thread