Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.


Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 ASP

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th April 2007, 18:04   #38  |  Link
A hollow voice says
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 269
The "12" I used in the extra cell was just a guess, based upon the perceived pattern in the array. My goal was to eliminate this as a cause of differing output, to see if there were other causes still present. I'm glad to have someone knowledgable build upon my discovery.

EDIT: I reviewed the changes syskin committed, and now better understand his post.

It isn't simply that the "12" I used should be "11", but that the debug check he added to mbcoding.c reveals that the "12" in some of the _existing_ cells is slightly too high an estimate for _some_ vectors... That perhaps the 'slick/fast' code in d_mv_bits isn't as accurate as it could be (I'll leave that one to the experts), but that the error should have little if any effect.

In any event, my "fix" (with the corrected value), is OK for the existing implimentation, as grabbing random garbage from outside the array definitely isn't right.

Many thanks, syskin...

(Updated 1.1.2 msvc build attached)
Attached Files
File Type: zip xvidcore112_msvc_array-fix.zip (194.7 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by plugh; 28th April 2007 at 20:01.
plugh is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.