Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 27th April 2004, 20:03   #1  |  Link

DVD2AVIdg/MPEG2DEC3dg and D2V file formats

I'm releasing a new version of my DVD2AVIdg/MPEG2DEC3dg software. I am not sure if or how it is used with your stuff, but I thought we should compare notes to make sure I don't break anything for you.

There is a new line in the D2V header: "Aspect_Ratio=" and the flags bytes now can carry a 0x10 bit to signal MPEG2DEC3dg that the previous GOP does not have to be decoded; this speeds up random access.

The new version, currently decodefix110RC3.zip, can be downloaded from the link below, and discussion is in the DVD2AVI forum.

http://neuron2.net/fixd2v/decodefix110RC3.zip

Also, I am open to adding a new D2V file format output to DVD2AVIdg (e.g., without RFFs, etc.) if it can help you.

Please advise.

Last edited by Guest; 27th April 2004 at 20:11.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2004, 11:30   #2  |  Link
Fishman0919
FishmanMod Android Dev

I tried the new MPEG2DEC3dg with DVD-Rebuilder encoding Kill Bill Vol. 1 and got a Runtime error 9, replaced with the old one and it worked fine.
Fishman0919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2004, 13:42   #3  |  Link
jdobbs

Sorry I didn't respond faster. I want to stay compatible, so I'll download your latest and change DVD-RB to keep up.
Old 28th April 2004, 17:53   #4  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

jdobbs, another reason to force/enforce the appropriate version of mpeg2dec3DG you are using with a certain version of dvd-rb. As Don works to improve mpeg2dec3DG, some people may download the newer RC versions, and put it in their plugin directory, not realizing what problems they could cause for dvd-rb.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2004, 04:24   #5  |  Link
wmansir

Well it looks like this has been officially released since it's in Doom9's news today. For right now I'm going to change the Installation,ect guide to direct people to download decodefix100.zip and NOT decodefix110.zip, as it is still listed on WarpEnterprises list, which I link to.

Unfortunately, Doom9's guide was automatically updated to point to this new release, which may cause headaches until DVD-RB can use it, or the guide is fixed. So if you see a lot of newbies reporting error 9, make sure they are using the right version of MPEG2DECdg.dll.
wmansir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2004, 04:30   #6  |  Link
jdobbs

I wonder if there is an easy way to tell which one is present on the current computer. My fear is that if I upgrade my code -- everyone already using it fails -- and if I don't everyone who just got started fails.
Old 2nd May 2004, 04:36   #7  |  Link
wmansir

Well, you could require the path to be defined in the next version. Then you would have direct access to the file and could test it to see if it was the correct version. If not you could generate an error. You could do it when they select the file, and also before processing just do a quick verify.
wmansir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2004, 04:50   #8  |  Link
jdobbs

Has anyone gotten reports that there are problems with DVD-RB (besides the one above)? I have the new MPEG2DEC3DG.DLL running on my other computer and it seems to work fine. I'll do a little more testing.

@neuron2

Is there any reason why this version wouldn't read files without the 0x10 and aspect ratio included?

EDIT: Seems to be a little faster!

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd May 2004 at 04:56.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2004, 07:11   #9  |  Link
JDay

Just completed a job with the new MPEG2DEC3dg and it went without a hitch.
JDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2004, 07:28   #10  |  Link

Quote:
Originally posted by jdobbs
Is there any reason why this version wouldn't read files without the 0x10 and aspect ratio included?
The 0x10 flags are not a problem but the Aspect_Ratio line might be, depending upon how fscanf() is implemented in the stdio library. My tests (surprisingly) suggest that it is not a problem with 1.1.0.

But I have made the problem worse for you with my version 1.2.0, currently in beta.

Why don't you bundle the DLL? You only have to make source for the DLL available upon request to satisfy GPL. DVD-RB can remain closed.

Sorry!

Last edited by Guest; 2nd May 2004 at 07:34.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2004, 20:23   #11  |  Link
PINOBIRD

DVD-RB v046
QuEnc
The new MPEG2DEC3dg
Half D1

DVD Pink Floyd The wall

Everything went fine, the same as with the old MPEG2DEC3dg.

P.s. due to Half D1 4.08 GB but I can raise TargetSectors.

Thanks again for the great program.
PINOBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote