Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st February 2010, 21:39   #221  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
The SageTV link says tsMuxeR output doesn't work right w/Sage unless the IN times are changed, so mpls tools allows one to edit this, but I wonder if anyone here knows: is there anything about a menu that "calls" a mpls to play that requires any knowledge by the menu of the mpls IN time? In other words, does there need to be any synchro of any kind between a menu and a mpls' IN time?
There is no way a navigation / menu / popup... to deal with IN/OUT times. It is like thinking of PTS stamps (in/out times) as low-level (transport) information and menu programming as high-level programming. It is the same as having ETHERNET based network (low level) which can carry different protocols such as TCP and UDP. A menu has no access-to/information-about in/out times (like a TCP packet has no knowledge if it is being transmitted via cable or satellite). In/Out stamps are arbitrary and can have any value... It is that some producers chose 10 mins and other 11 seconds.

Each playlists FIRST playitem IN_TIME defines the base for the playlists. Would it be 00:00:00.000 or 06:07:08.090 makes no difference.

Subpath playitems (menus, PIP...) may be synchronized with the main playlist (when muxed with the video) or not (when muxed in separate m2ts files, but even then there are settings to set a synch information in relation to a specific stream... a lot of options).

Dean

Last edited by deank; 21st February 2010 at 21:47.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 22:14   #222  |  Link
crl2007

From what I understood, he was talking about menu background m2ts files and their mpls. Except if they're not IGS. For java discs, the menu background can be replaced with another m2ts authored with tsmuxer.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2010, 23:46   #223  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

No, I was not talking about menu background. Thanks Dean for your complete reply--I will look elsewhere for my menu glitching (when an individual program/title ends it does not always return to the menu as it should--I wondered if the IN/OUT times might have been a factor).
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:53   #224  |  Link
crl2007

In that case, there is no dependency whatsoever between them. What you experience there is bad authoring. Many discs from Europe are broken somehow, and that's because studios here are re-authoring the discs to suit european languages and subtitles, but they are not very good at it and sometimes they end breaking the structure. If the disc is from another region, then maybe that's how it was authored from the beginning.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:44   #225  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Actually I am making simple BDMV menus using Ulead MF6+ w/HD pack (using a very short clip that subs as the actual programs) and then inserting m2ts, mpls, and clipinf that I've made using tsMuxeR. It works quite well except as I said that sometimes when a program (episode) ends, the main menu doesn't properly appear again. Not a big problem for me as we tend to watch only one episode at a time anyway, but what with BDedit and all the other info here I'd like to learn how to fix them.

Yeah I know "why not just use multiAVCHD" but it's just a) very complex and b) too much of a moving target at this time. Someday deank will slow down his changes to it and I will take the plunge into multiAVCHD...
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:44   #226  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'll slow down this summer when I go to a vacation again... I just can't stand sitting and doing nothing, so I add things... I hope I'll release a stable version in few weeks which won't need updates for some time.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:36   #227  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Hey maybe you'll make a Basic (static menu w/background & music, 4 or 5 numbered episodes listed and a Play All button) and Expert (everything else) for guys like me who are bewildered by it all.

Not to mention the fact that my ISP is ridiculously slow such that bigger downloads are no fun for me.

Otherwise, don't slow down on my account!!!
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:07   #228  |  Link
crl2007

Eh, everybody needs a vacation. And God knows that deank deserves it. Especially from putting up with me and my endeavours.
Old 27th February 2010, 04:02   #229  |  Link
setarip_old

@deank

As I recall, your last vacation returned you as a well-rested, raring to go HD-DVD problem solving phenom (with functioning email connections) ;>}
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 02:48   #230  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Has 0.19b been released yet? All the MENU screenshots look useful, but I can't find that version...thanks.
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 04:06   #231  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
Has 0.19b been released yet? All the MENU screenshots look useful, but I can't find that version...thanks.
Not yet, sorry.
I'm working on the v0.20 now which will be released in about a week.
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 04:35   #232  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Thank you. Looking forward to it!
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 22:02   #233  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

New version of BDedit

A new snapshot is available on my homepage.

Changes for v0.20b

- Improved menu display (display animated button, cache RLE bitmap)
- Load, Save, Delete ExtensionData() from/to Playlists
- Insert/Delete/Edit STN table
- Insert/Delete/Edit SubPath
- Edit SubPlayItem

Plans:
- a menu simulator which can show the the whole operating menu
- a player simulator to trace/debug commands
- edit and save menu to a new m2ts

Take a look and give me a feedback about the new version please.
Old 6th March 2010, 23:26   #234  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican9 View Post
Take a look and give me a feedback about the new version please.
Hmmm all I see under Menu tab is "Not loaded". How does one see any menu data..?
Old 6th March 2010, 23:37   #235  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Hmmm all I see under Menu tab is "Not loaded". How does one see any menu data..?
It shows an IG stream, so you have to find one on the CLIPINF tabsheet and use the '->' button to load to the Menu.
Old 6th March 2010, 23:46   #236  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

I see it, thanks for getting me started...!
Old 7th March 2010, 11:23   #237  |  Link
crl2007

Very good plans for the future. As what I can see here, the menu editing would be a hassle. Too many tiny bitmaps to edit.

One question: how it's normal for the menu elements to appear ? From pushing 1 or 2 ?

I ask you this because sometimes preview appears from pressing elements from 2 and sometimes only by choosing from the drop-down.
Old 7th March 2010, 13:30   #238  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl2007 View Post
One question: how it's normal for the menu elements to appear ? From pushing 1 or 2 ?

I ask you this because sometimes preview appears from pressing elements from 2 and sometimes only by choosing from the drop-down.
It's not normal on 2. It was a debug feature for me.
I uploaded a bugfix last night (v0.20b2)
Normally you can see a bitmap click on the object id in the Buttons and some fields of the header.
Old 7th March 2010, 15:41   #239  |  Link
crl2007

I downloaded now 20b2. That's what I see, that's why I said it would be a hassle to edit so many bitmaps just to replace a word. But, it's a start, and if you can figure out how to save in a new m2ts it would be great. Keep up the good work. It's highly appreciated.
Old 11th March 2010, 14:04   #240  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Help

I'm looking for a sw player which can play BD movie from harddisk folder. Especially the menu. Some older versions of PowerDVD can do it, but don't know which version exactly. I've tried some 7.xx but doesn't play BD. I also tried the Totalmedia Theater, but it cannot start on my Windows 7 x64.
Any idea?

A screenshot from the next version:

Tags
bd menu, bdedit, blu-ray