Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th March 2011, 08:00   #13301  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If you switch the VC-1 decoder in ffdshow to "wmv9" (i think it was called), it should work. avcodec just does not support interlaced vc-1.

Other people seem to be using either the MS Decoder (considering its their own format, i would figure they do a good job at decoding it), or the Cyberlink/ArcSoft solutions.
Old 25th March 2011, 08:32   #13302  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy duncan View Post
same problem for ntsc mpeg2 when it should read 29.976 the osd shows it as 29.97.
24000/1001 = 23.976023~

30000/1001 = 29.970029~

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 11:51   #13303  |  Link
jmone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
If you switch the VC-1 decoder in ffdshow to "wmv9" (i think it was called), it should work. avcodec just does not support interlaced vc-1.

Other people seem to be using either the MS Decoder (considering its their own format, i would figure they do a good job at decoding it), or the Cyberlink/ArcSoft solutions.
I've tried both the wmv9 and the MS DMO decoder, both are OK but the deinterlacing is pretty ordinary with visable fields (looks like weave to me)
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 17:29   #13304  |  Link
fastplayer

@Devs:
I've fixed a few typos in the ffdshow.rc:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bobhnrul2i1fesq
Please review and commit. Thanks!
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 21:46   #13305  |  Link
tal.aloni

fastplayer,
reviewed and committed, Thanks!
tal.aloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 22:49   #13306  |  Link
tal.aloni

Hi all,
there was an oddity that I fixed in rev. 3789:
prior to rev. 3789, all subtitles format except substation alpha formats (SSA / ASS / ASS2) could be turned on / off based on preset.
however, I couldn't see an apparent reason for this discrepancy, of course preset info is not available at early loading stage, but it seemed irrelevant to this case.
so in rev. 3789, substation alpha formats can be turned on / off based on preset as well.

if you have such subtitles and you notice any problems with rev. 3789 or later, please let me know.

b.t.w. it appears as if some other settings on this page can also be preset settings, but I'll leave it for now.

Last edited by tal.aloni; 25th March 2011 at 22:52.
Old 26th March 2011, 09:19   #13307  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tal.aloni View Post
fastplayer,
reviewed and committed, Thanks!
Thanks! I see you resized the "Search in" radio button which I was about to report
There are some issues with colons in the "Resize & aspect" options, specifically "Specify aspect ratio" and "PAR out of device". Both "reach" into another control element. Not a biggie but maybe you can take a look at those.
Anyway, why isn't DXVA installed by default? It should be, IMO.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:57   #13308  |  Link
tal.aloni

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastplayer View Post
Why isn't DXVA installed by default? It should be, IMO.
I believe DXVA can confuse many users who are not familiar with the technology, it's advantages and disadvantages (no post-processing, etc.), or don't even know if their hardware even support DXVA.
I think that for the non-savvy, our recommendation should be to skip DXVA usage completely, and only when there is a good reason to use DXVA, learn about it and install it,
at that stage, the user will figure out for himself to select DXVA during installation.

Quote:
There are some issues with colons in the "Resize & aspect" options, specifically "Specify aspect ratio" and "PAR out of device"
fixed in rev. 3791
Old 26th March 2011, 13:03   #13309  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
I think that for the non-savvy, our recommendation should be to skip DXVA usage completely, and only when there is a good reason to use DXVA, learn about it and install it,
at that stage, the user will figure out for himself to select DXVA during installation.
You're right. It requires quite a bit of knowledge to setup properly and deal with its limitations. Then there are out-of-date, buggy drivers...
Quote:
fixed in rev. 3791
Old 26th March 2011, 14:10   #13310  |  Link
fastplayer

Updated German language file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v10ngh2wi0mb9i3
Old 26th March 2011, 20:58   #13311  |  Link
tal.aloni

Quote:
Updated German language file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v10ngh2wi0mb9i3
committed as rev. 3794
Old 27th March 2011, 16:30   #13312  |  Link
V!roX

Enable subtitles

Hey, sorry for asking something that is probably really easy, but...

I just installed MPC-HC and ffdshow tryouts, because I wanted to test the superior subtitle rendering compared to VobSub.
But it looks like I can't get it to work: Apparently, my subtitles are rendered by MPC-HC itself. First without effects, and after turning them on in the MPC options, they started flickering.
It doesnt matter if the subtitles filter in the ffdshow tryouts config is activated or not, MPC-HC seems to ignore ffdshow on subtitle rendering.

How can I connect the ffdshow subtitle rendering to MPC-HC so it works without problems?
by the way, I'd prefer if subtitle effects were enabled.

Last edited by V!roX; 27th March 2011 at 16:33.
V!roX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 20:03   #13313  |  Link
khagaroth

Update for Czech translation:
ticket 3250134
khagaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 13:35   #13314  |  Link
tal.aloni

Quote:
Originally Posted by khagaroth View Post
Update for Czech translation:
ticket 3250134
done. please submit a TortoiseSVN patch file next time.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:36   #13315  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

Is it known problem that ffdshow has problem with interlaced MPEG2 content?

The situation: Win7, EVR, libavcodec or libmpeg2 (doesn't matter), YV12 or NV12 output (doesn't matter), haali or gabest ts splitter (doesn't matter).
The problem: if "Set interlaced flag in output media type" is set to "Auto" then frame rate flows from ~35 to ~50 fps on my interlaced PAL samples, combing is obvious.

If force bob deinterlacing and proper field order then there is no combing and I have proper 49-50 fps.
Gleb Egorych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 15:46   #13316  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb Egorych View Post

The situation: Win7, EVR, libavcodec or libmpeg2 (doesn't matter), YV12 or NV12 output (doesn't matter), haali or gabest ts splitter (doesn't matter).
The problem: if "Set interlaced flag in output media type" is set to "Auto" then frame rate flows from ~35 to ~50 fps on my interlaced PAL samples, combing is obvious.

If force bob deinterlacing and proper field order then there is no combing and I have proper 49-50 fps.
I don't have such problems.
I use MPEG profile for output to NV12 becouse of HW deinterlacing and using it for DVB-t LiveTV.

FFDshow 3775, MSVS 2010 (x86)

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 16:19   #13317  |  Link
clsid

I have found a regression related to the recent cleanup of the Output page in ffdshow video decoder. It has broken thumbnailing by Windows Explorer. I have narrowed it down to the setting "Allow output format changes during playback" (which has been removed). Thumbnailing works when that old setting is in indeterminate state, but not when fully checked.

@stargazer69
Can you have a look at this issue?

Here is a reg tweak to enable thumbnailing if needed:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.flv\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11D1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]
@="{c5a40261-cd64-4ccf-84cb-c394da41d590}"
Edit: should be fixed in r3800

Last edited by clsid; 28th March 2011 at 21:00.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 18:35   #13318  |  Link
Chikuzen
typo lover

Hi, devs.
Why did you change Japanese transration ?
r3796 changed some correct transration to wrong.

Please revert r3796, and return them to Yamagata's.

Last edited by Chikuzen; 29th March 2011 at 01:29.
Chikuzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 20:26   #13319  |  Link
Ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb Egorych View Post

I have the same problem. I always assumed this was due to badly flagged MPEG-2 streams (DVB sourced in my case). IIRC the Microsoft decoder shows the same combing as ffdshow in Auto/Auto mode.

One problem with the current flagging algo (MatMaul's code IIRC) is that if force bob is used and field order can't be detected the auto field order falls back to bottom field first even for PAL content. Since PAL is nearly always top field first it should fall back to TFF for PAL IMHO. The optimal solution would be to improve the auto field order detection and auto flagging in general, but I don't even know if that's possible. TVs and STBs don't have these combing/field order issues though.

The (automatic and not configurable) implementation in MPC-HC's libmpeg2 based MPEG-2 decoder works better for me (with JanWillem32's test build it outputs NV12 with the "set interlaced flag..." option cheked). I see no combing with that decoder with my problem sample, but it has other weaknesses compared to ffdshow, less configurable, no support for 4:2:2 sources and needs FTC to be on in MPC-HC + EVR-CP with some other samples.

Last edited by Ger; 22nd April 2011 at 15:31. Reason: Added sample link and more details
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 20:57   #13320  |  Link
ilkertezcan

My question to developers: There isn't Picture properties on FFDshow DxVA...
Is impossible change to gamma/brightness etc. settings of the video when actived DxVA mode?
ilkertezcan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl