Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th July 2010, 21:05   #8801  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianus View Post
They did reencode this time, though -- originally the process only took a couple of hours and little memory because apparently all it was doing was stripping out unwanted audio tracks. But for this batch process it took an entire weekend, maxed out my memory and CPU while running and the resulting files were significantly smaller than the first attempt (though still not small enough).

I'll attach my encode log to show that video really was being reencoded.

Again, my current INI file looks like this:

Code:
[Options]
MODE=0
ENCODE_QUALITY=0
ONEPASS_ENCODING=2
AUTO_QUALITY=1
TARGET_SIZE=23200
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;fas;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DEINTERLACE=1
DTS_REENCODE=1
AC3_REENCODE=1
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=0
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
FULL_AVCHD=0
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
FORCE_ENCODE=1
[Paths]
WORKING_PATH=\\.PSF\EXTRA\BD\TEMP\
SOURCE_PATH=W:\BD\DECRYPTED\STARTSHIP_TROOPERS_1_P1\
Then where is the INF from that one? The others won't do any good...
Old 14th July 2010, 21:13   #8802  |  Link
brianus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Then where is the INF from that one? The others won't do any good...
Those are the INF's that were generated this weekend. I don't have the ones from previous jobs (in fact I had never tried A Mighty Heart or Green Mile before setting FORCE_ENCODE=1).
brianus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 21:35   #8803  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs;
Just curious, and you are probably already aware of this, , but as I reported a problem a few days ago about missing button highlights on a BD-RB backup, I notice that if I load the menu .m2ts file in tsMuxeR, it displays only 2 streams, a MPEG2 and a AC3. If, However, I load that same .m2ts file in TsRemux, it displays 3 streams, MPEG2, AC3 and an Interactive Graphics Stream.
So it appears that tsMuxeR is the cause for the missing button highlights.
Now, to get this and DTS Express secondary audio licked will be another obstacle for you!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 22:06   #8804  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@jdobbs;
Just curious, and you are probably already aware of this, , but as I reported a problem a few days ago about missing button highlights on a BD-RB backup, I notice that if I load the menu .m2ts file in tsMuxeR, it displays only 2 streams, a MPEG2 and a AC3. If, However, I load that same .m2ts file in TsRemux, it displays 3 streams, MPEG2, AC3 and an Interactive Graphics Stream.
So it appears that tsMuxeR is the cause for the missing button highlights.
Now, to get this and DTS Express secondary audio licked will be another obstacle for you!
This is actually good news. That means that it is the problem I was suspecting. I can fix that one with a little remuxing magic. This isn't the same disc/problem were were discussing in posts #8761 and #8762 is it?

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th July 2010 at 22:09.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 22:40   #8805  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
This is actually good news. That means that it is the problem I was suspecting. I can fix that one with a little remuxing magic. This isn't the same disc/problem were were discussing in posts #8761 and #8762 is it?
Yes actually it is. I guess I was mis-reading BDEdit, or at least was not viewing the correct playlist when I reported last time.
Sorry about that, and I will hold on to that one on my hard drive for testing if you would like! To be able to confirm "I can fix that one with a little remuxing magic".
Old 15th July 2010, 06:14   #8806  |  Link
gamete

can i set a delay when reencode the movie with bdrebuilder?
gamete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 07:35   #8807  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Yes actually it is. I guess I was mis-reading BDEdit, or at least was not viewing the correct playlist when I reported last time.
Sorry about that, and I will hold on to that one on my hard drive for testing if you would like! To be able to confirm "I can fix that one with a little remuxing magic".
Give me a couple of days and I'll get a test version to you. I'm writing a module to handle this and also DTS Express PiP audio.
Old 15th July 2010, 15:15   #8808  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Give me a couple of days and I'll get a test version to you. I'm writing a module to handle this and also DTS Express PiP audio.
Excellent! Very good news. I will be looking forward to it.
Old 15th July 2010, 20:42   #8809  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
Look in all the entries in the INF files. They all say NSIZE=0. That's means they aren't being reencoded, otherwise that would be set to the size after reencoding. Your configuration has to be hosed... It sure looks like your system has "FORCE_NOENCODE" set.

I don't think it is related to .2 -- in fact you are the only person reporting this issue.

See post # 8643.
HatchetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 23:18   #8810  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetMan View Post
[/B]

See post # 8643.
Different. Look at your INF and look at his. They're not even close to the same...
Old 15th July 2010, 23:38   #8811  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
Different. Look at your INF and look at his. They're not even close to the same...
I was referencing the oversize. If his is so different, any ideas on mine?
Old 15th July 2010, 23:49   #8812  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I was referencing the oversize. If his is so different, any ideas on mine?
Frankly I don't know how yours oversized. I looked at all the files -- and it looks like it should be sized correctly to me. Is there any chance you may have changed the audio selections after encoding but before before building? BD-RB doesn't readjust when that happens.

[Edit] Actually I'm confused looking at your INF for a second time. On 00008 the INF says "USE_ORIGINAL=1" -- but NSIZE is greater than the target. That should be impossible unless "FORCE_NOENCODE" is set -- and that would affect all the streams. There's gotta' be a bug in there somewhere.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th July 2010 at 00:23.
Old 16th July 2010, 03:16   #8813  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
Frankly I don't know how yours oversized. I looked at all the files -- and it looks like it should be sized correctly to me. Is there any chance you may have changed the audio selections after encoding but before before building? BD-RB doesn't readjust when that happens.

[Edit] Actually I'm confused looking at your INF for a second time. On 00008 the INF says "USE_ORIGINAL=1" -- but NSIZE is greater than the target. That should be impossible unless "FORCE_NOENCODE" is set -- and that would affect all the streams. There's gotta' be a bug in there somewhere.
I absolutely did not touch anything between encoding and building. I have also never touched any of the hidden settings. The oversize only happened on this disc, but three times in a row, so I finally just backed up 'movie only' and came out with a pretty small output. Thanks.
Old 16th July 2010, 04:01   #8814  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I absolutely did not touch anything between encoding and building. I have also never touched any of the hidden settings. The oversize only happened on this disc, but three times in a row, so I finally just backed up 'movie only' and came out with a pretty small output. Thanks.
Can you post what audio streams you were keeping, the type of audio, and the settings? I'd like to see if maybe there was something unusual about them that confused BD-RB and it didn't set aside enough space. Right now BD-RB apparently thinks the video will fit without reencoding -- but after it's muxed it is 1GB larger than it should be. Hmmm... can you also look at the size of the subtitles and see if they are large?

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th July 2010 at 04:03.
Old 16th July 2010, 07:11   #8815  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs;
I have been reviewing my list of BD-RB backups that have experienced the no audio heard for the main title when making a full movie backup burned to BD5/9 media, and, though initially thought it was a problem with Universal titles, now believe it is related to PiP.
All of the Universal titles that I have done this way, the latest being The Bourne Identity, have PiP with DTS Express audio. I have set BD-RB to not include the PiP video for all of them, and they have all experienced the same results.
The multiAVCHD re-author while substituting an external audio for the main title has corrected this problem for all of them.
So it appears, as you expected, that there is nothing special or different about Universal titles, except that they tend to have PiP with DTS Express audio, where others may not. However, as I experienced with Twilight, not a Universal title, but which had PiP with DTS Express audio, the results were the same as a Universal title.
This issue seems to only occur when using DVD media and not BD-R/RE media.
My hope is that this will help you uncover the cause, so that we all can make reliable full movie backups to BD5/9 media regardless of the contents/structure of the original retail Blu-ray.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:43   #8816  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
@jdobbs;
I have been reviewing my list of BD-RB backups that have experienced the no audio heard for the main title when making a full movie backup burned to BD5/9 media, and, though initially thought it was a problem with Universal titles, now believe it is related to PiP.
All of the Universal titles that I have done this way, the latest being The Bourne Identity, have PiP with DTS Express audio. I have set BD-RB to not include the PiP video for all of them, and they have all experienced the same results.
The multiAVCHD re-author while substituting an external audio for the main title has corrected this problem for all of them.
So it appears, as you expected, that there is nothing special or different about Universal titles, except that they tend to have PiP with DTS Express audio, where others may not. However, as I experienced with Twilight, not a Universal title, but which had PiP with DTS Express audio, the results were the same as a Universal title.
This issue seems to only occur when using DVD media and not BD-R/RE media.
My hope is that this will help you uncover the cause, so that we all can make reliable full movie backups to BD5/9 media regardless of the contents/structure of the original retail Blu-ray.
I'm sure that you're aware of this, but it only occurs on Sony standalone players on bd5/9. I presume from what you have tried that it may be the Sony being very strict to the standard and of course it will be nice if something is found which makes the Sonys work as well.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 23:28   #8817  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
I'm sure that you're aware of this, but it only occurs on Sony standalone players on bd5/9. I presume from what you have tried that it may be the Sony being very strict to the standard and of course it will be nice if something is found which makes the Sonys work as well.
No actually I was not aware of this, but thought Sony standalone players were the most compatible when it comes to AVCHD. I am aware that jdobbs has the same player, and has reported great success with his backups.
This could be easily reproduced by jdobbs if he has any of these movies or types I have listed, and since he has the same Sony S360, may also help him determine whatever necessary corrections will make these backups more compatible with all players.
Old 16th July 2010, 23:42   #8818  |  Link
drmih

I also have a 360 and 550 which have this exact issue with PiP discs but have a couple of other standalones which play the discs fine - they are cheaper products which the kids have in their bedrooms but never the less play the discs okay. They also seem to manage with the discs where the Sony's loose some of the buttons on the main menu (Che - parts 1 and 2 come to mind).
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 00:32   #8819  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
I also have a 360 and 550 which have this exact issue with PiP discs but have a couple of other standalones which play the discs fine - they are cheaper products which the kids have in their bedrooms but never the less play the discs okay. They also seem to manage with the discs where the Sony's loose some of the buttons on the main menu (Che - parts 1 and 2 come to mind).
This may be good news, if other mfg's are making players with better compatibility for AVCHD. My experience with Samsung, Panasonic, and LG, at least in the past, have not been favorable. I know there are many others too, so this is encouraging!
Old 17th July 2010, 02:01   #8820  |  Link
jdobbs

This is very definitely a Sony-only issue. But since I have a Sony, it is also a high priority!