Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 24th September 2018, 12:22   #16121  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
For science you could also manually increase priority for EncodingServer.exe to HIGH using Task Manager/Process Hacker.

Who knows maybe 4 running encoders are just choking to death EncodingServer.exe when all have the same priority.
And would doing that, have the same result/affect as the server settings within Ripbot (eg:- RipBot264.ini)

"Server1CommandLine=/port 1000 /minimize /priority low"
burt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 12:53   #16122  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

/priority low sets EncodingServer.exe,ffmpeg.exe,x264.exe,x265.exe
so my suggestion is to manually change priority for encodingserver.exe from low to high. Rest of encoding processes (ffmpeg and so on) will be running in normal priority (because child processes can't inherit higher priority from parent).

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 24th September 2018 at 13:13.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 13:16   #16123  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
so my suggestion is to manually change priority for encodingserver.exe from low to high. Rest of encoding processes (ffmpeg and so on) will be running in normal priority (because child processes can't inherit higher priority from parent).
OK, well that sounds like a plan..

Just got newest auto update with new core & encoder build's.

So just confirm, (I just went into Process Hacker to have a look for myself), so once the priority is changed, then save for encoder.exe, to lock it in.
Old 24th September 2018, 13:23   #16124  |  Link
Ryushin

Encoding Server Startup Crash on Latest Update

Updates just applied and I'm receiving a error when starting up the EncodingServer.exe. Error: List index out of bounds (0)

I've updated two different servers and both are receiving the same errors.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 13:39   #16125  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Updates just applied and I'm receiving a error when starting up the EncodingServer.exe. Error: List index out of bounds (0)

I had that error twice, a week or so ago, and it cleared out what jobs I had in the queue.

Haven't given the latest update a "proper" run.
Old 24th September 2018, 13:45   #16126  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt123 View Post
I had that error twice, a week or so ago, and it cleared out what jobs I had in the queue.

Haven't given the latest update a "proper" run.
At least all my jobs are still there then. Man, I would have panicked to have lost the 100+ jobs. I least I could restore the virtual machine that holds the jobs from a snapshot.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 14:36   #16127  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Will give it a shot and let you know.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 18:16   #16128  |  Link
Privateer5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post

Same Problem here. But i have no Jobs in Queue. Get the Error when Ripbot starts and is trying to start up the Encoding Server.
Privateer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 19:38   #16129  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer5000 View Post
Same Problem here. But i have no Jobs in Queue. Get the Error when Ripbot starts and is trying to start up the Encoding Server.
I get this issue as well on one Win7 PC. It has to do with the new version of EncodingServer.exe, because the debug version and the old 1.12.0.0 runs without the error.
Stuck using the 1.12.1.0 debug version right now, since I didn't have a backup of the official 1.12.1.0

Last edited by byteshare; 24th September 2018 at 20:22.
Old 24th September 2018, 19:48   #16130  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
For science you could also manually increase priority for EncodingServer.exe to HIGH using Task Manager/Process Hacker.

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9N691vz/Untitled-1.png

Who knows maybe 4 running encoders are just choking to death EncodingServer.exe when all have the same priority.
Before I do this, I noticed this: blob:https://imgur.com/7b61a4a0-9b2e-44ad-b5c4-4fd14c10713a
This is a Win10 Machine, the same one that I went from 4 to 2 encoding servers. Not sure why it stalled.

Running the Priority High change now...

Last edited by byteshare; 24th September 2018 at 19:50.
Old 25th September 2018, 02:24   #16131  |  Link
Danette

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt123 View Post
Hi Danette,

Well, I just did a test for you, I loaded several episodes of a series I have, set a few options, and it loaded every file without issue.

However, as soon as I pressed Start, thats when the problems started, some avisynth error (should have taken a screenshot), so I tried another file, same error, so I imported another file, (not in batch mode), and it did the same thing.

Are you having any problems with just single movie jobs ??

So, what I tried was re installing the latest AviSynth that Ripbot has, and then tried again, and it all went as it should.

So do you know how to install AviSynth from the Ripbot Tools folder ??

In the main Ripbot folder, you'll see a folder called "Tools", go in there, then a folder called "AviSynth", go in there, there should be another 4 folders, and "install.cmd"...double click on that, and that will refresh / install not only the latest version of AviSynth, but all the required Microsoft Visual C++ versions.

So give that a shot, and see what happens.
Well ...the solution didn't hold. I'm back to the "Jobs Rejected" activity for batch jobs. Can't even try to solve the Avisynth loading issues at this point. Looking more and more like RipBot264 is really more useful for single jobs where multiple computers are involved. Batch functionality seems very buggy on my Win 7 desktop. MeGUI works like a champ for both batch processing and employing Avisynth script. I just prefer the RipBot264 layout.

If anyone is interested in trying to solve this, I'd be happy to to receive your help. As it is, whenever I try a simple batch job , every other file loaded (the even numbered jobs) results in a "Job Rejected" message. The log file states "I don't know what YV12 means" but, apparently, it does "know" what YV12 means because the odd numbered jobs process fine.
Danette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 02:42   #16132  |  Link
burt123

Back to the drawing board

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
I get this issue as well on one Win7 PC. It has to do with the new version of EncodingServer.exe, because the debug version and the old 1.12.0.0 runs without the error.
Stuck using the 1.12.1.0 debug version right now, since I didn't have a backup of the official 1.12.1.0
OK, well I can confirm that there is a serious problem with the latest update, every time I open Ripbot, the same error comes up, showing multiple error screens, and it doesn't matter if there are any jobs in the queue, or not.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5y5qwn...pdate.jpg/file

This is on W10 (1809) RS5.

Changing Encoder priority doesn't change anything either.

The only thing that does do anything is if you disable DE, which isn't really a good option

So definitely back to the drawing board !!!!!

Well, I have an interesting update to share..

I get this above error on both Windows 10 Pro (1809), and Windows Server 2016 Datacentre....which are both single cpu pc's. (No NUMA)

and the only way to get rid of the error is to go back to the previous build of encoder.exe.

However, the error does NOT occur on Windows 10 Enterprise (1809), but this pc is a dual "old" Xeon X5690 with NUMA Nodes enabled.

So I'm just trying to give some options to what might be the problem.

Haven't tried in on the W7 pc, yet.

Just tried it on my little DELL laptop, with some DE servers enabled, on W7...no problem. I get all the updates on this, and copy them around all the other pc's I've got.

OK, yet another update...just tried it on the W7 dual "old" Xeon pc, and has the same error

So you either have to do 1 of 2 things, replace the encoder.exe with previous, or disable DE.

Last edited by burt123; 25th September 2018 at 07:04. Reason: more info after testing
Old 25th September 2018, 13:30   #16133  |  Link
slalom

Hi Atak
an error with the latest update, for the Encodingserver.exe

"List index out of bounds (0)"
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 22:58   #16134  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
I did this but so far, I've only had the encodingserver.exe stall at starting and not during an encode. Will keep testing.
Old 26th September 2018, 17:38   #16135  |  Link
slalom

New update, new error

Code:
Established connection with client... 192.168.1.3:1003
ERROR! File \\192.168.1.3\RipBot264temp\job228\Chunks\21.cmd does not exist!
Encoding terminated.

Connection Closed Gracefully.
ERROR! File \\192.168.1.3\RipBot264temp\job228\Chunks\21.cmd does not exist!
Encoding terminated.
Looks like the client can't find the path to connect
Old 26th September 2018, 17:52   #16136  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Change Client ip
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2018, 18:49   #16137  |  Link
slalom

I only have one IP in that box, the local IP in each PC
Old 26th September 2018, 23:56   #16138  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
I did this but so far, I've only had the encodingserver.exe stall at starting and not during an encode. Will keep testing.
Newest version seemed to solve the starting EncodingServer.exe issue on my one PC. Seems to have solved the stalling (shuts down the EncodingServer.exe at some points) but I have to start the EncodingServer.exe again sometimes to get all of the servers going.
Doesn't seem to have fixed the not starting an encode (getting stuck at starting). Over all seems in a better place.

And now, for some reason, I can't connect from one computer to another, but I can when using the 1.12.1.0 Test Debug version. I've turned off Windows Firewall on both computers while testing this. Both are Windows 7 machines.
I think the newer version for some reason isn't registering the port correctly because if I start the Debug version either before or after the 1.12.2.0 it will still use the same ports. And I have tried a Reboot on both machine.
Old 27th September 2018, 02:06   #16139  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Newest version seemed to solve the starting EncodingServer.exe issue on my one PC. Seems to have solved the stalling (shuts down the EncodingServer.exe at some points) but I have to start the EncodingServer.exe again sometimes to get all of the servers going.
Doesn't seem to have fixed the not starting an encode (getting stuck at starting). Over all seems in a better place.

And now, for some reason, I can't connect from one computer to another, but I can when using the 1.12.1.0 Test Debug version. I've turned off Windows Firewall on both computers while testing this. Both are Windows 7 machines.
I think the newer version for some reason isn't registering the port correctly because if I start the Debug version either before or after the 1.12.2.0 it will still use the same ports. And I have tried a Reboot on both machine.
Do you think this may have something to do with the relatively new feature shown in Atak's post #16136..."Client IP" ??

I've yet to try this update !!!
Old 27th September 2018, 06:23   #16140  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Change Client ip
Will this have to be changed every time you open/re-open Ripbot, if you have multiple nic's/IP's ??

I think I've answered my own question...and yes, it does appear to remember

Last edited by burt123; 27th September 2018 at 06:48.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360