Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 22nd October 2002, 01:48   #1  |  Link
Xitrum

How to author multiple PGCs with different bit rate for audio

Hi, I just wondering if somebody could help me with my problem.
I'm trying to re-author the extras of the "Back to the Future 3" movie.
The VTS_03_x title set has 4 different PGCs. The first PGC has an audio track of 256kbps and the other PGCs all have an audio track of about 192kbps.
I followed the guide on this site to author the extra buts when I go to the scenario editor and tried to import the PGCs in. Scenarist complained that the first PGC has a sound track that had a different bit rate compared with other sound tracks on other PGCs, and did not let me go any further.

My questions are:
How would I get over this problem in Scenarist?
Is there an option(s) in scenarist to tell the software to ignore PGCs with different bit rates?
If Q2 is not possible, how did the original DVD overcome this problems.

The other questions I have which related to this problem are:
Q1. Can you use Scenarist to author the main movie and the extra separately, or they have to be author at the same time?

Q2. If we can author them separately, do we need to use IFOUpate to update the .IFO file for the extra? I did try to author the extras separately from the main movie yesterday, then I used IFOUpate to update the .IFO file (after rename the VOB file from VTS_01_x.xxx to VTS_02_x.xxx). IFOUpdate did update the .IFO files, I think but complained about the VIDEO_TS.IFO file produced by scenarist for the extras.

Thanks very much in advance.
Old 22nd October 2002, 12:05   #2  |  Link
auenf

you will have to put the other audios in separate tracks, and force audio to that track in each PGC.

Enf...
Old 23rd October 2002, 00:25   #3  |  Link
Xitrum

auenf, can you explain to me how to force the audio to those tracks. I guessed what you meant by putting the other audios in the other tracks is to create a dummy audio track with the bit rate of 192kbps in the first track, and also create 3 differents dummy audio track with a bit rate of 256kbps and add them to the other 3 tracks so that they both have 2 audio tracks each.
The other questions also is would you know how they manage to have audio tracks with different bit rate in the original DVD?
Old 23rd October 2002, 14:48   #4  |  Link
auenf

i know how to force audio tracks in Maestro, but not in scenarist sorry.

Enf...
Old 23rd October 2002, 14:58   #5  |  Link
oddyseus

that would be nice too.
I mean we all like to learn from the pros. As I understand you r a professional Authorer. Aren?t you?

So share your knowledge with the rest of us. How someone can force the audio in a different track?

"when u r aiming for the impossible everything else is within reach." Mike

ps. respect the forum rules, read, search and only then post.
oddyseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2002, 14:44   #6  |  Link
auenf

right click on the playlist (in the tree) and you have a series of check boxes in groups down the bottom, 'Disabled Subtitle Tracks' and 'Disabled Audio Tracks', you may as well disable the audio change button at the top too.

Enf...