Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 16th April 2010, 19:24   #12501  |  Link
Spec-Chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gser View Post
Compresses the audio's dynamic range. It is evil
<Yoda> Evil it is not. Useful it is. Watch films at night-time I do. Wake daughter with loud bangs I do not. </Yoda>
Old 17th April 2010, 12:54   #12502  |  Link
kieranrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
True. But at least the original libav/ffmpeg VC-1 decoder programmer is mentoring the GSOC project. That should give us some hope. Even if the student should fail to complete his task, Kostya might take over the crumbs and complete the work.
Not going to happen at all it seems.
Old 17th April 2010, 17:18   #12503  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by edigee View Post
I don't think so. I have THAT specific behaviour with Cyberlink H264 decoder(DXVA)-PDVD9 in KMPlayer ,for some 720p H264 L@5.1 16 ref. files.
As you can see in my signature i do have a uvd2.2 card.

That kmplayer/cyberlink decoder test does seem to point that at least for your card the problem is not in the mpchc code.
However we do know that kmplayer is in part based on mpc-hc so the faulty code might still be shared.
Old 17th April 2010, 18:28   #12504  |  Link
me7

I've just moved to x64 (Win7) and I can't get MPC-HC to use the ffdshow audio decoder. I have both, MPC-HC and ffdshow as x64 versions and I've set "ffdshow audio decoder" as a preferred external filter but MPC-HC refuses to load it. Is there a known limitation I'm not aware of?
Old 17th April 2010, 19:42   #12505  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by me7 View Post
I've just moved to x64 (Win7) and I can't get MPC-HC to use the ffdshow audio decoder. I have both, MPC-HC and ffdshow as x64 versions and I've set "ffdshow audio decoder" as a preferred external filter but MPC-HC refuses to load it. Is there a known limitation I'm not aware of?
Dunno about 64-bit but in the 32-bit build I have to disable the internal AAC filter to make ffdshow's decoder load...
Old 17th April 2010, 20:04   #12506  |  Link
deets

hmm my BBC HD captures dont display in the correct aspect ratio using mpc DXVA decoder. its 4:4 instead of 16:9. itv hd caps work fine
Old 17th April 2010, 21:36   #12507  |  Link
me7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastplayer View Post
Dunno about 64-bit but in the 32-bit build I have to disable the internal AAC filter to make ffdshow's decoder load...
I disabled the corresponding internal filters. MPC-HC loads the microsoft decoder instead of ffdshow.
Old 17th April 2010, 22:04   #12508  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
Nope i didn't. It's a clean Win7-64bit install from DVD (firefox is the only other app ... that clean). I use BitDefenter internet security 2010, and are still working with a 1950XT and Catalyst 10.2. Also used the DX web installer to get DX up to spec, also all updates and patches from windows-update are applied (ofcourse with a legit windows )

I just grabbed the installer version of MPC-HT 1788 from xvid-video.ru and installed that on this clean system.

one point of interest maybe: Windows 7 insists on numbering my secondary-display, my TV, as "1" and my main screen as "2". Have no idea how to reverse that order, and why windows does that for that matter. Maybe Windows chooses the main display based on which has the highest resolution ?
Second point of interest: User account control [UAC] is switched. on. It protects by limiting reading from and writing to registry, am i right ? It does pop up when i dont start up in vista compatilbillity mode. Might that be what's preventing MPC-HT to start up reguarly ?
Old 17th April 2010, 22:27   #12509  |  Link
edigee

Quote:
I disabled the corresponding internal filters. MPC-HC loads the microsoft decoder instead of ffdshow.
Try to block it (the microsoft decoder)from the external filters.
Old 18th April 2010, 01:29   #12510  |  Link
me7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edigee View Post
Try to block it (the microsoft decoder)from the external filters.
I already did. It fell back to the deactivated internal filter (with the info "low merit").
I guess I'll stick with 32-bit.
Old 18th April 2010, 01:46   #12511  |  Link
Snowknight26

When decoding WMV8, the MPC Video Decoder seems to shift the chroma plane by a few pixels when decoding to YV12, reproducable with a graph of MPC Video Decoder -> Video Renderer. One interesting thing I noticed, though, is that if you substitute Video Renderer wtih ffdshow video decoder -> EVR, the chroma plane is still shifted but the output isn't identical either. Either way, the issue remains. ffdshow on its own can decode WMV8 fine, as can recent builds of ffmpeg.

Sample: http://www.htc.com/uploadedFiles/Com...70x433_WMV.zip
Old 18th April 2010, 08:57   #12512  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
I already did. It fell back to the deactivated internal filter (with the info "low merit").
I guess I'll stick with 32-bit.
Same thing happened with my attempts to get madFlac running.

I installed it, tried to use it in MPC-HT. Didn't work, disabled other flac decoders, but still didn't get it running. The MPC-HT decoder was used instead with low merit.

Ended up uninstalling madflac :sad: Don't know to get my multichannel flacs running now

It's not straightforward to get Win 7-64 running as i was used to in XP. Guess i'll have to consider reverting to 32 bit also.

Maybe the MPC-HT flac decoder can be updated to multichannel ?

Last edited by G_M_C; 18th April 2010 at 09:00.
Old 18th April 2010, 11:58   #12513  |  Link
me7

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
Same thing happened with my attempts to get madFlac running.

I installed it, tried to use it in MPC-HT. Didn't work, disabled other flac decoders, but still didn't get it running. The MPC-HT decoder was used instead with low merit.

Ended up uninstalling madflac :sad: Don't know to get my multichannel flacs running now

It's not straightforward to get Win 7-64 running as i was used to in XP. Guess i'll have to consider reverting to 32 bit also.

Maybe the MPC-HT flac decoder can be updated to multichannel ?

Seems like my problem was just a glitch. I tried to uninstall ffdshow x64 but couldn't since the uninstall data was corrupt. I decided to install it again to the same directory, hoping it would overwrite all old files and registry entries and create valid uninstall data. I reinstalled it and tried it again before attempting another uninstall...and now it works with MPC-HC.

Seems like my install was messed up.
Old 18th April 2010, 13:10   #12514  |  Link
DMD

ffdshow video is a problem or mpchc?

happens with 2 different releases of ffdshow:

pin SubPicure DVD navigator connected to pin MPC

ffdshow_rev2099_20080903_clsid_sse_icl10

because the pin SubPicure MPC is not automatically linked?

one of the latest releases ffdshow_rev3356_20100411_sse_icl11

Last edited by DMD; 18th April 2010 at 13:59.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:10   #12515  |  Link
molitar

Ok tried to report this bug but stupid site is giving traceback errors.. This one is becoming a real nuisance and not a single reply to this bug I posted a while back..

Ok a bug with MPC-Home.. when trying to navigate jump when you got a filename like.. <filename> - 170.mkv it will fail to jump.. I can jump from any number up to 169 but when it hits 170 it fails every single time.. try to jump and nothing happens but choose like 169 and it jumps just fine. Seems to be some limit on file count because I can rename files similar in a smaller directory and jumping works fine their too.

I have files starting from 070 - 180 in that folder of files not burned yet... that is 111 files and I can not jump past file 169. That means I can not jump past file 99 in the list. I have tried another directory with 001 - 115 and again can not jump past file 100. Seems to be a limit on the number of files in the playlist for jump navigation. I have even tried with various revisions others have done and it exists in all versions.

Last edited by molitar; 18th April 2010 at 15:40.
Old 18th April 2010, 17:50   #12516  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
When decoding WMV8, the MPC Video Decoder seems to shift the chroma plane by a few pixels when decoding to YV12, reproducable with a graph of MPC Video Decoder -> Video Renderer. One interesting thing I noticed, though, is that if you substitute Video Renderer wtih ffdshow video decoder -> EVR, the chroma plane is still shifted but the output isn't identical either. Either way, the issue remains. ffdshow on its own can decode WMV8 fine, as can recent builds of ffmpeg.

Sample: http://www.htc.com/uploadedFiles/Com...70x433_WMV.zip
Although only quite recent versions of MPC-HC seem to be affected by this problem, e.g. rev1650 is doing it wrong whilst rev1311 is doing it right.
Old 18th April 2010, 19:32   #12517  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

I wrote a post in the ffdshow thread about updating dshow-ffmpeg and using it as clean standard for both our projects.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...05#post1392805
Old 19th April 2010, 01:12   #12518  |  Link
Polcius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gser View Post
Compresses the audio's dynamic range. It is evil
Ok, but how can I set the compression level?

In my audio card (Creative X-Fi) I checked "standard" range compression.

I assume that the checkbox in MPC-HC "activates" these soundcard's compression levels. Am I wrong?
Old 19th April 2010, 02:50   #12519  |  Link
laichung

Anyone try to use mpchc to play netstream in DVBViewer?
I discovered that, mpchc can connect to the stream server (for example http://127.0.0.1:2345), a temp. file is generated at the Internet temp folder, but it won't start to play until the stream is stop.
Old 19th April 2010, 03:09   #12520  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaking View Post
to all developer today in istall vs2010 rtm,but can not Compilate last mpc-hc svn! see Errorlog!
I can compile MPC-HC with VS2010, but ... it's not stable and has bug in GUI(like without themes support).

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc