Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th June 2012, 14:07   #41  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Your screenshots at post #14 show nothing near related to the actual problem that sample with colorbars shows. They only show that you was having problems with levels clipping
You say Artefacts on high contrast areas and show 2 screenshots one with artefacts and one without. But absence artefacts on one screen and presence on another explained by clipping on 1st screen and just encoding artefacts on another. The real problem only can be seen in colorbars sample and it behaves way differently than these artefacts. Its not my fault that i was looking into wrong things, I was looking at what you was showing to me.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 29th June 2012 at 14:16.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 15:24   #42  |  Link
kolak

Fro me it's all related to same bug in ffmpeg (even if this is more than one problem inside ffmpeg) and I hope it will be fixed.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 15:32   #43  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Screens at post #14 cant be related. I proved it 2 times. You only see disappearing of the weak encoding artefacts when deal with levels in a wrong way. If you can post sample from which these screens was taken I believe I can prove the same with your sample, not the one created by myself. This is too obvious now. DNxHD not lossless it always creates atrefacts even with highest possible settings. Image can't look as clean as on your 1st image if handled properly. But if you clip the levels - sure this is can be reproduced.
Colorbars sample shows totally different issue. It is reproduseable very easily and can be seen even regardless of possible levels issue due to different nature of the bug. Problem is only one - ghost lines as shown in color bars. It only can be seen in colored video, its not possible to reproduce bug with black and white material. No wonder, cause bug comes from issues with chroma.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 29th June 2012 at 15:54.
Old 29th June 2012, 15:57   #44  |  Link
kolak

Here is some sample so you can play with it (comes from the same file as text samples)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v86w3w

Look at the artefacts around text.
Old 29th June 2012, 16:02   #45  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post
Here is some sample so you can play with it (comes from the same file as text samples)

This is not the same thing you taken screens from so I can't show you where you was wrong using this one. Sample does shows problem but again its not the same as at screens in post #14. The problem comes from chroma, even if the chroma have weak color values. Screes at post #14 are black and white and cant show real problem. All confusion if because for some reason it looks similar to you.

The conclusion: bug exists, and can be easily duplicated with colored video. It can be seen best on colorbars video but on the last posted sample too. Video doesnt even have to be real 10bit just encoded as 10bit DNxHD tdo see this issue. However post #14 can't and doesn't show the problem. It may be looks similar but nothing more than mistake with levels. Second screenshot shows correct output, first, the clean one - not correct, none of these two illustrates bug. If you will highlight these artefacts on 2nd screen in better way you will see that they are actually not even lines but blocks - macroblocks, compression artefacts. If you still don't believe - I give up.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 29th June 2012 at 16:30.
Old 29th June 2012, 16:33   #46  |  Link
kolak

I never said what is/causes the problem as I don't know. FFmpeg output is wrong this what I know and I tried to warn other people to be careful. Fro me it's all the same problem and it=ffmpeg decoding- that's it. Output from other decoders is fine- simple as this.
Old 29th June 2012, 16:37   #47  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
I never said what is/causes the problem as I don't know. FFmpeg output is wrong this what I know and I tried to warn other people to be careful. Fro me it's all the same problem and it=ffmpeg decoding- that's it. Output from other decoders is fine- simple as this.
Then why you posy screenshots at all? If you post examples means you know where exactly problem is. But turned yout you post some unrelated screenshots. Would be way better if you would linked to that thread at google code to begin with. But anyway I'\m happy that we know that problem is there, now we need to solve it somehow. Thanks for notifying.
Old 2nd July 2012, 00:23   #48  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPikachu View Post
Just built a new FFMS that supports 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 videos, you can download it at: http://nmm.me/kx

I tested this version using a DNxHD sample posted on this page. Seems it works correctly, the LSB part come out without problem. AvsP incorrectly reports the clip as YV12, subtitle("IsYV16: " + string(IsYV16)) shows the clip is actually YV16.

Hope this helps.
I have problems to load 90min feature ProRes files using ffms2. Simple import sript+f3kbd_dither makes Vdub freeze on loading- nothing happens. It works fine on shorter samples- any hint?
Old 2nd July 2012, 01:42   #49  |  Link
SAPikachu

Quote:
I have problems to load 90min feature ProRes files using ffms2. Simple import sript+f3kbd_dither makes Vdub freeze on loading- nothing happens. It works fine on shorter samples- any hint?
When vdub freezes, is your hard drive operating? FFMS needs to scan the whole before it open the file first time, it may be because of this, just wait until your HD stops.

If it freezes after your HD stops, then it may be some compatibility issues of libav/ffms. Not much we can do, if possible try splitting the file into small parts and load them separately in your script.

ffms2 builds with 10bit output hack:
libav-9a60b1f / ffmpeg-1e4d049 / FFmbc-0.7.1
Built from ffms2 6e0d654 (hack a9fe004)

Mirrors: http://bit.ly/19TwDD3
SAPikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:00   #50  |  Link
kolak

This is what I thought- file is read over network, so probably it takes time to scan. Can I pre-scan file using scaner from official ffms2 release?

Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:12   #51  |  Link
SAPikachu

Not sure whether the official indexer is compatible, it is better to use the one in my build, just uploaded.

Old 2nd July 2012, 14:29   #52  |  Link
kolak

I'm not sure neither- I think it's not compatible.

Thanks- looks like indexing over network is very slow, even if I have proper gigabit network which works fine on Win 7.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:00   #53  |  Link
kolak

Quote:

Any news about ffms2 DNxHD10bit decoding bug (or whatever is causing it)?
Old 16th July 2012, 18:22   #54  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Sadly no. There is only 2-3 ways:
1) get ffmbc dev make patch for upstream, but he is not willing to do so
2) get ffms2 devs to fix it again, but this is not easy too.
3) make ffmpeg devs fix it, impossible. will take ages to commit even if it will happen.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 16th July 2012 at 19:54.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:19   #55  |  Link
kolak

Can't we use ffmbc as an engine for ffms2 instead of ffmpeg?
I thought every change to ffmpeg code is publicly available- no?

Last edited by kolak; 16th July 2012 at 20:23.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:40   #56  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
It is (well at least it should be), but it is a huge thing. As far as I understand there is no easy way to figure out what and where was changed to fix the issue we interested in. it shouldn't be hard for ffmbc dev to point out where is the relevant code though. Maybe try to ask him too.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:45   #57  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Another good reason for this - ffmbc handles many interlaced h.264 transport streams much better than ffmpeg for whatever reason

In the ffms2 thread there are many complaints about this known issue
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 04:10   #58  |  Link
SAPikachu

Quote:
That's a good idea, how can I miss this...

[del]Just compiled a build against latest ffmbc (0.7rc7), seems it decodes without problem but I didn't check whether the bug is fixed. Anyone interested to try it?[/del]

(Deprecated, please see http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...07#post1583307 for new version)

Last edited by SAPikachu; 18th July 2012 at 01:29.
Old 17th July 2012, 07:56   #59  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPikachu View Post
That's a good idea, how can I miss this...

Just compiled a build against latest ffmbc (0.7rc7), seems it decodes without problem but I didn't check whether the bug is fixed. Anyone interested to try it?
Yep, looks like it was. Thanks!
Old build vs. New build (make sure browser doesn't performs resizing of the image or it won't be seen.)
However I'd say LSB looks worse now.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 17th July 2012 at 07:59.
Old 17th July 2012, 08:14   #60  |  Link
SAPikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
Yep, looks like it was. Thanks!
Old build vs. New build (make sure browser doesn't performs resizing of the image or it won't be seen.)
However I'd say LSB looks worse now.
I'm not sure, but it looks like encoding artifacts?

Tags
avisynth, black frames, detecting, dnxhd, mov