Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 9th January 2006, 21:05   #981  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
*Bump*
Old 9th January 2006, 22:55   #982  |  Link
berrinam

Does this thread really need to be revived? For all those not yet aware, MeGUI now has a home on Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/megui

Bugs should be posted on the MeGUI Bug-Report Thread and feature requests should be posted on the MeGUI Feature Request Thread. As a result, there doesn't seem much need for this thread, does there?
Old 11th January 2006, 10:54   #983  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
Does this thread really need to be revived? For all those not yet aware, MeGUI now has a home on Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/megui

Bugs should be posted on the MeGUI Bug-Report Thread and feature requests should be posted on the MeGUI Feature Request Thread. As a result, there doesn't seem much need for this thread, does there?
Some sort of "User" thread would be handy for people who use MeGUI without being part of the development team. Maybe a sticky. It should cover where to download it, how to install it, what else you need; and it would point to the bug/dev/request/x264 threads. That should keep things going until MeGUI settles down and gets a Guide and download link on the Doom9 static site.

It took me the best part of a day to find MeGUI and get it working for DVD backup, and I still ended up unknowingly using an old build.

Last edited by Morte66; 11th January 2006 at 11:03.
Old 14th January 2006, 20:27   #984  |  Link
TNHitokiRi

i wish i had enough patience to read through the 50 pages, im pretty sure that this problem has been addressed. in the first few pages, Rash had a problem with loading a AVS file.

http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?i...titled16px.png

thats the exact error i get. The AVS works fine in virtualdub(and mod), and in all video players. I use ffdshow (libavcodec) to get it to work in virtualdub.

I think the problem could be related to the fact that im on Windows x64 edition. Thanks
Old 14th January 2006, 21:19   #985  |  Link
lexor

I don't want to start a new thread for this little question, so I'll add to this one.

Where is the menu bar? namely where is bitrate calculator? I can't find it in config dialog either. Where did it move?

this is what I see: http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/2...guimain8sv.jpg (latest Shartooth's build)

Last edited by lexor; 14th January 2006 at 21:21.
Old 14th January 2006, 21:20   #986  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

use MeGUI full.
Old 14th January 2006, 21:23   #987  |  Link
lexor

Woah? But it was no problem before. Do I really need full megui for bitrate calc now?

/edit: oops, just noticed ST's explanation in bug report thread nvm

Last edited by lexor; 14th January 2006 at 21:25.
Old 14th January 2006, 23:26   #988  |  Link
berrinam

Guys, why are you reporting bugs here? There is a dedicated Bug-Reporting thread for exactly that. Why come back here? The bug report thread even has a list of all known bugs on the first page, to avoid you having to wade through all the pages.

If you want to get help with your bugs, please report them in the right place.
Old 15th January 2006, 04:05   #989  |  Link
lexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
If you want to get help with your bugs, please report them in the right place.
sorry, I didn't realise what I was having is a bug, I read in the other thread about options redesign, I thought calc moved somewhere and I couldn't find it.
Old 15th January 2006, 09:25   #990  |  Link
ggab
GABriel

Quote:
(r394A) Updated MeGUI (ver 0.2.3.1030) and AVC2AVI GUI with .NET 2.0 binaries.
(r394) Updated Installer. Added MeGUI Context Sensitive help (patch by mutant_fruit).
what is the last version that can run with .net v1.1 (i don't have the new 2.0 one yet)?

r394?

if yes, is there any URL link to download it?

thanks
Old 15th January 2006, 11:52   #991  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
r394?
don't confuse x264 with MeGUI.. you can use an old MeGUI version with a new x264 build and vice versa.. obviously if x264 is newer than MeGUI then you may not have all x264 options available.. MeGUI needs to be updated to support new x264 options.

Just download the 2.0 runtime.. you can have both runtimes in parallel and there are no negative sideffects whatsoever (I have both at work, with two development environments, and I wouldn't recommend it if I weren't absolutely sure that it would have any negative effects.. I couldn't risk that with my machine at work).
We don't keep old builds around.. it's up to you to do that, or check out the source code by a specific data and do your own builds.. you are unlikely to find a dev willing to spend time to worry about oudated builds, and the 2.0 move has various advantages for us, nontheless the one that those who do not have the full blown Visual Studio IDE (which is not cheap), can still participate using the free of charge Visual Studio Express.
Old 15th January 2006, 16:52   #992  |  Link
max-holz

I want understand one thing, why 0.2.3.2024 modifies Sharktooth profiles and reset all the application path?
I think that since this project had became public with cvs there has been a big confusion.
Old 15th January 2006, 17:03   #993  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
why 0.2.3.2024 modifies Sharktooth profiles
Huh? There have been no changes in Profile, VideoProfile or VideoCodecSettings and those are the objects that have something to do with profiles. But MeGUI always have and always will write all profiles to your HD when you exit.. so these files are updated each time you exit megui. But as I said, it has always been like that ever since MeGUI got profiles.

Quote:
and reset all the application path?
It doesn't. But the refactoring changes the format of the settings file so it has to be recreated.. since your settings file can no longer be opened (This is no different than you having to redo dgindex projects every now and then), it means you lose your configuration. It takes you about 1 minute to redo that so I don't see the problem.
Somewhere in between my two latest releases (prior to the 2024) jobs became incompatible with old ones.. I heard nobody complaining..
Old 15th January 2006, 17:11   #994  |  Link
max-holz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
It doesn't. But the refactoring changes the format of the settings file so it has to be recreated.. since your settings file can no longer be opened (This is no different than you having to redo dgindex projects every now and then), it means you lose your configuration. It takes you about 1 minute to redo that so I don't see the problem.
Somewhere in between my two latest releases (prior to the 2024) jobs became incompatible with old ones.. I heard nobody complaining..
Why that? Why I must recreate all the general settings every time I reopen the application, what's the meaning of that? In every application I set my general settings and then they are saved till I decided to change them.
Old 15th January 2006, 17:18   #995  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Why I must recreate all the general settings every time I reopen the application
You don't.. but refactoring means making changes to existing code.. for instance the settings object.. so old ones cannot be opened. This has happened once in I don't know how many builds.. it's been months upon months with no change. I think it's rather rude to whine when you get a free software, constant improvements and all that free of charge. In other projects, like DGIndex for instance, compatibility is broken a lot more frequently. There are just two ways to make necessary changes: 1) bending over backwards to keep the whiners happy, or 2) make your improvements properly without regard for compatibility, and that every now and then breaks something. As another example, it is not uncommong for VfW codecs to require a "load defaults" when you install a new build.
Old 15th January 2006, 17:22   #996  |  Link
The Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-holz
Why that? Why I must recreate all the general settings every time I reopen the application, what's the meaning of that? In every application I set my general settings and then they are saved till I decided to change them.
??? I just had to go thru the settings for one time after the upgrade. The settings were saved and are available every time I restart MeGUI.

Old 15th January 2006, 17:22   #997  |  Link
max-holz

Ok Doom9
Old 16th January 2006, 00:21   #998  |  Link
ggab
GABriel

thks doom9 for the tips
Old 16th January 2006, 23:39   #999  |  Link
Hyper Shinchan

I haven't really understood if .net 2.0 works on XP SP1 (why are you using it? Well, I can't update it, that's all, for various reasons).
It seems to work, but it shows badly the frame speed. It says something like 1000 fps, when it's 10.00 fps. But it seems to be the only problem, I hope (but maybe I'll start using command-line, also if I need to make huge batch).
Old 16th January 2006, 23:52   #1000  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
It says something like 1000 fps, when it's 10.00 fps.
using an old release? That was fixed in 2024.

Quote:
I haven't really understood if .net 2.0 works on XP SP1
Yes it does.. it works even on old and crappy systems. And using XP without SP2 is like having sex with a prostitute and not using a condom.. very risky. And there's no reason why you couldn't install the 2.0 runtime.. it works side by side with the 1.1 runtime.. unlike java where you have to tell an app which runtime to use, it's all done automatically in .NET.. any .NET program will look for the version it was compiled again.. it will run in newer versions as well, but it'll pick the closest match.. all your .NET 1.1 programs will keep on using the old runtime, so they will work exactly as before.

And I do hate repeating myself.. I've been pointing out all the .NET 2.0 facts before. I have a dual installation at work.. and there's no way I can risk breaking anything there.. a lot depends on me being able to maintain code made for the old runtime.