Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 21st July 2006, 10:17   #1  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

AutoMKV 0.93a - (DVD/TS/AVI/AVS to X264/XviD/WVC1 into MKV/MP4/WMV) update 30/12/2007

Here the light version of MkvMagic, aimed to newby (and not so newby) user

Please use a MIRROR
stable NEW package WITH DVDFabDecrypter http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV093.rar (15.5mb, all inclusive, NO install)
stable NEW package WITHOUT DVDFabDecrypter http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV093_NORIP.rar (14.8mb, NO install)

NOTE: i have upgrade my compiler to one with better compatibility with Vista.. so any Vista users pay attention[/B]

please remember to delete the AutoMKV.ini after any new release

Manual http://automkv.wiki-site.com/index.php/Main_Page
Anybody that want to share knowledge feel free to update the Wiki

Main MIRROR AutoMKV093.RAR
Main MIRROR AutoMKV093_NORIP.rar

Update http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV093a.exe

a warm welcome for everyone using/testing it !

BHH

BIG FAT WARNING

For use NERO AAC you must put your copy of NeroAacEnc.exe (grab it here http://www.nero.com/nerodigital/eng/...tal_Audio.html) into \exe\besweet folder
A recent build of AviSynth 2.5.7 http://downloads.sourceforge.net/avi...0&big_mirror=0
The XviD Koepi Build http://www.free-codecs.com/download_...hp?d=1312&s=52 , is needed for the YV12 Decoder!
FFdshow as decoder! http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ffd...4&big_mirror=0

Haali Media Spitter (for MKV input) http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/MatroskaSplitter.exe
for warpsharp plugin read this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124585 mirror here

If you have any problem with playback (or render issue) download and install Combined Community Codec Pack

HOW to update: download full package, then replace automkv.exe with latest version

For WVC1 support is needed WMEncoder (9 serie's) + Windows Media Player 11
Please refer to the wiki for trouble on WMV installation http://automkv.wiki-site.com/index.p...tallation#WVC1
Read here for successive problem with WMV http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=911873
you can also test your wmv encoder with this software http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=128182

If you like to donate feel free to click the paypal button on AutoMKV or click here
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8

Last edited by buzzqw; 30th December 2007 at 18:18. Reason: update
Old 21st July 2006, 11:07   #2  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Nice. Count me in for some testing.
Old 21st July 2006, 12:41   #3  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Few bugs..

AutoMKV doesn't recognize spaces in the input path. For e.g: if I extract AutoMKV to C:\Program Files\AutoMKV, and then start the encoding, during the audio encoding step, it flashes a commandline window saying C:\Program is not a recognized internal or external command. At least, that's what I could make out from it because the command window was flashing wildly (it was rapidly getting closed and re-created again. Very annoying - only way was to end the process from the Task Manager).

Actually, audio doesn't seem to work at all. I tried all Nero AAC options, none worked. It was always in the line of

Code:
07:09:06 Starting fixing audio delay on track number 1
07:09:06 No audio found at track number 1 switch to track 2
07:09:06 Finished fixing audio delay
07:09:07 Finished D:\Pollock\VIDEO_TS\ to AAC with  setting
07:09:07 No audio create, retry without apply Stereo
07:09:07 Finished D:\Pollock\VIDEO_TS\ to AAC with  setting
07:09:08 No audio create, retry without apply Original
07:09:08 Finished D:\Pollock\VIDEO_TS\ to AAC with  setting
07:09:09 No audio create, retry without apply Original
or
Code:
07:11:35 Starting fixing audio delay on track number 1
07:11:35 No audio found at track number 1 switch to track 2
07:11:35 Finished fixing audio delay
07:11:35 Finished D:\Pollock\VIDEO_TS\ to AAC with  setting
07:11:36 No audio create, retry without apply DLP II
07:11:36 Finished D:\Pollock\VIDEO_TS\ to AAC with  setting
07:11:37 No audio create, retry without apply Original
07:11:37 Finished D:\Pollock\VIDEO_TS\ to AAC with  setting
07:11:37 No audio create, retry without apply Original
07:11:37 Finished D:\Pollock\VIDEO_TS\ to AAC with  setting
07:11:38 No audio create, retry without apply Original
Note how the log is incorrect too. First it says retry without apply DLP II and then in the next try, the error message switches to retry without apply Original.

Even Copy Original doesn't work. I get:

Code:
07:26:05 Starting fixing audio delay on track number 1
07:26:05 No audio found at track number 1 switch to track 2
07:26:05 Finished fixing audio delay
07:26:05 Renamed file  to audio.
07:26:06 No audio create, retry without apply Stereo
07:26:06 Renamed file  to audio.
07:26:07 No audio create, retry without apply Original
07:26:07 Renamed file  to audio.
07:26:08 No audio create, retry without apply Original
07:26:08 Renamed file  to audio.
07:26:08 No audio create, retry without apply Original
07:26:08 Renamed file  to audio.
07:26:09 No audio create, retry without apply Original
07:26:09 Renamed file  to audio.
I noted that you are not indexing the video and demuxing the audio tracks using DGIndex before this. That might be the reason why it is not able to find the audio streams.

In all of the above cases, the flashing window problem occurs and the only way out of it is to end task it.

OK, so then I selected no audio and DGIndex craps out with a No Video Sequence Header Found error (the kind you used to get if you opened an avs in DGIndex before) followed by a No data. Check your PIDs error. Looks like the PIDs are not being set, for whatever reason.

Whew, that's it for now. Got to leave for work. Will test later tonight if I am sober enough.

P.S: Are you allowed to distribute neroAacEnc? Note that the MeGUI folks aren't distributing it at the moment because of licensing issues.
Old 21st July 2006, 12:58   #4  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
AutoMKV doesn't recognize spaces in the input path.
good point, will be fixed in next update

Quote:
noted that you are not indexing the video and demuxing the audio tracks using DGIndex before this. That might be the reason why it is not able to find the audio streams.
dgindex is always used ! in mkvmagic.log (at start) what command line is used for dgindex (like) "13:53:15 Dgindex CMD: C:\Programmi\PureBasic4\AutoMKV\exe\dgindex\dgindex.exe -FO=0 -OM=1 -TN=1 -YR=2 -If=[C:\Programmi\PureBasic4\AutoMKV\aaa.vob] -OF=[C:\Programmi\PureBasic4\AutoMKV\movie] -exit -MINIMIZE"

what si your input file ? a dvd structure ? if so the main problem is with ifo parsing... try pointing at main ifo file. or at vob... and at end (before removing all) at an already created d2v

Quote:
OK, so then I selected no audio and DGIndex craps out with a No Video Sequence Header Found error (the kind you used to get if you opened an avs in DGIndex before) followed by a No data. Check your PIDs error. Looks like the PIDs are not being set, for whatever reason.
TS input ? i found an ugly bug... please wait for next update

and about neroaacenc: no, i haven't any right to publish, i have replaced the original package... when i published the package i have included my neroenc... thank again for pointing it out

wait a fresh new build

BHH
Old 21st July 2006, 14:01   #5  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw
dgindex is always used ! in mkvmagic.log (at start) what command line is used for dgindex (like) "13:53:15 Dgindex CMD: C:\Programmi\PureBasic4\AutoMKV\exe\dgindex\dgindex.exe -FO=0 -OM=1 -TN=1 -YR=2 -If=[C:\Programmi\PureBasic4\AutoMKV\aaa.vob] -OF=[C:\Programmi\PureBasic4\AutoMKV\movie] -exit -MINIMIZE"

what si your input file ? a dvd structure ? if so the main problem is with ifo parsing... try pointing at main ifo file. or at vob... and at end (before removing all) at an already created d2v
All my testing was on a DVD input. DGIndex is used, but are you using it *before* encoding audio? If I select Nero AAC-Stereo as the audio format, AutoMKV immediately fires up the commandline for encoding the audio with neroAacEnc.exe. But I don't recollect a step happening where the AC3 is being demuxed out of the VOBs. I am pretty sure this was the case, but I will check the logs again tonight.

The input was indeed the main IFO file and I reckon vstrip_ifo.exe parsed it without any issues too.

Quote:
TS input ? i found an ugly bug... please wait for next update
Nope. DVD input. Which makes the error all the more weird.

Also here are some suggestions:
  • The GPL license included, COPYING, doesn't have an extension. Make it COPYING.txt.
  • All the input options should be labelled, Audio Track #1, Audio Track #2, Subtitles, Resizer, Denoiser etc.
  • There should be an option None under the Denoisers, if I want no denoising. Also, there are non-denoisers listed in there, e.g: ColorMatrix. How come?
  • Do you plan to provide sharpening options too? I feel you should.

EDIT: And oh, inside the exe folder, you have a chapters.txt and an xvid.stats left over from some testing you have been doing.

Last edited by unskinnyboy; 21st July 2006 at 14:07.
Old 21st July 2006, 15:02   #6  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV04.exe UPDATE

Quote:
All the input options should be labelled, Audio Track #1, Audio Track #2, Subtitles, Resizer, Denoiser etc
Quote:
The GPL license included, COPYING, doesn't have an extension. Make it COPYING.txt.
Quote:
There should be an option None under the Denoisers, if I want no denoising.
Quote:
EDIT: And oh, inside the exe folder, you have a chapters.txt and an xvid.stats left over from some testing you have been doing.
DONE

Quote:
Also, there are non-denoisers listed in there, e.g: ColorMatrix. How come?
filter combo is editable... and please take a look at "base.avs" into \exe\filter directory... is fully customizable

TS input: fixed
Space : should be fixed (finger crossed)

update (automkv.exe only) http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV04.exe

EDIT: and now working on dvd input

Last edited by buzzqw; 21st July 2006 at 15:06.
Old 21st July 2006, 15:42   #7  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV05.exe

should be fixed dvd input

BHH
Old 22nd July 2006, 00:58   #8  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Quote:
No, not fixed.

Quote:
Audio part is working now. Now that I am home and checking the logs, I can confirm that there is no sign of DGIndex in them as you claimed. So what was the problem with that part of the code? Was I correct in my observation that you weren't demuxing the tracks before and hence the reason the audio encoding was failing?

Another problem now is that DGIndex's Information window is suppressed when running (Is it because of -MINIMIZE?). So I am not able to see any progress. To add to the problem, AutoMKV GUI itself totally disappears from view once DGIndex is fired off. A progress bar is a must here, IMO. Either enable the Information window of DGIndex or have AutoMKV itself display the log real-time (like in AutoGK), and if possible, both.

So it is encoding at the moment (at least I think so, since x264.exe got invoked now, but nothing in sight). I am out for the night. Will check back tomorrow for more.

EDIT: I can see the x264.exe window now and yes, it is running.

Last edited by unskinnyboy; 22nd July 2006 at 01:21.
Old 22nd July 2006, 00:59   #9  |  Link
killerhex

can you put mkv input
Old 22nd July 2006, 03:08   #10  |  Link
clone83

and add inputs .divx, .avi and .ogm. and add .divx as an output aswell...?
Old 22nd July 2006, 07:15   #11  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Quote:
No, not fixed.
thanks again... i will try to reproduce and resolve the problem

Quote:
Audio part is working now. Now that I am home and checking the logs, I can confirm that there is no sign of DGIndex in them as you claimed. So what was the problem with that part of the code? Was I correct in my observation that you weren't demuxing the tracks before and hence the reason the audio encoding was failing?
no. I use dgindex as demuxer, and if audio is working then dgindex is launched minimized, and at the and audio is encoded.

Quote:
Another problem now is that DGIndex's Information window is suppressed when running (Is it because of -MINIMIZE?). So I am not able to see any progress.
just right click on dgindex minimized and click "restore"

Quote:
AutoMKV GUI itself totally disappears from view once DGIndex is fired off. A progress bar is a must here, IMO
... not so easy (for me...). but i will try

Quote:
AutoMKV itself display the log real-time (like in AutoGK), and if possible, both
read mkvmagic.log in destination folder

asap i will try to fix the bugs

BHH
Old 22nd July 2006, 10:48   #12  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV06.exe

space in source file and in installation path is fixed.

many thanks unskinnyboy

about ogm/mkv/.divx (and .divx output) input will be not supported directly (now). Since AutoMKV support avisynth input feed the program with a directshowsource file

BHH
Old 22nd July 2006, 15:40   #13  |  Link
Henrikx

Old 22nd July 2006, 16:57   #14  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

this is another matter... the destination folder "should" be without space in name...

anyway this build is without the "space" check (and will fuction even with space ... but not over 128 character lenght folder...)

http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV06.exe

please re-download. I also have optimized some routines (from 202kb to 197kb...)

Thanks for your test !
BHH
Old 22nd July 2006, 17:06   #15  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

and btw here the 0.07 build

http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV07.exe

this build will fix the restore of AutoMKV window at end muxing

BHH
Old 22nd July 2006, 21:09   #16  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Quote:
no. I use dgindex as demuxer, and if audio is working then dgindex is launched minimized, and at the and audio is encoded.
I don't think you got me. *Now* audio part is working fine (as of v0.05 I tested). Because you are launching DGIndex *before* the audio step, how it should be. This was NOT what you were doing in v0.03, where there wasn't any DGIndex step *before* the audio encoding step. You used to attempt to encode the audio, but without an input track in hand (because it was never demuxed out of the VOB container!). But anyway, good that it is fixed now.

Quote:
just right click on dgindex minimized and click "restore"
I had tried all that. Restoring doesn't restore the information window. It only restores the main window. Does it work for you?

Quote:
read mkvmagic.log in destination folder
I am not sure I got what you mean here. Are you saying that you will read mkvmagic.log (and hence maybe display the log in the AutoMKV window) or are you asking me to go read it if I want to know the progress? Former is fine, latter isn't. A newbie user wouldn't want to go looking in the source directory and read the logs to know the progress. Btw, why mkvmagic.log? You should rename it to automkv.log to reflect the name of the tool.

OK, now that the encode is done (with v0.05) , I see that it is undersized (I asked for 700 MB, it gave me 692.2 MB) and it wasn't IVTC'd. It should have been (QMF not working properly?). I am also 99.99% sure, I had selected the width to be 720, but the resultant file has a width of 704 (will confirm this later).

More suggestions..

You are creating a ton of stuff in the source directory and it is confusing. You should be moving all the intermediate files into a temp directory. The source directory should only contain the input files & the output files (movie+subs). You could even create an output directory and put the movie+subs there.
Old 22nd July 2006, 22:54   #17  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
But anyway, good that it is fixed now.
i can confirm that dvd input was broken in 0.03 , and it is ok from 0.05

Quote:
I had tried all that. Restoring doesn't restore the information window. It only restores the main window. Does it work for you?
yes (as autogk faq..), anyway now dgindex is lauched not minimized

Quote:
you asking me to go read it if I want to know the progress? Former is fine, latter isn't. A newbie user wouldn't want to go looking in the source directory and read the logs to know the progress. Btw, why mkvmagic.log? You should rename it to automkv.log to reflect the name of the tool.
... i will try to implement a direct log into main window... but i am a newby developer... be patient
about renaming... of course, i have reused some routines from my mkvmagic ... log will be now automkv.log

Quote:
OK, now that the encode is done (with v0.05) , I see that it is undersized (I asked for 700 MB, it gave me 692.2 MB) and it wasn't IVTC'd
is previus version (prior to 0.6) dbautodeint wasn't correctly launched on path with space in name... please retry with 0.08 build (on a short vob). About undersize... i will try to do better compute... (try with 0.08)

Quote:
. I am also 99.99% sure, I had selected the width to be 720, but the resultant file has a width of 704 (will confirm this later).
check mkvmagic.log should be written. Anyway the new log (0.08) will be filled with more information

Quote:
Y The source directory should only contain the input files & the output files (movie+subs). You could even create an output directory and put the movie+subs there.
added a "Del Temp File" check. But remember since this software is in beta status, i analyze many temporary file for debugging

thanks again and here the 0.08 build http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV08.exe

BHH
Old 23rd July 2006, 08:16   #18  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

http://www.64k.it/andres/data/a/AutoMKV09.exe

update deinterlace routines, log file, qmf will not called two times, on mpeg2 source colormatrix is applyed by default

quick note: filters are editable, and even deinterlacer so edit it to your taste

BHH
Old 23rd July 2006, 09:14   #19  |  Link
Henrikx

...destination folder works now fine,but after pressing Start the program begins to work, but I cant see AutoMKV on Display,only by Taskmanager.

I posted in the German doom9 (Forum Gleitz) news your program, so that more people help to test AutoMKV.
http://forum.gleitz.info/showthread....786#post278786

Last edited by Henrikx; 23rd July 2006 at 09:46.
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:28   #20  |  Link
BergH
Simplifizissimus

Hello !

Just downloaded it and started with an DVB-S Stream (Demultiplexed with ProjectX and cutted with Cuttermaran)
OC bla bla.mpg

After Start 10.000 plus CMD Windows opened and closed.
I could hradly kill the Thread AutoMKV with Windows Task Manager.
Any Idea who this can happen ?

Edit :Arggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Forget my question .
I just downloaded the Update EXE instead installing the whole packet from Post 1

Of course I could edit the post, hence it may help somebdy else.

First Encode is running.

Thnaks HenriKx for mentioning the program.