Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th April 2005, 22:57   #1  |  Link
Erasmus

Guide: Adding subtitles to DVD (using SubtitleCreator+MuxMan)

I have written yet another guide for adding subtitles to a DVD. (I think this one is a bit more detialed than the other guides i found on this forum).

I wrote this guide for a friend of mine who was struggling to put it all together, but I have gone to a great effort to make it general.

The main idea is pretty similar to Paddington's guide which comes with subtitle creator (actually I didn't notice his guide until after I have written my own).

Anyway I hope this helps.

Any questions/comments are welcome.

Erasmus.
Erasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2005, 06:37   #2  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

thx for the guide

I've been adding custom subs myself for a long time...

I use SC and MuxMan, too, but I think PgcDemux is better for demuxing and VobBlanker's replace PGC function is better for copying the newly muxed title back into the original disc to keep menus, extras etc.
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2005, 17:12   #3  |  Link
Erasmus

Quote:
Originally posted by CoNS
VobBlanker's replace PGC function is better for copying the newly muxed title back into the original disc to keep menus, extras etc.
I'll give VobBlanker a try and hopefully replace IfoUpdate with VobBlanker in the guide soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by CoNS
I think PgcDemux is better for demuxing
Better in what way? I will try to replace VobEdit with PgcDemux for demuxing the subtitles (in step 4). But demuxing the main movie (video and audio) with DVD decrypter is faster than ripping the VOBs and then demuxing with PgcDemux (is this what you usually do?). Is there a reason not to use DVD decrypter demuxing options?

thanx for the input,
Erasmus.
Erasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 13:38   #4  |  Link
lark
Regular User

i think there's a typo in the guide:
Quote:
In my case I deselected all the VTS_06_1.VOB through VTS_06_5.VOB (keeping VTS_01_0.*).
shouldn't that be
Quote:
keeping VTS_06_0.*
and imho pgcedit is a bit user friendlier to edit the vm commands than ifoedit ;-)

regards
t
lark is offline   Reply With Quote