Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 13th April 2008, 22:27   #1001  |  Link
kaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman76r View Post
Version 1.7.6(b)
- Ability to open Blu-ray playlist (MPLS) files added. Also, when MPLS file is opened, chapters list automatically imported.
When MPLS is processed, "Clean Break" for connection_condition=5 correctly processed. It is actually for large playlists (10 M2TS files and more).
- bug fixed: some H.264 streams in version 1.7.1/2/3 did not work in PS3. It is the same problem it was corrected in version 1.7.3. Fixed again.
- bug fixed: Issue with muxing PGS stream from several source files (i.e. append mode) fixed.
Thanks man, absolutely amazing work
kaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 23:25   #1002  |  Link
Glorioso

Hope srt import will come in the next version!!!
Glorioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 00:16   #1003  |  Link
Warrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threedcoder View Post
Even the DD+/AC3 track demuxed by eac3to has the same delay (I just tried it).

In this case it's actually an audio delay which means the video is starting before the audio, so in order to correct it, either the audio tack would need to be chopped off in the front or a delay would need to be added to the video track.

At this point, the only way I can correct this problem is with eac3to and "eyeballing" the delay. But what good is that really? More like a pain in the ass.

I've only seen one other movie that has things setup this way and it was an HD-DVD, and EVODemux reported the delay correctly.
Maybe you should give the newest version of eac3to a try (see changelog):
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...76#post1125176
Warrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 00:33   #1004  |  Link
Warrex

Quote:
Version 1.7.6(b)
- Ability to open Blu-ray playlist (MPLS) files added. Also, when MPLS file is opened, chapters list automatically imported.
When MPLS is processed, "Clean Break" for connection_condition=5 correctly processed. It is actually for large playlists (10 M2TS files and more).
KILLER FEATURE!!!

Would be cool though if tsMuxer could use a more user friendly and informative naming scheme for demuxed files (e.g. "track Info" + Audio Delay). File names are getting really long with mpls referring to multiple source m2ts!

Warrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 01:09   #1005  |  Link
Threedcoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrex View Post
Maybe you should give the newest version of eac3to a try (see changelog):
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...76#post1125176
Good call. I thought I had the "latest" (as of like Friday night). LOL But it looks like madshi does a good job of posting updates to it.

Thanks for the link.
Threedcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 05:37   #1006  |  Link
yonta

Quote:
Does this mean support for seamless branching movies like Ratatouille?
yonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 05:46   #1007  |  Link
Mitchjs

i just did Ratatouille, didnt watch it yet... but a quick look was fine

i removed all but, video, and eng ac3

everything is in sync

mitch
Mitchjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 07:18   #1008  |  Link
Momber

Hi roman76r!
Thanks for all your hard work on tsMuxeR!

I used 1.7.6(b) today to remux Terminator II (EUR) HD DVD to BluRay (kept VC-1 video and DTS-HD audio).
Unfortunately tsMuxeR introduced corruption into a perfectly good video stream (source is clean).
I tried it twice, once with "remove pulldown" and once without. The corruption was the same each time.

Here is an example:

The muxer also complained about a total of three "bad DTS-HD frames" which I find highly unlikely.

Regards
S.
Momber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 08:59   #1009  |  Link
roman76r

Momber
Can your send example of this movie? 50-100 Mb is enought.
roman76r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 10:01   #1010  |  Link
Lacix

Restore cropped video to full size

Hi roman76r,

I'm interested in the "Restore cropped video to full size" option in the General tab page.
Is it a feature developed in the near future ?
Is it possible to add black bars to cropped movies without fully reencoding them to become Blu-ray standard resolution ? (It is the main problem with the use of the AVCHD format.)

Great work.
Lacix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 11:26   #1011  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexor View Post
The best I can get is 9500kbps to work on a video with 320kbps (cbr ac3) audio and 2200kbps max video. It generates 1.81Gb file from a ~400mb (vbr m2ts) source... any lower bitrate and it's vbv overlows all over. Perhaps bitrate has to be so high because I'm not setting vbv correctly?

tsmuxer asks for vbv in ms, how does one convert bits to millisecond?
The VBV in seconds would just be vbv size divided by peak bitrate. So a 9,781,248 bit VBV size divided by a 20 Mbps video rate would be about 1/2 second (500 milliseconds).

For Blu-ray, the vbv (or cpb) delay cannot be greater than 1 second.

Ron

Last edited by drmpeg; 14th April 2008 at 11:51.
drmpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 12:44   #1012  |  Link
jefrey

Hi Roman, great work with your new features in tsmuxer,
Is it possible to add a feture for using 2 videostreams,like theatrical end + alternative end of a movie,(16 blocks, i am legend like?)

warm regards jef
jefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 13:44   #1013  |  Link
wakebrder

So, no one else is having problems with True-HD?
wakebrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 15:10   #1014  |  Link
roman76r

lexor
Quote:
The best I can get is 9500kbps to work on a video with 320kbps (cbr ac3) audio and 2200kbps max video. It generates 1.81Gb file from a ~400mb (vbr m2ts) source... any lower bitrate and it's vbv overlows all over. Perhaps bitrate has to be so high because I'm not setting vbv correctly?
You can use restricted VBR mode instead CBR mode. Setup max bitrate to required value, min bitrate to zerro. This is a mode same as CBR, but muxer does not insert NULL packets to stream.
Old 14th April 2008, 16:58   #1015  |  Link
lexor

Quote:
lexor

You can use restricted VBR mode instead CBR mode. Setup max bitrate to required value, min bitrate to zerro. This is a mode same as CBR, but muxer does not insert NULL packets to stream.
Sweet that worked like a charm. Thanks.
lexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 17:16   #1016  |  Link
Majestic06

What about the .srt support? Any News?
Majestic06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 19:18   #1017  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

For roman76r.
SkyHD (h264) files are playing with no video just Audio when remuxed with tsMuxer, with all default settings. This is version 1.7.6.
If I go back to version 1.6.3 and remux they play fine with both audio and video.
MKV remux and play fine with the latest version, its just the SkyHD h264 .ts files are not working.

Oh this is playback on a PS3.

Heres a sample of a file pre remux.
http://www.divshare.com/download/4253839-97b

Cheers.

Heres a link to the older version.
http://www.divshare.com/download/4253853-afc

Last edited by B4tm4n; 14th April 2008 at 20:11.
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 22:09   #1018  |  Link
rendez2k

I'm new to the software and indeed PS3s. I've tried creating a blue ray disc from an MKV and I get a large green area at the bottom of the screen (fine on PC). I believe its a pixel size issue? Is there any solution to this issue?

Also, whats the best format to output in if I want several movies on one blue ray disc on the PS3?

Last edited by rendez2k; 14th April 2008 at 22:16.
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 22:22   #1019  |  Link
arrgh

VOB Subtitles

Hi,
version 1.76 does not recognize subtitles in VOBs. I assume it's known, but still a pity.
I wanted to fuse 2 DVDs (part 1+2 with 2 audio and 2 subtitiles) to one single BluRay, to spare me the shuffling...
The audio streams are recognized, but not the subpictures.

So I demuxed them with VOBedit and transformed the sup-files (which were not directly readable by tsmuxer) with SUPread to BluRay-format. Those were recognized by tsmuxer. The muxing went ok until the mpls and clipinfo were generated. Here I got the error:

Creation of Blu-ray stream info and seek index.
Bitstream exception.
(Mux complete. Return code: -3)

There is no clipinfo-file generated and the mpls seems to be a little bit short considering, that I wanted to have every 5mins a chapter and the movie has over 3h.

The resulting m2ts-file is processable through TSRemuxer and results in a playable BluRay. But no subpictures are displayed although they are selectable in the menue of PowerDVD.

Regards.

PS: I should mention, that watching the resulting m2ts I realised, that besides of the not displayed subtitles, also the audio-delay during playback changes. While it is ok at the beginning it starts to grow toward the end...
So in prinziple it would be good, if tsmuxer could read directly all streams of a vob file.

Last edited by arrgh; 14th April 2008 at 22:57.
arrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 22:22   #1020  |  Link
roman76r

B4tm4n
I have download this file and remux it in versions 1.6.3 and 1.7.6. In both versions file correctly played on PS3.

Tags
tsmuxer