Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 ASP

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th April 2007, 22:22   #1  |  Link
plugh
A hollow voice says

Koepi vs personal build

I had noted in the past that Koepi's build of 1.1.2 was bigger than my builds.
For example, xvidcore.dll - Koepi 748KB - mine 588KB

I just chalked it up to differant compilers but assumed the output was the same.

I don't normally muck around with the core (my interest has been the 2nd pass vbv stuff, which I moved to vfw.dll) so I normally use Koepi's core.dll, but I was just trying an experiment and discovered that my assumption was incorrect. For the same clip and encoder options I get somewhat differant output files depending upon which xvidcore build I use.

Which begs the questions:
Which one is 'right'?
How do I determine that?
If mine is 'wrong' how do I fix it?

I've been using the visual studio workspace/project files included with the xvid source kit. I'm using MS Visual Studio 6 with Service Pack 5, Processor Pack 5, and nasm 0.98.39. I was under the impression this was a 'correct' setup. I have noted that do I get an error about an unknown compiler option 'Qipo' but as I understand it that is an option used by the Intel C compiler, not the MS one, and is harmless - perhaps not?

Suggestions?
plugh is offline   Reply With Quote