Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 15th February 2008, 19:39   #1061  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
MPC uses static linking, so the runtime is not needed.

However, Visual Studio 2005 has a nasty habit of embedding a manifest into the executable by default. That manifest causes Windows to think that the runtime is needed.

The solution would be to explicitly disable manifest creation and embedding in the project settings.
Hum.... that's a little bit more complicated with x64 because manifest is different, so it's interesting to let VS generate it.
Old 15th February 2008, 21:27   #1062  |  Link
clsid

I assume you mean the "Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" manifest? That is a different one. That one should indeed be embedded.
Old 15th February 2008, 21:58   #1063  |  Link
duncanvdlinden

Is it possible to use DXVA acceleration with an intel X3100?
I'm looking for a new notebook, and the Macbook has this chip, but hardware H264 acceleration is very important for me, to play smooth X264 with the notebook
Old 15th February 2008, 22:35   #1064  |  Link
khagaroth

Would it be possible to add an option to force output color space of internal video decoders? Particulary to NV12, as that's the only color space which allows to use HW deinterlacing and postprocessing on pre HD ATI (nVidia?) cards without need to use DXVA.
Old 16th February 2008, 00:17   #1065  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanvdlinden View Post
I'm looking for a new notebook, and the Macbook has this chip, but hardware H264 acceleration is very important for me, to play smooth X264 with the notebook
Try DXVAChecker and tell me what it says :
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1090111

@khagaroth
Maybe later for NV12, only YV12 at the moment for SW decoding
Old 16th February 2008, 02:20   #1066  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
- Many x264 files are not compatible with hardware acceleration.

- Hardware acceleration is not important for playing smooth x264.

What you need is MPC-HC set to use EVR Custom Presenter, and then either ffdshow decoder or else CoreAVC Pro 1.6.5 decoder.
Old 16th February 2008, 02:21   #1067  |  Link
donaldtone

Is it possible to add a subtitle option like that: draw to image itself? In kmplayer, this option is default and it works very well. It costs less cpu power than use directvobsub.
Attached Images

Old 16th February 2008, 02:23   #1068  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cca View Post
In my experience, ReClock is still needed. Just try to play a 29.97 fps video in a 60Hz screen and you'll see what I mean. Vista has a 59.97Hz refresh option, which unfortunately has been rendered useless, at least for Nvidia card owners.
I play 29.97 fps video all the time on my 60hz screen and I have not encountered any problems using:

MPC-HC with EVR Custom Presenter under Vista Home Basic (no Aero) with ffdshow for everything other than H264, for which I use CoreAVC.

Is there something I should be looking for ? (I hate to ask that, because you may point out some playback flaw that I had previously not noticed. )
Old 16th February 2008, 05:57   #1069  |  Link
jhoff80

On a few of my 720p x264 TV episodes, I noticed that things turn to a blocky mess. If I turn DXVA off, then the blockyness disappears. This is with H.264 skip deblocking set to none.

The detecting of which files can't be accelerated and need to use software mode seems to be working perfectly in 404 though. Did you mention if you plan on releasing this decoder as a standalone product once its completely stable? I'd love an x64 version that I could use in Media Center.
Old 16th February 2008, 06:39   #1070  |  Link
Joniii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
That is on my top priority list now that DXVA is almost finished
Btw, will it be also available in .ax/.dll file or just with mpc-hc?
Old 16th February 2008, 09:37   #1071  |  Link
cca
Anime Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
I play 29.97 fps video all the time on my 60hz screen and I have not encountered any problems using:

MPC-HC with EVR Custom Presenter under Vista Home Basic (no Aero) with ffdshow for everything other than H264, for which I use CoreAVC.

Is there something I should be looking for ? (I hate to ask that, because you may point out some playback flaw that I had previously not noticed. )
What I observe under these conditions is jerky motion. Every once in a while, the video makes annoying jumps, like skipping a frame or two. This effect is completely eliminated with ReClock.
Old 16th February 2008, 11:21   #1072  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldtone View Post
Is it possible to add a subtitle option like that: draw to image itself? In kmplayer, this option is default and it works very well. It costs less cpu power than use directvobsub.
You should try the internal subtitle renderer in MPC. That works a bit different than standalone DirectVobSub. It lets the video renderer merge the subs with the video image.
Old 16th February 2008, 13:43   #1073  |  Link
nurbs

Quote:
According to the list on wikipedia the x3100 doesn't support hardware acceleration for h264 decoding.
Old 16th February 2008, 16:43   #1074  |  Link
donaldtone

Quote:
You should try the internal subtitle renderer in MPC. That works a bit different than standalone DirectVobSub. It lets the video renderer merge the subs with the video image.
Could you show how to use the internal subtitle renderer in MPC? I could not find the involved configuration.
Old 16th February 2008, 17:12   #1075  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

MPC-->view-->options-->playback-->output-->DirectShow video: WMR7 & WMR9 (renderless) can load subtitles.
Old 16th February 2008, 17:15   #1076  |  Link
DigitalDeviant

Quote:
I've been told the internal renderer displays the subtitles a frame off of the actual timecode, at least for ssa/ass text. Is there any truth to that?
Old 16th February 2008, 18:06   #1077  |  Link
clsid

VSFilter may be off by one frame. Same probably also applies to the internal subtitle renderer.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...lter+frame+off
Old 16th February 2008, 18:11   #1078  |  Link
donaldtone

Quote:
Originally Posted by _xxl View Post
MPC-->view-->options-->playback-->output-->DirectShow video: WMR7 & WMR9 (renderless) can load subtitles.
They depend on vmr7 or vmr9(renderless) to show subtitles. By contrast, in kmplayer, the internal renderer "draw to image itself" works even at overlay mixer. Kmplayer also supports vmr7 or vmr9 mode. In a word, kmplayer internal subtitle renderer is much better than mpc because it is nothing to with the video hardware.
Old 16th February 2008, 18:21   #1079  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

That's because mpc is no longer being developed.
Old 16th February 2008, 20:01   #1080  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cca View Post
What I observe under these conditions is jerky motion. Every once in a while, the video makes annoying jumps, like skipping a frame or two. This effect is completely eliminated with ReClock.
That definitely doesn't happen with my setup using Vista 32 bit Home Basic (no Aero).

Both the Video and Audio software had major rewrites between XP and Vista, and I seem to remember reading that timing issues were one of the areas that was improved. I'll see if I can find more details.

PS The effect you describe was most pronounced when watching Xvid videos using my standalone DVD/Divx player, interestingly...

Last edited by ADude; 16th February 2008 at 20:10.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc