Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th January 2012, 01:09   #61  |  Link
meshaun

Hmm. I am going to use the ctrl+f7 until this is done mate. Because, that makes perfect encodes without hassle. If there is a way to use the HD Streams Extractor instead of the mkvextract, it will be great. that never made error's or problems for me. Anyway thanks for the concern.
meshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 08:11   #62  |  Link
Zathor

Nevertheless I would like to reproduce your problem. So if possible please upload the extracted DTS from the OC tool and also your MeGUI directory. If the DTS works for me it must be something on your system (missing Hali splitter or so but I do not know if for decoding some DTS files with FFAudioSource really an external dependency exists).
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 16:06   #63  |  Link
meshaun

Bonne Idee! Like I said, there was one encode which was okay, detected the audio itself and made a perfect rip. But not all encodes are like that. The .DTS will be over 1 or 2GBs mate. and you want my MeGUI directory? zip it and send a link or something?

Sent you a PM with an image on the error

Last edited by meshaun; 19th January 2012 at 01:43.
Old 21st January 2012, 17:07   #64  |  Link
Zathor

Updated the first post with a new build. There is no special OC improvement this time.
Old 22nd January 2012, 04:34   #65  |  Link
meshaun

Great. I've sent you a PM with the problem with file naming. After renaming the file to "1" it worked. Is there a limit to the name or what mate? Anyway, thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:00   #66  |  Link
Zathor

Maybe the path is too long or has invalid characters in it.
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:45   #67  |  Link
meshaun

Oh.. Thanks Zathor.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:20   #68  |  Link
meshaun

In the update, there is a new server version. Update to it? or still leave the core ?
Old 27th January 2012, 20:30   #69  |  Link
Zathor

Do not update the core with the update server. I have added a new build in the first post.
Old 28th January 2012, 15:34   #70  |  Link
Zathor

Updated build again including a few small OC fixes.
Old 29th January 2012, 08:30   #71  |  Link
meshaun

With the latest build, tried a mkv and this time, it extracted the audio file fine. Made 2 encodes and they went smooth. The OC Detects the muxed subtitles. If I leave them, that's selected, encoding the output in a .mp4 makes subtitles burnt or hardcoded or just ignores the selected subs since mp4 doesn't have that option?
Old 30th January 2012, 16:34   #72  |  Link
Creat

I know it's just a small thing, but MeGUI creates unique folders for all temporary files of "One Click"-encodes. They are correctly removed once the job finishes, but if it is canceled, the (empty) folder remains. Would be nice if it could be cleaned up if the Job is removed.

I also have to say that I think the "file size" option should be part of the Basic, or at least Default setting and belongs on the first page ("Output" section). I understand that it's predefined in the OC-profile, but to me this is about as basic as it gets. I quite often have to change it, and it's the ONLY value that I change frequently (on a per-encode basis).

Lastly, if I enter a new custom target size, it isn't remembered in the list of recently used custom file sizes.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 16:35   #73  |  Link
meshaun

The OC works fine now. No more audio null exception errors. Thanks for the fix Zathor
Old 5th February 2012, 17:43   #74  |  Link
meshaun

Got an error with another installation I had. Updated it to the latest and made it to the OC .
Sent you the log file.
Old 5th February 2012, 18:56   #75  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshaun View Post
Got an error with another installation I had. Updated it to the latest and made it to the OC .
Sent you the log file.
You get "Short read while reading frame" while indexing your file with ffmsindex.exe. There is nothing I can do as this is a FFMS related problem. Please get in contact with the FFMS guys (e.g. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=127037). But I assume that your source file is corrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
I know it's just a small thing, but MeGUI creates unique folders for all temporary files of "One Click"-encodes. They are correctly removed once the job finishes, but if it is canceled, the (empty) folder remains. Would be nice if it could be cleaned up if the Job is removed.

Lastly, if I enter a new custom target size, it isn't remembered in the list of recently used custom file sizes.
Thanks for the remarks. I have taken care of them in the dev branch and they are available in build 2110.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
I also have to say that I think the "file size" option should be part of the Basic, or at least Default setting and belongs on the first page ("Output" section). I understand that it's predefined in the OC-profile, but to me this is about as basic as it gets. I quite often have to change it, and it's the ONLY value that I change frequently (on a per-encode basis).
Mhm, I need to think about that. I have no final decision yet.

EDIT: Forgot to say - new build available in the first posting.
Old 7th February 2012, 04:59   #76  |  Link
meshaun

Error :
After this, I installed C++ redistribute and .net 4
Then this error shows up when using MeGUI :

Is this something missing on my new OS?

Last edited by meshaun; 7th February 2012 at 05:45.
Old 24th February 2012, 19:59   #77  |  Link
negorv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
- folder as input supported (feature request #3429875)[/LIST]
Thank you for impoving One Click Encoder!

Folder as input does not work as expected.
It asks confirmation after each encoded file - somewhat like "Do you want all the 87 files encoded" - then "Do you want all the 86 files encoded" etc - ruining whole idea of oneclick - so it could not do bunch of sliced DV AVIs overnight - because of confirmation needed for each file to encode (also it doe not matter really if you pressing YES or NO - result is the same).
Also for folder input it obeys working directory just for 1st file encoded - then switches to the source file directory.

Thank you for reading this
negorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 00:48   #78  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

@Negorv, take a look at "MeGUI AutoEncode Batcher" in the Avisynth Usage forum.
EDIT: And the DGIndex Batcher, they work together, mpg->AVS->MP4.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 25th February 2012 at 03:55.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 14:39   #79  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by negorv View Post
Folder as input does not work as expected.It asks confirmation after each encoded file - somewhat like "Do you want all the 87 files encoded" - then "Do you want all the 86 files encoded" etc - ruining whole idea of oneclick - so it could not do bunch of sliced DV AVIs overnight - because of confirmation needed for each file to encode (also it doe not matter really if you pressing YES or NO - result is the same).
This has been changed a long, long time ago. Are you sure you are using the recent build in the first post? If yes please post the complete log (for a folder with two files).

Quote:
Originally Posted by negorv View Post
Also for folder input it obeys working directory just for 1st file encoded - then switches to the source file directory.
It will always use the settings in the OneClick profile you have selected. Other settings are ignored. So you have to select the proper working directory in the profile.
Old 27th February 2012, 03:51   #80  |  Link
negorv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Are you sure you are using the recent build in the first post? If yes please post the complete log (for a folder with two files).
Yes, I am using most recent MeGUI 2115 (svn) Developer Update Server from the first post in this thread.

I was trying to do that on both Win7/64 and Vista/32, also tried different location of source and work files.

It seems to work with 2 and 3 files OK. But asks confirmation in case of 4+ files in dir - for each file.
Log attached (DV AVIs -> 264 MKV).

Many thanks again

Last edited by negorv; 27th February 2012 at 18:20. Reason: attachment removed to save some forum resources :)
negorv is offline   Reply With Quote