Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 2nd August 2005, 05:50   #1  |  Link
Sako73

Using AviSynth to reduce audio size

I have a .avi video file (imported from my video camera). I have it opened via AviSynth script in VirtualDubMod. I try to output it as a DivX 5.1 compressed video clip (.avi), but the audo is gigantic. Is there a way to use AviSynth to reduce the audio size (I understand that the quality will also suffer). Currently, I am using KillAudio to remove it completely, but that isn't what I am ultimately after. Any other suggestions to improve the script would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

My current script is:

Code:
AVISource("C:\DVD_Work\Video-20050731-172025.avi")
Bob
SelectOdd
KillAudio
trim(655, 12352) + trim(13768, 14075) + trim(14718, 15077) + trim(16477, 17030) + trim(17977, 18750)
Sako73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2005, 06:12   #2  |  Link
lark
Regular User

why don't you just process (transcode) the audio in virtualdub as well (for easy solution)? another option (that i use) is to process the audio separately e.g. with besweet and then mux into the video with vd.

regards
t
lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2005, 06:19   #3  |  Link
Sako73

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark
why don't you just process (transcode) the audio in virtualdub as well (for easy solution)?
Embarrassingly, because I don't know how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark
another option (that i use) is to process the audio separately e.g. with besweet and then mux into the video with vd.

regards
t
ok. I may try that.

Thanks for your help.
Sako73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2005, 07:47   #4  |  Link
lark
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sako73
Embarrassingly, because I don't know how.
no problem, just select full processing instead of direct stream copy for the audio (in the audio menu). then you need to select the format (codec) that you want to use. <please note, i was talking about virtualdub, not virtualdubmod.>

but i'm pretty sure that besweet (or belight for simplicity) will give you better results.

regards
t
lark is offline   Reply With Quote