Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th April 2003, 15:12   #1  |  Link
riprazor

Question about menu actions

First, compliments to Dimad for a great tool!

I am trying to understand how to get a button to point at a different menu location. I have the following situation:

The VIDEO_TS.VOB has a menu button labeled "Chapters". Clicking on it takes you to the menu page in the VTS_01_0.VOB file that has menu buttons for "chapters 1-13", "chapters 14-27", and "chapters 28-41". I would prefer that when clicking on the "Chapters" button it would take me directly to the page that the "chapters 28-41" button leads to rather than the overall chapters selection page. If I set the action of the "Chapters" button to be identical to the action of the "chapters 28-41 button", it takes me to a completely different menu page. Is their a solution to my dilema?

Thanks,
Riprazor
riprazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2003, 17:08   #2  |  Link
mpucoder

This is because the command was most likely a Link, which is relative to the domain. From the video manager it goes to the PGC within the video manager group, not the titleset menues.
What you want is a Jump, but those have limitations too. You can Jump to any PGC in the titleset video domain (the movies). But if the PGC is in the titleset menu domain (VTSM) then you are limited to PGCs that are marked as a menu entry. Most likely only the first (chapters 1-13) is marked this way, as you can have only one chapter menu per title. The other 2 are most likely "ordinary" PGCs, ie sub-menues of the chapter menu.

So, bottom line - not with MenuEdit, but with IfoEdit. Find the 2 menu PGCs, one will be marked as "chapter menu", the other (probably the second one following) will be ordinary. Swap their attributes in the VTSM_PGCI_UT, this should make the third menu the one entered when going to the chapter menu.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2003, 19:48   #3  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
Originally posted by riprazor
First, compliments to Dimad for a great tool!

I am trying to understand how to get a button to point at a different menu location. I have the following situation:

The VIDEO_TS.VOB has a menu button labeled "Chapters". Clicking on it takes you to the menu page in the VTS_01_0.VOB file that has menu buttons for "chapters 1-13", "chapters 14-27", and "chapters 28-41". I would prefer that when clicking on the "Chapters" button it would take me directly to the page that the "chapters 28-41" button leads to rather than the overall chapters selection page. If I set the action of the "Chapters" button to be identical to the action of the "chapters 28-41 button", it takes me to a completely different menu page. Is their a solution to my dilema?

Thanks,
Riprazor
I'm going to assume that your chapter menus reside separate cells in one VOB-ID. Mostly likely, the one that has about 4 chapters, 1 main plus 3 chapter menus, should be it. Preview that in your VTS_01_0.IFO / VTS Overview / Menu Language Unit section in IFOedit by double-left clicking on it. If that's the one, get the Menu # on the same line. Now go to / VTSM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_# / PGC Program Map. Assuming that your Chapters 28-41 selection page is in cell 4, edit all your entry cell numbers as 4. This way, no matter which menu pops up, you will have your Chapters 28-41 menu only showing.

Is this what you want? I do this method whenever I do DVD splits with retaining menus and which my chapter selection menus were split.
Old 29th April 2003, 08:09   #4  |  Link
riprazor

2COOL This is exactly what I want and for the same reason as you. After splitting the disc, it makes no sense to have all of the chapter options.

MPUCODER, thanks for your reply as well. I have started to sift through the more technical documentation available on VTS and VOB file formats to better understand exactly what I am seeing in the .IFO files.

Regards,
Riprazor
riprazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2003, 08:17   #5  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

@riprazor

I documented my method in this guide on DVD Splitting Chapter menus awhile back.

Disabling a Chapter Selection Menu Residing in a Multi-Cell VOBid After DVD-Splitting Guide